D23 Destination D 2016: Amazing Adventures - FULL AGENDA post 132 (pg7)

Unbelievable, depending on when you got in line at Mickey's of Glendale, waits of three plus hours to buy limited edition pins were not that uncommon. Many disappointed, not angry, guests. I empathize completely with them, but not much I could do except try to keep things light.

It was an hour at 6pm when I left. I'll take my chances I can find a moment during something i'm not interested in to get through it faster..

I can't believe I'm gonig to say this, but as bad as the limited merch on oct 1 was, this was slower and worse. It was an hour long line with about 1/8th of the people that oct 1 had in line.

I would love to see what was included in the vip wilderness gift bag. anyone have a picture?

I'd actually like to know what else was on the schedule for a wildly different ticket price? I made a comment to an exec tonight that I still have no clue what I would have gotten for $1300 more a ticket so how would I know I want that next time. Did it come with 1 of everything that had for sale?

I'd actually like to know what else was on the schedule for a wildly different ticket price? I made a comment to an exec tonight that I still have no clue what I would have gotten for $1300 more a ticket so how would I know I want that next time. Did it come with 1 of everything that had for sale?

Only difference in VIP gift bag was a Jungle Cruise print and a metal water bottle. Big things today were getting into MoG at 11 AM and the VIP event. First we met in our private lounge and had champagne and cupcakes (seriously) to kick off the new Ethan Allen furniture line. Then they bused us to DAK. We got brought in through the back, rode Kilimanjaro Safari, had a reception in Harambe with light snacks and a panel with three of DAK's execs, ate a three course meal at Tiffins, and got a private viewing of two of the Tree of Life awakenings. As we got onto the bus to leave, they gave us a Mickey coaster set from Ethan Allen.

The night was very nice, but nothing happened that I couldn't have done myself. No Rivers of Light preview, no Joe Rohde talks, no mention of Pandora. Again, a very nice night out, but nothing I'd deem "exclusive" unlike the last Destination D and Epcot 30.

Only difference in VIP gift bag was a Jungle Cruise print and a metal water bottle. Big things today were getting into MoG at 11 AM and the VIP event. First we met in our private lounge and had champagne and cupcakes (seriously) to kick off the new Ethan Allen furniture line. Then they bused us to DAK. We got brought in through the back, rode Kilimanjaro Safari, had a reception in Harambe with light snacks and a panel with three of DAK's execs, ate a three course meal at Tiffins, and got a private viewing of two of the Tree of Life awakenings. As we got onto the bus to leave, they gave us a Mickey coaster set from Ethan Allen.

The night was very nice, but nothing happened that I couldn't have done myself. No Rivers of Light preview, no Joe Rohde talks, no mention of Pandora. Again, a very nice night out, but nothing I'd deem "exclusive" unlike the last Destination D and Epcot 30.

I could see that being a nice night for someone flying in to see the event. I'm actually happy I didn't pay the extra but I do like empty parks and what the agenda was.. if it was just a little bit cheaper I would have gone vip.

I could not agree with you more. I went to the VIP event as well tonight. Everything we did tonight I did last May. I thought the last Destination D in 2014 VIP's got to eat dinner with Disney legends and got an up close and personal tour of the carousel progress. I hate to be like this but tonight was very disappointing. The only special thing was the reception with three Disney Executives. I feel like I paid a lot of extra money just to get early access for shopping and reserved seating for the presentations?! Don't get me wrong it was a nice night but not worth the extra $900 we spent for registration cost. To be honest I am not getting my hopes up that anything else special is going to happen for VIP's. The gifts are nice but that's not what makes these events special. Everyone got the new magicbands etc so it's not like there was a huge difference with that so far. I was excited to hear it was at Animal Kingdom but it ended up being more of a tease than anything. It was nothing more than a Safari, a Reception, and dinner at Tiffins. I really believe after tonight that nothing else will happen for VIP's. I just don't get what is so great about seeing things that have been around for six months or more. There is nothing special or exclusive about that. Just would have been neat to do something that you wouldn't be able to do normally but this was not the case tonight. I don't know if it's just me that feels this way. I am not upset. I am just disappointed.

Last edited:
I'm another disappointed Wilderness Explorer. Tonight was nice, but not magical! Sadly, this reflects on the current D23 management. The 2012 Destination D VIPs got a tour of the new and old Animation Building and to talk with the animators as well as a tour of the Disney Animation Research Library in Glendale. I was amazed that the three AK executives could talk for 30 minutes about the new changes at AK without once mentioning Rivers of Light or Pandora.

I also surprised that there has been no mention by the D23 executives on what to wear on the three nights of Destination D. I come from warm weather country, where it is still in the 80s during the days and high 60s during the evenings. I expect to come to Orlando and wear shorts and short sleeve shirts. There has been no indications that the evening activities are going to be outside or inside!

Hi Everyone. Heading down tomorrow for the event and wondering if there is still a Facebook group- the link mentioned earlier isn't working. Thanks!

Unbelievable, depending on when you got in line at Mickey's of Glendale, waits of three plus hours to buy limited edition pins were not that uncommon. Many disappointed, not angry, guests. I empathize completely with them, but not much I could do except try to keep things light.

This is not Mickey's of Glendale staff's first rodeo. There has to be a better way. And just as unbelievable, was the patience exhibited by just about everyone in line, amazing. It made staffs job a lot easier and fun considering the circumstances.
We waited 5 hours.

Anyone actually believe the special park event is mk? 2 hour something special you dont want to miss in the middle of a full park for approximately 1100 people????? the wording was too funny, i still say its ak, the only closed park and were seeing rol and maybe a ride in pandora.. i felt they were hinting that the rides is good to go, and the walkways into it sure look done with functional lighting.

We opened the MOG doors at 2 to let you in, so add 3 to 4 hours in the pin line, add that to your time in the staging hall and you'd have your 5 hours or so.

Did you talk to the CM managing the line? You didn't yell at him, did you? Just kidding, no one did. Made my job easy. Lots of nice people. I think I would have lost it if I were waiting that long in a line.

Haha no! I just kept whining how hungry I was the last hour :P

Anyone actually believe the special park event is mk? 2 hour something special you dont want to miss in the middle of a full park for approximately 1100 people????? the wording was too funny, i still say its ak, the only closed park and were seeing rol and maybe a ride in pandora.. i felt they were hinting that the rides is good to go, and the walkways into it sure look done with functional lighting.

What are you saying? Was there "info" shared about the special event that implied MK and being in the middle for something special?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter