Cut one park short for the day - Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

I would do full day at AK. It’s not really zoo like. Your daughter may like doing the wilderness explorer thing they have for kids. You do different activities throughout the park and get badge stickers. I would do 1/2 day of Epcot in late afternoon evening. No point going when World Showcase isn’t open. I think the scuttlebut is Ratatouille will open before end of Flower & Garden which is early June. The park needs a draw between F&G and F&W in August

I love Epcot, so I probably wouldn't cut it out completely, but I would cut it short given it's state these days.

As much as I enjoy EPCOT, with all the construction, that would be the one I would cut short if needed.

I'd say you can cut Epcot to half a day. Why? Primarily because of just how much of it is under construction right now. You won't run into much of that at AK, so it would be the better value for your time.

For us, we’re only planning one Epcot day, simply because of the construction. We’re doing 2 days at Animal Kingdom, because there’s so much more now, with Avatar. I’d cut the Epcot day short....

I guess I would ask myself....do I enjoy the World Showcase? If I didn't love it, then I'd do the 1/2 day at Epcot.

10 yr old not gonna like Epcot the way adults do. And AK is not like a zoo. AKL is. Yes there’s a safari ride, but outside that, it’s an amusement park.

Honestly Epcot is my favourite park but it's more for a relaxing day or evening. We went to world showcase every night last year because we were close by. This year we are going to world showcase 0 nights because it is not close by. If you want to do attractions you are way better off spending more time in AK.

Personally I would knock out TT, Soarin, FEA in the morning and any other ride you want to do and you will be fine to leave by lunch.

For me either one of them could be half day parks, and the answer for me depends on whether you are doing the half day in the morning or evening. I like to do a half day at AK in the morning because it gets unbearably hot in the afternoons, and their evening spectacular is lame, and for the same reasons would not a do a half-day in the evening. But if you are wanting to do a half-day in the afternoon/evening, I would do Epcot because of the better evening entertainment, and availability of so many nice places to eat dinner.

I would skip Epcot. But we are not Epcot people to begin with and are done after my husband rides Soarin, and we do Nemo and Frozen if it's not too long a wait. I guess it depends on if you are more of an Epcot person than AK.
For us, AK has always been our favorite park, even before Pandora. We love the tropical atmosphere and something to do and see around every corner. The decorations in each section are amazing and we always see something we have not found before. It is not a zoo, far from it. The Festival of the Lion King is the best show in all of WDW, IMO. It is Broadway caliber and we never miss it.

That was definitely Epcot this most recent trip last week. Nothing new at all in future world, just banged out a few things via rope drop/fast passes (typical things like Soaring/Test Track, spaceship earth, living with the land, etc) and just did a quick stroll through the world showcase, and was done by mid day. (granted, this will all change once the new rides/areas are finished). How long you spend in Epcot these days IMO is mostly governed by how much you plan to tour the world showcase (our trip was more ride focused with my 7 year old daughter along, so we didn't really linger long in any country since that kind of bores her to death).

The Animal Kingdom is now a full day park, IMO. Plenty of attractions and reasons to stay for dinner/night shows.

Depends for me. Is there a festival at EPCOT? If so, cut AK short.
If no festival, cut EPCOT short.

Does the nighttime show factor into your decision? If this were my decision to make, I would go for Epcot. I like that nighttime show better than AK's.

Have a great trip!

for sure Epcot. Heck, most of it is under construction. for me AK is definitely a full day, but it's my favorite park. Most likely I would just do World Showcase in the mid to late afternoon and stay for the fireworks. No need for a full day right now. Now, once things open up definitely a full day park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter