Cypress, GV, Horizon or Vistana - Help!

P

Poohboy

This will be our first time staying off Disney property and we're looking forward to it.

My question to all of you is where should we stay? My parents are coming along with us, so we'll need room for 7 (four adults, 3 children - 7,5,5).

I'm leaning towards Cypress, but I've read so many good things about Vistana. My kids are big swimmers and we do want to stay back at the hotel alot. We're only planning on going to Disney maybe two days, the rest SeaWorld and Universal.

What would you guys suggest?

Nancy

Having just researched some of this for an upcoming stay, I'll offer my .02!:) With the number of people in your party, you may be more comfortable with a 3 br accommodation. I don't know if you've had an opportunity to look at some of the room layouts, but Cypress Harbour is, I think, exclusively 2BR and I have heard the 2nd bedroom is small. The Grande Vista rooms are more versatile, and you can select either a 2 or 3BR. Don't know much about Horizons. Vistana I visited years ago when inlaws were staying there. It was in an older section and had lots of room! Depending on the time of year you are going, you might be able to get some great deals renting rooms directly from the resort or timeshare owners putting up their week for rent. For the latter, i would recommend checking out the classified section of the timeshare users group, or www.tug2.net.

We've decided to stay at the GV. With two young children, I don't need much more than a one-bedroom. I'm very excited about staying there and am looking forward to my stay.

Good luck with your decision!

Sharon

We will be staying at Horizon at the end of March. I posted on another board inquiring about it. The reply was very positive, so much so that the family is going back again. We are going with eight people (2 adults,3 teens and 3 nine and under) so the need for elbow room is a must. A big plus for me is the in room washer and dryer. The less I have to pack the happier I am!! You can see more on marriotts vacation club web site. Good luck!

Vistana Courts is the oldest section. The two bedroom upstairs unit also has a loft. I believe it sleeps 10. It would definitely serve you well. We've stayed at the Vistana twice (have 4 kids....) and just bought a unit of our own!! The place is beautiful and kid-friendly, which is important. (We've stayed at some places that have a "not seen and not heard" policy in place.....like pools that are only for people over 21) PLUS there's a w/d in every room. Not all t/s places have that! Good Luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter