current rise of the resistance is unfair

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
And it is true we did not get a boarding pass after buying new phones so they would be faster and practicing and signing in the second 7am arrived. The reason was a glitch with mde!!!not fair. Yes we went to guest services and supposedly they fixed it for 2pm try, but the same glitch occurred. We can't be the only one this has happened to. I think a new system with reservation made the same time park reservation is made, with no glitches possible, should be instituted.. First come, first to get pass. Just a sad park goers opinion.

Sorry. It is pretty frustrating. I got up before 7am earlier this week on a day the park didn't open until 10am and still didn't get it. I was so upset about it I couldn't go back to sleep and it kinda wrecked my morning being so exhausted. Found out later that it would never have worked on my phone because I have a 5 series iphone. I'm glad I stopped to ask because they were able to help us get a boarding time, but it does seem like they could come up with a better system. This was our third trip since it opened and we finally rode, yet somehow I've heard from locals who have been on it 10 times already. No idea how they've managed it, but it would be nice if they could somehow make sure first timers get a chance first.

Frustrating on many levels.

I didn't want to schedule more than one day at DHS during my week-long trip. Got a Boarding Pass - Group 64 boarding in 4 hours. Thrilled! Then the ride broke down. Three hours later I got the notice that Boarding Group 64 would never be called.

I’ve been 3 times in 2020. No luck. Meanwhile, locals reserve from home and ride all the time. There should be a way to reserve spots for ride virgins ahead of those who seem to live on this greatest ride ever that breaks down regularly.
I’m getting to the sour grapes part of my personality and I’m starting to hate DHS.

We were there early February 2020 when there was one drop. Got to park early and sat at tables waiting for exact time - it was my 23 year old son and I. Both have iPhone 11 Pro Max- we both tried and he was fast and did easily. I was way too slow. Of course ride was broken most of day but we had early number and since our boarding group was called and we had fast pass in other parks we got a pass that we could use anytime the next day. We are going next month and hope to get one. Idk if there is a glitch in system, human error in people not getting or what.

Rise is a really fun ride, but it’s also an example of why even Imagineers need oversight.

I agree, it's unfair and it sucks. We only had one day at DHS, and did not get a boarding group at either 7 or 2 pm. Very frustrating. When you pay so much money for tickets, you should be able to stand in line and ride.

I agree, it's unfair and it sucks. We only had one day at DHS, and did not get a boarding group at either 7 or 2 pm. Very frustrating. When you pay so much money for tickets, you should be able to stand in line and ride.
The ride didn't start today until mid afternoon, imagine waiting in line without ridinging any other rides or doing anything else for hours and not ride it anyways
The current system is the only one that works now with the unreliability of the ride.

So you would be OK with paying $150.00 to stand in line for 5+ hours? Seems like a poor way to spend my money...

With the current system you at least can spend your day enjoying the park once you fail to get a boarding pass.

i’m perfectly happy with the system as it is. There is never a guarantee you will get to ride any attraction. Attractions have mishaps all the time.

in what way?
  • One year and its broken down probably more than any other ride built in the last several years, except maybe test track.
  • Only a small percentage of guests get to experience this attraction, so it’s not a people eater and not controlling crowds.
  • It’s not dumping people into a gift shop, so no extra merchandise sales.
  • Now it did initially attract a lot of people when it opened, but now it’s just known for how often it breaks down and how hard it is to get a boarding pass.
I’ve ridden rise several times and it’s a really good ride, when it works. However I don’t see that it’s a good return on investment. They could’ve made something a little more scaled-back that didn’t need boarding passes and had a much better long-term ride. If this is how rises is after just one year, what kind of shape is it gonna be in five years. Again, I’m not saying it’s a bad ride, but I am saying they were a bit too ambitious here. That’s just my opinion though, and I realize there will be several people that disagree with me.

Last edited:
Too ambitious is the complete opposite of what Imagineering was set to be by Walt Disney. Compile that with LucasFilm having a hand in the development of Galaxys edge you had to expect a brand new experience.
They work on the ride every night and there have been times when it operates almost 100% at performance, the issues it had this week have actually been new and they are trying to figure out a way to resolve them . The biggest problem in terms of capacity is that they could only build one, obviously 2 would've helped with getting more people through

Too ambitious is the complete opposite of what Imagineering was set to be by Walt Disney. Compile that with LucasFilm having a hand in the development of Galaxys edge you had to expect a brand new experience.
They work on the ride every night and there have been times when it operates almost 100% at performance, the issues it had this week have actually been new and they are trying to figure out a way to resolve them . The biggest problem in terms of capacity is that they could only build one, obviously 2 would've helped with getting more people through
My concerns compound even more under Chapek because at some point he’s going to stop dropping resources into fixing this ride. Ultimately, how many broken “yeti’s” will this thing have in a few years. Now say they cut out the first part of the ride and spent those extra resources on having additional tracks. You would’ve had a souped up Star Wars version of Runaway Railway. It could accommodate more people and you would’ve only lost what is essentially a calm high definition standing version of Star Tours at the beginning. I’ll always say this ride is fun, but another comparison is it’s like when Homer made a car for his brother on the Simpsons. Sometimes less is more.

My concerns compound even more under Chapek because at some point he’s going to stop dropping resources into fixing this ride. Ultimately, how many broken “yeti’s” will this thing have in a few years. Now say they cut out the first part of the ride and spent those extra resources on having additional tracks. You would’ve had a souped up Star Wars version of Runaway Railway. It could accommodate more people and you would’ve only lost what is essentially a calm high definition standing version of Star Tours at the beginning. I’ll always say this ride is fun, but another comparison is it’s like when Homer made a car for his brother on the Simpsons. Sometimes less is more.
Definitely disagree. I'll leave it at that

I agree, it’s really not a great system, but I’m not sure what would be better. I think the biggest problem is that the ride has a relatively low capacity and seems to break down ALOT further decreasing the capacity. I know they work on it, but I wonder if they would be able to prevent more breakdowns by taking a few weeks or months to fix it or maybe it’s not “fixable” and it’s current state is just is what it is because it’s such a complex ride?

I hate to say it, but it's probably going to take a year or more before it becomes reliable. Looking at Forbidden Journey as an example, that ride was very unreliable at first. Now, it's pretty darn reliable for its complexity.

I agree, it’s really not a great system, but I’m not sure what would be better. I think the biggest problem is that the ride has a relatively low capacity and seems to break down ALOT further decreasing the capacity. I know they work on it, but I wonder if they would be able to prevent more breakdowns by taking a few weeks or months to fix it or maybe it’s not “fixable” and it’s current state is just is what it is because it’s such a complex ride?
Rise was supposed to open with the rest of GE in August, because of the issues they decided to delay opening to try and fix it, it didn't happen and they couldn't delay opening it any longer so they did in December.

Pre covid rides like avatar would get 2 sometimes 3 plus hours.

Now rise? Guarantee it'd be 4+ hrs. And where do you put all those people? There's going to be people who wait over 4 hrs it breaks down then complain they wasted an entire day waiting in line and not get to ride.

This is the fairest system at this point

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter