Current state of things in Orlando area thread

Govols1997

Mouseketeer
I've been reading the other threads trying to find out current conditions as we are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Could we use this as a current conditions thread? If you are there or traveling, you could post time, area and conditions? This would be a huge help to those trying to get there, get home, etc.

I've been reading the other threads trying to find out current conditions as we are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Could we use this as a current conditions thread? If you are there or traveling, you could post time, area and conditions? This would be a huge help to those trying to get there, get home, etc.
Moving this to the Transportation Board for you. You may also want to post in the Hurricane thread.

We are here now at OKW. Just a normal rainy day here now. We are in a one bedroom so we are comfortable. It's Friday, 12:38 pm

Thanks! That Matthew thread has taken a turn toward $13 lunches, so I was hoping for a conditions only post. :daisy:

Orlando has been downgraded to a tropical storm warning/watch. Things should clear between 2-4, depending on swirls. Gusts going down hourly. Saturday and Sunday should be clear. Check WESH Orlando.

We are hopefully flying into Sanford Airport on Sunday. Was there any damage to the airports?

We're at the Poly in a lake view studio. Have a great view all around Seven Seas Lagoon. At 1pm we have light rain and breezy conditions. In the past hour the winds have shifted from the north to the east, so we're on the bottom of the storm.

MCO is technically open, although all flights in and out have been cancelled for today. Most flights for tomorrow prior to 5pm have also been cancelled. Southwest is planning on resuming full operations as of 5pm tomorrow. Good for us, since our flight home is at 5:50. It shows on-time. Anything prior shows cancelled.

MCO is reporting no damage, and all the airlines made their plans well before the storm took an eastward jog and reduced the anticipated severity of the storm for the Orlando area. It'll take most of tomorrow for the airlines to get their planes repositioned and schedules back to normal

At the rate things are improving, I expect that tomorrow will be just fine. MCO will be a zoo for a few days as people try to get out, but weather shouldn't be the issue.

Parks should open as normal tomorrow. Crews appear to be checking for damage and cleaning up what little debris I've seen. I did hear a chainsaw a bit ago, but it lasted only a couple of minutes.

Steve

We're scheduled to fly out of MCO tomorrow and our flight is still showing as on time in the JetBlue app. I'm surprised at this and am wondering if that can really be so. I guess we'll know for sure in the morning.

Different Airlines have different plans. Delta is planning to have some, but not all, of their morning flights take off on schedule. American doesn't expect to have any flights out before noon, and very limited then. It just all depends on where their aircraft actually are and how long it will take them to reposition them.

If you haven't already, call Jet Blue and ask. What I saw on-line with SW was all the flights tomorrow I could take home were cancelled except the late one that I had reservations on. I called SW and they verified that the plan was to restart all their flights as of 5pm. My flight will be one of their first flights out tomorrow.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter