Cypress Point Resort

poohmomof3

Mouseketeer
:thumbsup2

We just returned from 7 days at Cypress Point Resort and it was great! The two bedroom was plenty for the 5 of us, all the beds (even the sofa sleeper) were very comfortable. The room was remodeled and the kitchen well stocked with supplies. The screened in porch was great also. The grounds were very nice, and there was always a security guard walking around. Easy to get to all the parks as well. The pools/hot tubs were open from 7am to 11pm.

This place would be perfect for family reunions too.

I read on these boards before we left that you could walk to Downtown Disney from here. I'd say that is not true.

Glad you had a great time!! We have stayed there several times and have always enjoyed our condo. The location is great and the price through Hotelkingdom can't be beat!

Thanks for the report. I think DH and I will stay here for 2 nights in October. Always nice to hear it's still a good choice.

Thanks for the review! We will be staying @Cypress pointe resort next Wednesday and are really looking foward to it! I was just wondering, did you make any special requests and how accomodating were they to those requests? Also, did you call in advance to confirm your reservation? I booked thru Hotel Kingdom.

I did call the day before we left to confirm our reservation and to see if we could get early check-in. We were told to show up and if they had a room, we could have it or they'd tell us when to come back.

We had lunch and went there about 2:30 and they had a room. We felt it was too far from the pools after going to the room, so asked for a closer one and they did that with no problems!

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you had such a nice stay. This resort seems to get great reviews.

My son, daughter-in-law and their three year old DD; my sister and her DH; and my DH and I are planning to get ressies here from Hotelkingdom. We plan to get a three bedroom. I'm wondering about the third bedroom with the twin beds. Would someone explain that bedroom setup and the twin beds please. I have a feeling DH and I will get that room, which is okay with us, we would just like to know what to expect.
Thanks for the info!

We stayed in a 3 bedroom in December of last year. Someone on these boards called the third bedroom the 'servants quarters' and that pretty much sums it up!! Third bedroom is VERY small and although they call them twin beds, it's actually a trundle bed situation where you pull a smaller bed out from underneath which is only maybe a foot, foot and a half off the ground. You also couldn't watch tv in that bedroom. There WAS a tv in there, but it had either a built in VCR or DVD player and that was all it was good for. Due to the location of the third bedroom one of my sons couldn't even sleep in the room. He heard banging through the night that kept waking him up which we found out was people walking up and down the steps. He moved out to the couch in the living room in the middle of the night to get some sleep. All that being said, we LOVED the place and my husband and I are going back again this December, but this time staying in a 2 bedroom on the Grand Villa side.

I pulled up a picture of the grand villa bedroom with twin beds and it showed a picture of that bedroom with actual twin beds in it. The bedroom was still small. I wonder if the noise like your son experienced would be an issue in the grand villa twin bedroom. My DH couldn't handle that.

I stayed at Cypress Pointe for one night last week. It was lovely. Everything was clean and well appointed. Great staff and location. I booked through hotelkingdom and the price can't be beat.

This was much better than I-Drive or 192 as fas as location too. Very quick access to WDW.

From what I could tell on the cypresspointe.net site, CPGV has a "real" twin bedroom, while CP has a single twin plus a trundle.

DJT said:
I pulled up a picture of the grand villa bedroom with twin beds and it showed a picture of that bedroom with actual twin beds in it. The bedroom was still small. I wonder if the noise like your son experienced would be an issue in the grand villa twin bedroom. My DH couldn't handle that.

From everything that I have read, the third bedroom is not placed up against the outside wall where everyone walks in the grand villa's, so I don't think you would have the same noise issues. If there are two twin beds standing in the grands, then those rooms must be larger because when the trundle was pulled out in the villa that we stayed in, there was really no floor room left whatsoever. We are anxious to try the grand villa's this winter so we can compare the two for ourselves. On our last night we did have a lot of noise from the people in the villa above ours, so when we check in this December, we plan on asking for top floor accommodations.

I thought I'd ask for a top floor for us, too, in the Grand Villas since there are elevators.

I saw a picture of the twin room in the Grand Villas and it shows each bed against a wall and a night stand in between the two beds with a lamp on it.

One more question (at least for now). Do they have non-smoking rooms? We would need non-smoking because of my DGD's terrible allergies.

Thanks for all the info!

Donna

I was in a non-smoking room. It was very clean and no mold smell either.

We were put in a non smoking villa when we were there in December. The entire place was immaculate. I have read somewhere that ALL the rooms are supposed to be non smoking, but don't know if that is true or not. If you have not yet made your reservations, you can make a note that you want to be sure to get a non smoking unit because of allergies at the time of booking, plus mention it again when you check in.

Our family has stayed at Cypress Pointe Resort for most of our WDW trips and on our last stay we had a three bedroom. The third bedroom had it's own outside entrance, balcony, double bed, and large bathroom. The second bedroom had two twin beds with a nightstand in between.

DJT said:
Would someone explain that bedroom setup and the twin beds please.

Hello,

I am an owner at Cypress Pointe and also happen to be on the Board of Directors. I am glad to see all the positive comments regarding the resort. We have worked hard to create a resort that we can be proud of. I know less about the Cypress Pointe Grandevillas than I do about the original resort.

Cypress Pointe Resort has three bedrooms. There are two master bedrooms - one that exists as a lockout and the other as part of the master two bedroom suite. Each has a queen bed. The third bedroom was reconfigured in the last renovation. It has a twin bed with a trundle underneath. I have always referred to the room as the "kids room and defintiely not where I would put my Mother-in-Law". It is a small room but is equal to the task of a couple small children. It also has a chair in it and could be used by one adult comfortably. Finally, the couch in the living room has a pull out sofa.

I would recommend you to the web site for the resort. Unfortunately I cannot provide the URL to you but it is the name of the resort "CypressPointe" and ends with "net".

Chris

When I stayed at OKW this past May I ventured off site down Lake Buena Vista Drive to Chilis for take out. Is it in that area?

We stayed in a Cypress Pointe villa in September 2002 and liked it very much. Our DD was 4 at the time and stayed in the small bedroom. It worked fine for her. Noise wasn't an issue either, although September isn't a busy time for the area. The villas are located off of Apopka-Vineland Road, a little north of the Crossroads shopping center--very convenient to WDW.

MotherOf2Princesses said:
When I stayed at OKW this past May I ventured off site down Lake Buena Vista Drive to Chilis for take out. Is it in that area?

Lake Buena Vista is a fairly small area and you can easily get to Chilis but it is not one of the closer restaurants. It is near Giordanos and Joes Crab Shack.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter