Curves for Women!

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
Come on ladies - I know you're out there! Somebody must still be doing Curves. I didn't go for two weeks over the holidays, but I went back in today. My legs felt like jelly when I was done, but I'm really looking forward to getting back into a routine.

I love Curves! Much better atmosphere than a gym, IMO. :)
I've been skipping it over the holidays, too, but really did a strong workout yesterday to get myself back into it.

I was just wondering about curves too, Minnie. There used to be a huge thread on here.
Our local TV channel has been having a commercial offering one week free at Curves.
Anyone out there that feels it's worth going to?

Faith - if you can get a free week - GO! The only way to know whether you'll like it is to try it. It's a 30 minute work-out . You go anytime they're open (you don't sign up for a "class"). You work out on "machines" in a circuit. It sounds kinda hokie - but it works! The fact that it's women only is nice too.

I love Curves.
I have been doing it for about a month now and its funny because I had to stop for about a week and a half and when I went back man did I feel it. So be consistent and keep going,it will show in your measurements!
I lost 4 pounds-12 inches and some body fat as well!!

Joined last night and my first workout is there tonight!!

Hope I don't pull a muscle.... :)

I just joined curves last night, and I go for my orientation on Friday. I'd been working out with a personal trainer regularly, and this will suppliment that.

looking forward to it. I've heard a lot of great things :)

I'm a huge Curves fan! I think I have over 110 visits now when you add up all of my home and away visits. Made a huge difference in my body. Between that and WW, I went from being someone who had to lay back in bed to zip up her jeans to someone who can move around her stomach muscles and actually SEE the action! :)

Going for my trial class next Tuesday!

Anyone else have any comments about Curves?

Thanks
Vivienne

It's been a month now since I've joined, and I can already feel a difference in my legs, arms, etc. It's *really* working!

I hope everyone else has great results!! keep it up, ladies!

Can you guys give me some more info about Curves - I've seen the commercials and would love to go and try it out, however right now my car is snowed in and I have a paper to write by friday so I don't see myself getting out there until the end of the week. I understand that you move from maching to machine, right? Are you expected to supplement that with aerobic training (I hvae a treadmill). Also how much does it cost? Your input would be great.

I joined Curves back in September and still love it. I did slack off a little during the holidays but I am getting back in the routine of 3-4 times a week. Finally convinced some ladies in my DD Gymnastics class to join.

You work on one piece of equipment and then you have a "rest period" on a pad. You work on the equipment for 30 seconds, then walk in place for 30 seconds then back onto the equipment. There is a "voice" that tells you when to move onto the next piece of equipment. Every once in a while it will have you stop and take your pulse to make sure you are not over exerting yourself.

As for the cost I know there is a joining fee, but some places are waiving it. You have three options: 1. Pay for the whole year in advance for a price about $299 or so (I am not sure about the price. I know someone who paid for the whole year and she said it was about $200 and something).
2. Pay by check monthly for $39.00
3. Or have automatic withdrawals from your checking account for $29.00.

Thank you so much for that info. It really seems affordable and now I can't wait to go there and try it out.

What if you join & then find out that it is not for you, can you cancel your membership?

I would recommend trying the trial class. I do know when you join you have to sign some a paper that states you are joining for a year. I am going to assume there may be some type of penalty for cancelling a membership before the year.

I don't the price is not bad considering for some health clubs it costs $49 or more a month, a yoga class $60 for six weeks. You can go 6 days a week. You can travel to other places if you don't like the place you join. You could have the membership transferred.

I am not a huge fan of excercising but I really like Curves. You don't have to worry about men being there and having to act a certain way. You meet a lot of people that are there for the same reasons.

I can't guarantee you will like it but everone I know that has joined has come back to say they love it. And I have been going for 7 months and I am not bored with it yet.

How long does it take to do one "class"? I now have 4 curves around me and I'd like to see if I could fit it in when my DD is in pre-school. I would only have about 45 minutes..

Jill

The workout is 30 minutes. Then you stretch for a few minutes after that. From the time I leave my house and get back I am gone about an hour. It takes me about 15 minutes to drive there. So it depends how far the Curves is from your house, add the travel time and the 30 minutes and that is how long you should give yourself for the workout.

Cindy

Thanks for the reply, Cindy! Now I just have to check out the place and see when it opens.

I noticed that you are also from MA. WHich curves do you go to? Near me there are curves in Milford, Bellingham, Franklin & Blackstone. At this time I would try Milford.

Thanks!

Jill

I remember that huge Curves thread! I loved it and have gotten away from it, but you guys are inspiring me to go this morning! I'll get back to you! :)
CC

Hi Jill,

I joined the one in Webster. My friend got me to join and that is the one she had belonged to. I don't have one in the town I live in. I have been to the one in Uxbridge (my DD goes to gymnastic there so when she is in class I go work out). I have not tried the one in Whitinsville or Sutton. You actually don't live very far from me. One town over from Uxbridge going west.

Cathy I hope you go. I am going tonight after work. I've slacked alittle this week with the weather but I am looking forward to it.

Cindy:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter