• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current Single Rider offerings?

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
I know there was a recent post about this but I can't find it, ugh. Can someone confirm if these are the current single rider lines available? Also, are some a waste of trying?

DL
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Matterhorn
Indiana Jones
Smuggler's Run

DCA
RSR
Incredicoaster

Be aware that they open and close the single rider lines at will on some of the rides. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when they are open. At first we thought maybe standby had to be at least 60 minutes for them to be open, but that turned out not to be the case. We were there last Weds-Sun, we did single rider for Space Mountain, RSR, and Smuggler's Run. We tried to do RSR a 2nd day on last Sunday when the standby was over an hour, and were told they were not doing single rider. Every time we checked at Indiana Jones, we were told there was no single rider line. On Space Mountain last weekend we did single rider, but the guy filling the coaster, was only pulling a single rider about 1 out of every 5 times there was an empty seat. We we wondering why it was taking so long, and then as we got to where we could see the cars, we could see what he was doing. The people in front of us, were telling the people in front of them, they should just go up and stand in the row without being told when there was just one rider because they were getting irritated he wasn't filling the empty seats.

If they are open, they are definitely worth it on RSR, Space (assuming the seats are being filled) and Indiana Jones and if you don't mind being the engineer, on Smuggler's Run.

Star Tours had SRL as well :)

I've had some success and some minor failures at Space. Sometimes it's fast (1-3 people in front of you so you're seated in a few minutes), but I've had 15+ people in front of me, leading to a 30-ish minute wait. And unlike some other attractions, you can't see the SRL ahead of time to figure out an estimated wait.

I was turned away for Splash and Indy single rider today. I didn’t try Space cause it was opening and a 10 minute wait was posted (took 40 minutes). Matterhorn and and Smugglers Run are both great, efficient single riders. Also did RSR the other day at DCA.

Last weekend, the parks were crazy. My DD did single rider for Space and Smugglers. The line for Indy was never open. One Saturday when the line for SM was 65+ minutes and we really needed SR to be open, it was closed and they said “try back in a hour”. Frustrating. We did use SR at RSR and that was very quick compared to the 60 minute standby line. At MF:SR she was assigned engineer but the other family offered her pilot since only one of them wanted to be the pilot. She said the wait was minimal.

We utilized SR very much on our trip in July. Here was our experience with each one:
Space- very fast early in the day before lots of single riders build up. About 30 minutes later in the day but that’s better than standby still

Matterhorn- a little slow in the middle of the day, probably 20-30 minutes, still way better than standby

Star Tours- never open

Indiana Jones- ok the one time it was open but it was usually closed

Splash- if you do it towards the beginning of the day it’s very fast. But as it gets warmer standby builds up a ton and that leads to SR building up a ton. You’ll probably wait at least half an hour in the middle of the day if it’s hot. However, that was my July experience, when it was a lot warmer.

Falcon- most of the time took less than 5 minutes. One time it took 10-15. Tip: look at both staircases to see which line is shorter. Sometimes people just follow the crowd to one staircase and leave the other one empty

Cars- it wasn’t always open. If you do it toward the beginning of the day you wait like 5 minutes. If it is open later, you probably wait half an hour. Still way better than standby

Grizzly- I never did it but my brother did because he’s obsessed with that ride and when it was open it was very fast

Incredicoaster- very fast early in the day. Not worth it at ALL later. Standby in the middle of the day is usually “20-30 minutes” according to the posted wait but it moves twice that fast but you’ll for sure be stuck in SR for 30+ minutes if it’s stretching up the bridge. It might be worth it if it’s not going outside the queue

Goofy’s Sky School also offers it but I never do that ride lol

We tried to do single rider RSR last night, but they closed off that option. They said it was temporary, but we never circled back to check later. I wanted to do Splash Mountain, but whole ride was closed when we were in that area.

Be aware that they open and close the single rider lines at will on some of the rides. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when they are open. At first we thought maybe standby had to be at least 60 minutes for them to be open, but that turned out not to be the case. We were there last Weds-Sun, we did single rider for Space Mountain, RSR, and Smuggler's Run. We tried to do RSR a 2nd day on last Sunday when the standby was over an hour, and were told they were not doing single rider. Every time we checked at Indiana Jones, we were told there was no single rider line. On Space Mountain last weekend we did single rider, but the guy filling the coaster, was only pulling a single rider about 1 out of every 5 times there was an empty seat. We we wondering why it was taking so long, and then as we got to where we could see the cars, we could see what he was doing. The people in front of us, were telling the people in front of them, they should just go up and stand in the row without being told when there was just one rider because they were getting irritated he wasn't filling the empty seats.

If they are open, they are definitely worth it on RSR, Space (assuming the seats are being filled) and Indiana Jones and if you don't mind being the engineer, on Smuggler's Run.

The reason they don't fill every single seat on Space Mountain is if they did, they risk the rocket being too heavy and having to be pulled off onto the spur track. While its normal every now and then for a rocket to get pulled off onto the spur, if it happens too often can they run out of room on the spur and that will cause the ride to cascade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter