Current Swim with Dolphins Activity

bloomcruisers

Mouseketeer
I was just looking to book the Black Friday special and went to UCT to compare the price. On the UT site they have a special note about the Swim with Dolphin activity being modified that I didn't see any reference to on the Discovery Cove site.

PLEASE NOTE​

• ATTENTION: DISCOVERY COVE’S MODIFIED, “WADE WITH” DOLPHIN EXPERIENCE IS AVAILABLE - Discovery Cove has modified their Signature Dolphin Swim Experience, dolphin interactions will take place in the shallow portion of Dolphin Lagoon. Masks will be available for any guests that are not fully vaccinated. Additional details on Discovery Cove’s health and safety policies are here.
Is this current policy? What exactly does it mean? Has anyone been recently and do you still get to be pulled by a dolphin? For at least a short swim? Or is it only a petting type experience in the shallow pool?

Any input from a recent experience would be appreciated.

Last edited:
On the UTC site they have a special note about the Swim with Dolphin activity being modified that I didn't see any reference to on the Discovery Cove site.

I think it's an oversight that the disclosure is still on the UT site. That's the blurb that was on DC website during Covid precautions.

I'm not sure if they have gone back to the regular dolphin swim or not. But even during covid when masks were required & that blurb was right on the DC site, they still did a dolphin fin pull. It was just in a shallower area where you could walk out, no swimming necessary. I believe it was the same pull that they had also offered prior for those that didn't want to swim out into deeper water.

Other than not swimming out into deeper water, I didn't notice much difference in the dolphin experience between 2018 & spring 2021.

Thanks Capslock! The Black Friday deal had me finally ready to book after looking at it for years. Then when I saw that change note I got worried that I had missed the boat on the full experience. Glad to hear that being pulled by the dolphin is still included and I can go ahead and book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter