Current wait time surprisingly low?

I'm blaming the trashy guests among us. On one visit, I saw a worker picking up bottles near the water inside MK. Those bottles wouldn't have gotten there unless someone flung them there. Why deliberately trash the place and cause more work for the staff?

While I don't disagree that guests have become more "trashy", it's also true that people are more apt to drop their trash anywhere the trashier the place is. So by not getting it cleaned up as quickly, Disney is making the problem worse.

Ultimately this does fall to Disney and they have the resources to deal with it, if they so choose. It's all a matter of priorities and values, not just on the part of the guests, but also on the part of Disney.

I know you aren't asking this for an answer, but I think some people are more entitled with all the high prices at disney. They pay a high price just to get in, another one for D+ and LL's. Then there is the high priced mediocre food. Then the cheap Chinese made souveniers. There's just more and more pressure due to increased prices and more pressure to get on all the attractions whatever you have to do. If you don't, you wait a long time. Then there are the crowds and the summer heat. Not to mention the costs to get to WDW in the first place! I think it's all of this that makes people more entitled and the attitude of "I paid a lot of money for this and I Will get what I want".
I don't know what the answer is to this, but it seems to be getting worse.
That line feels a bit like covert racism to me.

I have had Disney products Made in the USA that are cheap and Made in China that are cheap. Loungefly bags are a product made in China and last I checked they are not cheap. I don't know why cheap products by Disney have to be attributed to one country. There is also a different between saying "Chinese made" and "American made" vs. Made in "....". Words matter. Language matters.

Certainly, a product made in the USA could be made by persons of many different ethnicities, likewise products made in China.

Last edited:

I'm blaming the trashy guests among us. On one visit, I saw a worker picking up bottles near the water inside MK. Those bottles wouldn't have gotten there unless someone flung them there. Why deliberately trash the place and cause more work for the staff?
YES! I'm local and know lots and lots of cast members. The level of guest trashiness has gone up.The things they see and pick up after people is disgusting. And it's at a rate that they cannot keep up with it. people constantly trashing the parks.

Last edited:
I know you aren't asking this for an answer, but I think some people are more entitled with all the high prices at disney. They pay a high price just to get in, another one for D+ and LL's. Then there is the high priced mediocre food. Then the cheap Chinese made souveniers. There's just more and more pressure due to increased prices and more pressure to get on all the attractions whatever you have to do. If you don't, you wait a long time. Then there are the crowds and the summer heat. Not to mention the costs to get to WDW in the first place! I think it's all of this that makes people more entitled and the attitude of "I paid a lot of money for this and I Will get what I want".
I don't know what the answer is to this, but it seems to be getting worse.
Disney is transparent about their costs and guests can choose to visit or not. If the stress from the "high" prices is causing some to behave poorly, then perhaps Disney is not a suitable place for them.

What does the Chinese-made souvenirs have to do with the pressure and the entitlement?

While I don't disagree that guests have become more "trashy", it's also true that people are more apt to drop their trash anywhere the trashier the place is. So by not getting it cleaned up as quickly, Disney is making the problem worse.

Ultimately this does fall to Disney and they have the resources to deal with it, if they so choose. It's all a matter of priorities and values, not just on the part of the guests, but also on the part of Disney.
So it's Disney's fault that someone changed their baby on the dining table in Pinocchio Village Haus and left it on the table for the worker to clean up. It was already trashy, so why not? Sticking your food waste on top of a penny press machine. Letting your kid pee in the plants. Letting your dog poo on the concrete. I have stories for days so I could tell a lot more. They can't keep up at the rate that people are being inconsiderate.

Disney is already doing a commendable job at picking up after their guests. This is why the parks and resorts are clean despite having a high volume of visitors. Also, a polite person does not drop trash just because the place is trashy.

Disney is transparent about their costs and guests can choose to visit or not. If the stress from the "high" prices is causing some to behave poorly, then perhaps Disney is not a suitable place for them.

What does the Chinese-made souvenirs have to do with the pressure and the entitlement?
I've noticed on other posts that you are quick to jump on anyone who does not agree with you. Sounds like a troll.
Anyway, I don't have time to argue with you. Ignore!

Does anyone really think that July 11th was that much busier than July 4th?

I stopped watching wait times after Len Testa showed that ride throughput was reduced during these "Busy" times a few years ago. Disney has been restricting ride access to save money on labor costs for a few years now.

Unfortunately, wait times have been picked up as the proxy for park busyness by The Wall Street Journal and other major papers. I have seen so many articles of how slow it is based on this false data.
Yes. I was there over the July 4 weekend. Ride lines were shorter, crowds were less. Many annual pass holders were blocked out and I'm guessing that people would also choose to avoid the holiday because of the expectation that it would be more crowded. I was not there on the 11th, but I was there yesterday, the 12th, and crowds were not as light as the 4th. I still wouldn't call it light like in the past when my family would go in the off season and there were zero wait times. But it was lighter than a year ago at this time. It's so hot and humid and the daily storms shut down everything outdoors, even if only briefly. If you can avoid the heat and postpone and do a Halloween or Christmas party, that seems to be the way to go. I also know people who are waiting for the parties.

Both CNBC and CNN today have their own angles on why numbers are down not just at WDW but also now at Universal Orlando. They touch on some of the regular culprits: hot weather, post-pandemic competition increasing, the economy, Florida politics...

But the main reason they focus on? It's just become too d--- expensive.

I thought this was fascinating to mention on this particular board as I know this has been one of the main gripes of posters here. The many lifelong pass holders who've declared they're done with Disney. The fact that it's now more expensive to spend a few days in Orlando than to take a truly luxurious trip to a "bucket list" destination.

Here's CNN's piece if you're interested: https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/13/business/disney-world-universal-orlando-attendance-down/index.html

Just jumping in here. I imagine there are lots of reasons attendance may be down (though just from looking at the app, ride wait times recently have been WAY up there). I'm sure expense is a part of it. But I will say this, we were there (just for a lunch stopover on the way to Sarasota) around the 4th and the heat was UNBEARABLE. I lived in Central Florida for two years and my in-laws live in Sarasota, I know Florida heat. This was the most unbearable heat I can recall ever having experienced. We did one lap around the Boardwalk and I was done with being outside.

Yes, I know, people who already had planned trips won't not go because of the heat. But if I were a casual visitor and had the option, you could not have paid me to spend 1 hr in the parks in that heat, much less all day.

Again, not saying this was the only reason for the low crowds on the 4th, or even the main one, but I imagine it didn't help.

No doubt that lots of stinky people close in very close proximity to me is never seen as a positive experience. Couldn't pay me to go to the parks right now.

Just got back from 10 days... it's weird because the parks aren't really crowded like they should be but at the same time many of the big name rides were out of control long wait times. If you wanted the shows or lesser ride experiences those could be had quickly. But it was too darn hot. And the weather/storms/rain (I know it's the same every summer) didn't help. Will also be making a separate post about this but EVERTY ride broke down and broke down often definitely contributing to long ride times.

No doubt that lots of stinky people close in very close proximity to me is never seen as a positive experience. Couldn't pay me to go to the parks right now.

LOL. Yes, the stinky people. We were in line for Toy Story and my youngest kept asking me "what's that smell" and "something stinks" It was the BO of the people around us. So much BO right now.

LOL. Yes, the stinky people. We were in line for Toy Story and my youngest kept asking me "what's that smell" and "something stinks" It was the BO of the people around us. So much BO right now.
Repeat after me people. Frequent showers and real deodorant used daily. This is not the summer to be trying some all natural wholistic deodorant made with hemp oil. Experiment with that mess in the fall / winter please!

People are just slobs nowadays. I pick up a small bag of trash that cars throw out in my front yard weekly, it's just the overall erosion of the culture in general and no one respects anyone else anymore.

I’m guessing people have always been slobs. 😁 Who else remembers the commercials in the 1970s with the crying Native American when he sees people littering?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter