Cutco = Budget Buster!

I'm afriad to ask - do you remember what you paid for it?

I just looked on their website and it looks like they are $118.

Once you have ordered from the company, you can get full access to the website and order directly from there.

Just let me know if you want me to look at any of the other prices.

My aunt gave us a Cutco set as a Christmas gift. I know it was over $1000, scary! We honestly use it every single day. The set is 10 years old already, and it looks brand new :).

Thanks ah1126! I told DH I was thinking if spending $118 on the pruner & he about fell over. He said let the boy do his demo, thank him, wish him well & send him on his way! I think I'm going to have to do that, I just feel so bad doing so. Now I'm uncomfortably nervous for the demo, knowing he won't make a sale from me. It's at 1:00 today.

I just realized I have 2 pieces - the Trimmer (like dis-happy posted the link to)& one of the paring knives. I guess someone gave them to me as a gift. They're brand new in a box & never used - I guess it's time to use them!

If you are positive you are not going to purchase anything from him, don't waste his time and let him do a presentation. He is thinking he will get a sale, even if it is small. Either purchase something from him, or tell him something came up and you cant make the presentation. I used to sell Partylite and it was awful dragging all of my stuff around, setting it up, presenting it, they want to smell all of the lovely candle scents, then have someone say they really don't have the money to spend right now. 1-hr+ wasted. They knew they weren't buying all along.

I would urge you to make some sort of purchase, no matter how small.

If you are positive you are not going to purchase anything from him, don't waste his time and let him do a presentation. He is thinking he will get a sale, even if it is small. Either purchase something from him, or tell him something came up and you cant make the presentation. I used to sell Partylite and it was awful dragging all of my stuff around, setting it up, presenting it, they want to smell all of the lovely candle scents, then have someone say they really don't have the money to spend right now. 1-hr+ wasted. They knew they weren't buying all along.

I would urge you to make some sort of purchase, no matter how small.

Cutco isn't likle Partyl;ite & other direct sales, he will get paid for the demo even if he makes no sale. I've had a few Cutco reps in our family over time, and they are quite used to getting no sales, it's the nature of the game with high-end items.

I say let him know up front you may not purcahse anything, but he is gaining great experience at his sales pitch (and possibly at getting rejected as well). Sales is a very hard busines to be in (esp door-to-door direct sales, in this day & age), and he will have to get used to the "no" people. Let him know you now have him as a Cutco rep if you need anything in the future, and will be happy to pass along his name to anyone else that is interested. Sometimes networking and getting your name out there can be just as successful as a sale. You're not wasting his time at all.

Good luck & let us know how it goes!!

Don't forget Cutco's lifetime sharpening. I sent in all my knives a few months ago, and they actually replaced most of them, and a couple of them they sharpened and returned. I paid about $15 in shipping for all my knives.

They will also replace cutting boards that have worn.

I got the bypass pruners! I knew it was a sign when I saw a friend this morning at the grocery store & I mentioned that I was havnig a Cutco demo done today, and she said "OMG you have to get the pruners, they are the best investment I ever made."

He did tell me that he gets paid per demo, whether he makes a sale or not, so that's good to know going forward.

He was really pushing the sets, which were $600+ even after I told him I was not interested. I finally had to tell him "look $125 is all the extra money I have right now to spend on this, it's just the pruners or nothing!" He was also insisting that I had to leave him at least 5-10 names & numbers of friends & family to contact to do demos, which I explained I wasn't comfortable doing, because I know how I hate getting those cold calls! He really kept pushing for that but I wouldn't do it. I know he gets his business from referrals but that's his job to find them, not mine. In this area & in this economy my friends, relatives & co-workers would be livid with me for giving them their names.

So we'll see how these pruners work!! Thanks for all the replies!

I have the cutco kitchen shears and they are far and away the best things I have ever had in my life. I've had them for 20 years.

I also have the set of sewing scissors (2 pairs) and I like them just as much although I dont use them as often.

I bought a set of Cutco knives last year, one of my son's friends had started selling them and she did a demo after the graduation party we had for DS. Maybe it's because I had a few to many drinks, but I was quite impressed when she used the shears to cut a penny in half.
I bought a small set of knives and got the shears for free, spent about $400-$450 and was able to make interest free payments to Cutco.
My brother in laws also bought a set.

After using the knives daily for the last year, we are still quite happy and impressed with the quality. In our 19 years of marriage we have gone through three different knife sets, ranging from cheap to fairly pricy and the Cutco far outshine even the priciest set we have owned.

I started purchasing Cutco knives and accessories at a local home show a few years ago. I love them! Plus they are made in the USA!! There was a TV show that detailed how the Cutco products are made - very interesting.

A couple of years ago I inherited two Cutco knives and fork sets. The sets were about 50 years old. I remember them hanging on the owner's kitchen wall :). The handles were quite worn and the blades were not sharp any more. When the sales rep came to my house to sharpen my (newer) knives, he wrapped all the inherited pieces as per Cutco's instructions. For about $9 I mailed them back to Cutco. WOW! The knives and forks look like new!

I use the kitchen shears almost daily for one thing or another. I love the cutting boards - I have all three. Most of the time I wash the knives and forks by hand, but once in awhile, I do put them in the dishwasher. The cutting boards go in the dishwasher most of the time.

The Cutco products cost more than other knives and forks, but they are so, so worth it.

One of my son's friends sold Cutco for a while.
He did a practice demo with us.
I wanted to buy at least one of the knives, but we had three kids in college so it was a no go.
But those knives are really nice and I would love to have some someday...

The poor kid cut his finger on one of the knives and it bled copiously.
They are sharp!

Yes, you do have to be careful with the knives. The first time my husband used ours he sliced into his finger tip.
And I almost sliced right through the palm of my hand trying to get an avocado pit out of the avocado. I no longer use that method of pit removal, I learned my lesson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter