D23 2024 expectations (Parks & Experiences)

Kinda given up for now since anything will be 2028 at the soonest, but Epic is filling that void very nicely.

However would like to see this back on track., probably be a quicker addition like 2027 if they start now.

RUMOR! TOWER OF TERROR BAR AND LOUNGE COMING TO STUDIOS​

14 April, 2016
Rumors have been swirling around the attraction with the haunted elevator. According to wdwnt.com, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will soon have a bar and lounge.
Another place to sell booze wouldn’t be surprising.

I heard on the WDWMagic forums that this is for putting in offices, not construction staging. I wouldn’t get too excited.
It’s likely offices for WDI for some major projects. Staging area still to come soon. I’ve heard the Dino land expansion will not be the last project they working on in AK. More should be announced at D23 I suspect.

It’s likely offices for WDI for some major projects. Staging area still to come soon. I’ve heard the Dino land expansion will not be the last project they working on in AK. More should be announced at D23 I suspect.
From what I heard, it could be for a different project. Otherwise, the offices would’ve been right next to DinoLand.

I actually don't want them to get rid of Dinoland, well, really, Dinosaur. I think the land could use some sprucing up and such, but I really like the dinosaur theme. If they could just add something back in the Primeval Whirl area, it'd be fine.

DCL

2 new ships and the timeline for the retirement of the Wonder and the Magic. I am sure they will announce a wonderful year of cruises to celebrate their retirement and legacy so they can charge extra bucks for those cruises

Disneyland

Some cool proposals that will eventually get cancelled when Disney and Anaheim get into a fight again

Disney World

They are going to announce a complete replacement for Dinoland, an expansion to Pandora and a new area behind Asia. Going to reannounce the redevelopment and permanent opening of the Main Street Bypass into Market Street again with a theatre. Going to finally announce a replacement for Stitch. And the two new lands that are going into the left side of MK. Also going to reannounce the Mary Poppins ride and a new country pavillion coming. The vast majority of this is going to get cancelled as the bean counters win fight after fight and we get left with a half-hearted replacement for Dinoland and a half-land behind BTMR.

Heck, the recent permits could most likely be related to a project to finally get rid of the godawful Dino-Rama as opposed to all of DinoLand.

I really think these should be what Disney announces for Animal Kingdom at D23:

• A west side expansion of the park, featuring a Lion King flume ride (per rumors), a different version of Tropical Americas (that features animal exhibits, a boat ride with live animals, a Brazilian steakhouse, the Encanto and Indiana Jones rides, the carousel, and a Yzma's Lab attraction), a "Way of Water" expansion of Pandora, and maybe, just maybe, a different version of Beastly Kingdom.
• Chester & Hester’s Dino-Rama is replaced with something different (but centered on prehistoric animals). The rest of DinoLand stays the same.
• Kali River Rapids and Maharajah Jungle Trek are replaced with Tiger Rapids Run, the same ride that was originally conceived during DAK's development. It would feature live animals and new animal exhibits/encounters for those who aren’t interested in riding TRR.
• Instead of replacing It’s Tough to Be A Bug!, the Zootopia show is either placed in a second theater underneath the Tree of Life, or is placed in a newly-built theater at Rafiki's Planet Watch.

I really think these should be what Disney announces for Animal Kingdom at D23:

• A west side expansion of the park, featuring a Lion King flume ride (per rumors), a different version of Tropical Americas (that features animal exhibits, a boat ride with live animals, a Brazilian steakhouse, the Encanto and Indiana Jones rides, the carousel, and a Yzma's Lab attraction), a "Way of Water" expansion of Pandora, and maybe, just maybe, a different version of Beastly Kingdom.
• Chester & Hester’s Dino-Rama is replaced with something different (but centered on prehistoric animals). The rest of DinoLand stays the same.
• Kali River Rapids and Maharajah Jungle Trek are replaced with Tiger Rapids Run, the same ride that was originally conceived during DAK's development. It would feature live animals and new animal exhibits/encounters for those who aren’t interested in riding TRR.
• Instead of replacing It’s Tough to Be A Bug!, the Zootopia show is either placed in a second theater underneath the Tree of Life, or is placed in a newly-built theater at Rafiki's Planet Watch.
I’m afraid to tell you I think the ship has sailed on Dinoland.

Anything is possible but there's no evidence. Meanwhile, they released videos of research trips to Latin America and of maquettes of the Tropical Americas concept art, which is evidence of moving forward with that project.
It's just that, from the concept art, Tropical Americas doesn't look satisfying and/or won't be great without animal exhibits and an animal trail. They COULD expand the land southeast to include an animal trail as part of the revamp, but the area east of the park is labeled as "unsuitable" and "conservation" on every CFTOD Comprehensive Plan!

It's just that, from the concept art, Tropical Americas doesn't look satisfying and/or won't be great without animal exhibits and an animal trail. They COULD expand the land southeast to include an animal trail as part of the revamp, but the area east of the park is labeled as "unsuitable" and "conservation" on every CFTOD Comprehensive Plan!
Oh. I hope they will find a way to include an animal trail to make this new land parallel with Asia and Africa. I think the concept art looks good but I had assumed there would be an animal trail as part of this expansion. I guess we'll see

Oh. I hope they will find a way to include an animal trail to make this new land parallel with Asia and Africa. I think the concept art looks good but I had assumed there would be an animal trail as part of this expansion. I guess we'll see
I was also hoping that if they did change their plans and built Tropical Americas as a west side expansion of the park, then there would be lots of space for a boat ride with live animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter