Cypress Gardens

Cyndibear

I love my DVC's!!!!
Hi!

My DH and I will be going to WDW Sept. 8-22. We are driving down and thinking about going to Cypress Gardens. Anybody been? Is it worth seeing? Sounds like it is easy to get to from WDW area.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Cyndi

It is very easy to get to from the WDW area. It is a beautiful place. Someplace to stop and smell the flowers. If you like gardens you'll love it. They also have a nice water ski show, bird show, and a couple of other shows. It's been a few years since I've been there so some of the shows might have changed.

I grew up going to Cypress Gardens (in fact, my parents wound up retiring in Winter Haven). We've always found it to be a pleasant trip. For anyone who has a daughter 12 years old or younger, their Junior Southern Belle program is wonderful! Our daughter had a great time!

I haven't looked lately, but www.ibidusa.com sometimes has packages for CG on their auction site. You might try looking at that. I've never bought anything through them but have read mostly good reviews on these boards. You might do a search to decide for yourself.

there's a few photo's of it on my scrapbook website (http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/bevs97a/cypress.html) the scan isn't brilliant but you get the idea.

We had a lovely day there, the gardens are beautiful, they have a small zoo area with aligators and we saw a baby wallaby which was very cute.

What you might not know is they have opened a water park area - we are not talking wet n wild here - but it was great for my 3 year old, a lovely shallow pool to splash in and some gentle slides - they were building bigger one's which should be done by now. I thought I would mention this, as it was only by chance that we had dd's swimsuit with us, and she would have been disappointed if we hadn't.

we found it to be a lovely day, although not as relaxing as we had hoped, there is a fair bit of walking and it is quite hot so we were exhausted by the time we got home!

Bev

If we have a car the next time we go, I would love to go to Cypress Gardens. It's such a nice place and it's great to go there and unwind. Hopefully, it won't be so blazing hot because I can definitely see how that could wear a person out.

I rate CG a lovely change of pace and very refreshing after Orlando. Their botanical gardens boat tour wasn't working when I was there back in May because of the drought, but it might be up and running again now. Why not check www.cypressgardens.com for the latest details? They also have a new mini water-park there which is great for kids for an hour or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter