• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Currently, Mears or Sunshine Flyer? Any recent experiences?

We used Sunshine Flyer for our quick Tron AP preview trip a couple of weeks ago.

Our flight got in at about 10pm and we only had carry-ons so went straight to the Sunshine Flyer check-in desk. After checking in, we had enough time for a quick bathroom break and then got on the bus. We left shortly after and made stops at Pop, AoA and ASM before our stop at POFQ. We were at the hotel by 11:30pm.

On the way back to the airport, the bus was about 5 mins early from the pickup time. We had 1 stop at OKW and then headed to the airport. We were at the airport with 2-1/2 hours to spare before our flight.

We had a great experience and it felt just like DME used to. We will likely use them again for future trips.
What sort of time window do they give you for pickup time to take you from the hotel to the airport?

We are on our second trip using Mears. Took Bus r/t.

My son arrived a few days later - they were on a shuttle.

Hoping our return home no issues.

I used SF a couple weeks ago.

On 3/3, I walked right up to the desk to check in and was checked in and told I could sit in the waiting area across the way. There were maybe 4-5 families. I was called less than 10 minutes later. There were only 10 people on the bus including the driver. 2 families of 4 plus myself as a solo. The bus made 3 stops (AoA, Coronado, and then AKV-Jambo). I think Coronado and AKV were actually supposed to be the other way around but the one little one was melting down and the driver made the decision to flip the order which was fine with me. The only reason the ride was a little longer than normal is that we hit some traffic and slowdowns on the highway.

My return trip on 3/10 also went well. My pickup time was 4:25 for a 7:45 PM flight. The bus was a couple minutes early, but myself and one other family were all out waiting and ready to go. AKV-Jambo was the last pickup, so it was straight onto the airport. There were a few slowdowns on the road, but it was Friday approaching rush hour. There were I think about 20 or so people on the bus on the return trip. I am not sure where else it picked up first. I was at the airport more than 2.5 hours before my flight. It was pretty crazy in the airport though, so I was glad to be there early.

Not sure if they can sustain very long with the low amount of riders on my recent trips. They used full size buses despite the small number of passengers (especially the first one). And I got a discount for $12 each way ($24 round trip) that they had a month or so ago.

I didn't see it mentioned but if you're flying Jet Blue into terminal C you have to get your baggage and make your way over to terminal B which can be a hike, at least it was in Dec. Sunshine Flyer said they were going to get a pick-up, drop-off at terminal C but I wouldn't bet on it, but I'm pretty sure Mears had one in terminal C in December.

We just arrived at MCO 12 days ago. We got our luggage and went straight down to the ground floor from there - right under the luggage carousel. Mears counter is for JetBlue and International customers only.

I will say I think the customer service and communication of Sunshine Flyer would be hard to beat. We did Mears once and it was fine (just did return), but we've used SF multiple times and all has gone smoothly. We've never had to wait long and they are super easy to communicate with. I was able to move our return pickup by a few hrs. on departure day due to my flight being delayed. I really can't say enough good things about SF as a company. All interactions have been great, friendly and we've always felt well taken care of...what you would expect from Disney only they're not Disney.

I will say I think the customer service and communication of Sunshine Flyer would be hard to beat. We did Mears once and it was fine (just did return), but we've used SF multiple times and all has gone smoothly. We've never had to wait long and they are super easy to communicate with. I was able to move our return pickup by a few hrs. on departure day due to my flight being delayed. I really can't say enough good things about SF as a company. All interactions have been great, friendly and we've always felt well taken care of...what you would expect from Disney only they're not Disney.
We used them for the first time this month and I have to agree! I also liked that they had actual chairs to wait in...although we didn't wait long to load the bus. On our return to the airport, the bus driver saw a traffic back up and told us she was going a different way. We made it to the airport right on time. I hope SF sticks around, they are excellent.

Used both last month.
MCO to Pop: Sunshine Flyer
Picked up luggage, and went to the check in desk on level 1. Waited for our hotel to get called, and then our luggage was loaded onto the bus. Cartoons were playing (non Disney), and train themed trivia would appear on the screens. Bus driver also asked us some Disney trivia questions. First dropped off guests at All Star Movies, then went to Pop.

Pop to MCO: Mears
Pick up was where the magical express used to pick up from. Driver loaded luggage into the bus. No cartoons playing, but the radio was on. Dropped off one passenger at Terminal C before the rest of us were dropped at Terminal B
What time did your flight leave MCO and what time did Mears pick you up from POP?

Our flight is at 7:30 a.m. and wondering if a 4:35 a.m. pick-up is enough time (we have TSA Pre-check) but will be checking a bag. Southwest on a Monday.

What time did your flight leave MCO and what time did Mears pick you up from POP?

Our flight is at 7:30 a.m. and wondering if a 4:35 a.m. pick-up is enough time (we have TSA Pre-check) but will be checking a bag. Southwest on a Monday.
Not OP, but that's plenty of time, especially that early in the am. We've done this many many times, only no pre-check and always check bags. We've always had plenty of time including a stop for waters for the plane and a stop to eat.

Not OP, but that's plenty of time, especially that early in the am. We've done this many many times, only no pre-check and always check bags. We've always had plenty of time including a stop for waters for the plane and a stop to eat.
Thanks! I should have clarified - using Sunshine Flyer. Panicked bc read where they may make a bunch of stops, but even if it takes an hour, I still feel pretty good!

We had an international flight, so Mears picked us up at 4PM for our flight leaving MCO at 8:20PM. Took about 50 minutes to get to the airport from Pop, but there was some sort of construction going on which is why I think it took a longer time.

Thanks! I should have clarified - using Sunshine Flyer. Panicked bc read where they may make a bunch of stops, but even if it takes an hour, I still feel pretty good!
We've taken SF back 3 times so far and always arrived in plenty of time. I think we've only ever had 1 other stop.

We used Mears Connect last week from MCO to the Dolphin. My primary reason for choosing Mears Connect over Uber is that I did not want to deal with installing and uninstalling our booster seats. Here are my thoughts:

Reservations: Four of us purchased tickets ahead of time but one of us purchased a ticket for himself at the Mears desk. That process was fast and easy.

Timing: Everyone was pretty hungry and Terminal C is really nice. While they ate lunch, I called Mears to see if it's okay if we took a later bus. They said that the reservation is flexible and lasts for 48 hours.

Luggage: They loaded and unloaded our suitcases for us.

Wait time: Upon arrival, a bus was there and ready to board and there were probably ten other passengers were sitting on it. We waited another 5-7 minutes for more passengers.

Stops: We stopped at Pop Century and at Boardwalk Inn before arriving at Dolphin.

Entertainment: There were no videos during the bus ride but I am very okay with that.

Staff: Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Considering my main reason for choosing Mears Connect and that we were not in a rush to get to a park or dining reservation, I was happy with experience!

I have used Mears Connect on several trips. I have experienced great service and terrible service on these trips. Last week, I used Mears Connect from the airport to the Swan Reserve. It took over an hour and a half on a small shuttle bus to arrive at the Swan Reserve and the driver seemed very frustrated that he had to make the stop for me, I have also experienced on time service in March at Pop Century with pick-up in a small shuttle bus. Last Thursday, I decided to splurged for a private car service from the hotel to the airport for my elderly mother and I. We used Orlando Magical Rides - the cost was $115 one-way to the airport, but the service was professional, friendly, and efficient. I received several emails confirming the reservation and text from the driver to confirm our pick-up time and location/drop -off, and also a number to contact if the driver did not arrive by the pick-up time. The cost for Mears Connect back to the airport was 38.00 for two persons, so it was approximately $70 dollars more. In my opinion, it was worth the extra money (if it is in the budget) to have professional service and be dropped off at the second floor with baggage check, especially with an elderly traveler.

As a solo traveler, I would probably decide to try Sunshine Flyer for my next trip. If I am going to Disney with my elderly mother. I will use a private car service in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter