Current Youth Activities CM -- Ask me anything!

I'm not saying that ethnic dishes aren't served. But there ARE alternatives there. If the food was so horrible, people would not be renewing contracts. No one holds a gun to their heads.

No. Mickey doesn't hold a gun to their head.
Their payments back in their home countries do for some, even many, however.

No. Mickey doesn't hold a gun to their head.
Their payments back in their home countries do for some, even many, however.

Never mind. It's pointless to argue with you. Not even worth it.

I just do not think either of us are qualified to state that the food is good enough without having actually eaten it day after day for months.

And why is it automatically an argument these days when someone disagrees with you or offers an opposing view?

Why can't people discuss a posing views without one storming off upset and offended accusing the other of arguing when they pose a different view point?

I think it's pretty obvious that Dug was trying to explain that fish heads are NOT the only food served. Yeah, you might not like to look at it, but I'm sure there are things we eat here that other countries would be disgusted by too. Let's not forget a large amount of the crew are probably from countries that ENJOY that type of food. Walk past it, and get a salad.

Im a former CRP castmember (worked world showcase) and ALOT of people I worked with including my favourite manager went on cruiselines (some many cruises) I havent heard too much good about the food either. But they still love it they felt the food could be trumped by the experience. Thanks for a great thread :)

I think it's pretty obvious that Dug was trying to explain that fish heads are NOT the only food served. Yeah, you might not like to look at it, but I'm sure there are things we eat here that other countries would be disgusted by too. Let's not forget a large amount of the crew are probably from countries that ENJOY that type of food. Walk past it, and get a salad.

And no one on this thread said fish heads were the ONLY thing available.
I just think until you have walked the walk, you cannot talk the talk. Walk past it is your suggestion, but I really think unless anyone has walked a cafeteria line day after day with that served, we have no right to comment on what is acceptable to others that do not appreciate that cuisine nor tell them that it isn't every day.

My 17 year old says he is not going into the vibe on his own, he is shy. Is there an easier way of getting him to meet some kids his age first, he may be more comfortable.

My 17 year old says he is not going into the vibe on his own, he is shy. Is there an easier way of getting him to meet some kids his age first, he may be more comfortable.

Have you tried making contacts on your cruise meet thread? Many families help the kids locate other kids months before the cruise. The kids connect online, and then are eager to meet once the cruise comes around.

Enjoy your cruise!

I had no issues with the clubs because my girls, ages 4 and 5, LOVED them and wanted to be there, but I do have to say that the Youth Counselors (on the Fantasy in September) did NOT seem at all happy. Not one of them. They always seemed annoyed, frazzled, stressed, and just grouchy. It was fine since my kids seemed happy, but man, I was under the impression that they all pretty much hated being there.
I am sure it's probably one of the more stressful positions.

I had no issues with the clubs because my girls, ages 4 and 5, LOVED them and wanted to be there, but I do have to say that the Youth Counselors (on the Fantasy in September) did NOT seem at all happy. Not one of them. They always seemed annoyed, frazzled, stressed, and just grouchy. It was fine since my kids seemed happy, but man, I was under the impression that they all pretty much hated being there.

We got off the Magic last week & I could Not disagree more with this post - especially the Counselors in the Edge. My kids loved being there and it seemed like the Counselors loved being there. We lost a Wave phone one night and they were so Very helpful to getting it back.

I am sure that every cruise is different and Counselors that age (mostly 20's I'm guessing) probably have good & bad days - but our experience was All positive!

At the end of the night, there's generally about 10 of us. (May vary, depending on what's happening that evening/ what ship you're on!) I wouldn't try it in the middle of the day - there could be 20-30 of use roaming about on the floor/ we wouldn't be allowed to touch it anyway!

Do all CMs appreciate the Mickey Bars or just the kids club CMs?

Can I just walk up to a CM anytime on the ship and give them a Mickey Bar?

Can I give one to my room Host?

Can I give them to my servers?

Can I give one to the person who delivers them to our room?

Do all CMs appreciate the Mickey Bars or just the kids club CMs?

Can I just walk up to a CM anytime on the ship and give them a Mickey Bar?

Can I give one to my room Host?

Can I give them to my servers?

Can I give one to the person who delivers them to our room?
You probably could, but they would not be able to eat it right then. It could wind up being tossed (out of your sight), if they don't have someplace to keep it for "later".

And no one on this thread said fish heads were the ONLY thing available.
I just think until you have walked the walk, you cannot talk the talk. Walk past it is your suggestion, but I really think unless anyone has walked a cafeteria line day after day with that served, we have no right to comment on what is acceptable to others that do not appreciate that cuisine nor tell them that it isn't every day.

No one but you is complaining about the fish heads. My family had a Jamaican housekeeper who made fish heads at least every week for about 20 years. She loved it. She would constantly tease me and offer it to me. She knew I didn't like seafood. I never made her feel that she couldn't eat something in front of me. If you don't want a particular food, you don't have to take it. If it was in the cafeteria walk by and take what you want and don't make anyone feel uncomfortable about food that someone else may enjoy.

This wasn't our experience on the Dream. In fact, as a specific example, I walked in at the end of Pluto's Pajama Party one night and the counselors were clearly having a blast. In particular, the woman running it had every child rapt with attention and Pluto wasn't even there any longer! She was so silly and way way into it. It's a great memory for my daughter.

I'm sure, like all of us, they have good days and bad days. Maybe there was some illness going around and a bunch of counselors were out of commission and others had to pick up the slack. Who knows. I've learned that when someone is cranky, I can't possibly know the ins and outs of their life at that moment and there's usually more to the story. Hopefully in your case in the Fantasy, this was isolated to your few interactions and the children's interactions were different. :)

I have a youth club question. We're doing our first ever cruise in August 2016 (Alaskan cruise on the Wonder). :earsboy:
My girls will be 12 and 16, unfortunately they'd be in different clubs due to their ages. For the Youth Activity Open Houses--can both girls go to Edge or Vibe or even the Oceaneer Lab if there is an open house? Does a parent need to stay with them for the open house?

I have a youth club question. We're doing our first ever cruise in August 2016 (Alaskan cruise on the Wonder). :earsboy:
My girls will be 12 and 16, unfortunately they'd be in different clubs due to their ages. For the Youth Activity Open Houses--can both girls go to Edge or Vibe or even the Oceaneer Lab if there is an open house? Does a parent need to stay with them for the open house?
AFAIK, the Open House in Oceaneer's the kids must have an adult/guardian with them. But I'm not sure whether that refers to just the "little" kids who would normally be in there or all kids. Don't know about Open House in Edge/Vibe.

Is the official Disney CM no longer available to answer these questions?

I realize this was originally posted in 2013 and the CM may very well be onboard a ship right now. I'm just wondering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter