D23 Destination D Nov2014

LindaOwl1

DIS Veteran
Anyone else going to the D23 Destination D in Nov? 11/22-11/23.

I will be doing first solo trip - no DH, no kids, no grandkids, etc .

I will be there the whole week before - looking for suggestions on what to do - I already have a couple of tours planned - AK & MK. I will just have been there for 2 weeks in Aug with family so I don't have to do a lot of rides in Nov.
Anyone know when the Christmas stuff starts? I am planning a MVMCP, based on the 7PM closings, but when do the hotels and parks start to decorate? Epcot Storytellers? Osborne Lights?

I'm going to D23 Destination D in November as well. And I will also be with the whole family, including grandkids, in August, I'm not planning on going to the Park by myself in November. This gives me a chance to visit the Harry Potter attractions at Universal since it's the slowest time of the year. I've already booked the hotel at Universal for right before D23. So my suggestion is that you may want to visit another Florida attraction (Cape Canaveral, Sea World, Universal, etc.) that you might not do with the rest of your family. I'm sure that I'll also be spending time getting other-than-Disney souvenirs for the family. Good luck and looking forward to this year's Destination D.

I just bought my ticket today...just beginning to plan my trip though.
LindaOwl1 - If I recall correctly Christmas decorations are up around Veteran's Day or so. The parks/hotels will definitely be in merry dress for this event. I did see that MVMCP is scheduled for the night of the 21st which I think I might attend. I've been before but it's been a few years. It might be a nice way to begin my trip!

So I have booked MVMCP for 11/16, the Steam Train Tour, Marceline to MK Tour, and Backstage Safari Tour. Then one day at Epcot just to wander around, shop, see entertainment, etc. Going to spend part of each day going to different resorts to see the decorations. Very excited about the '64 Worlds Fair part of the D23 presentations as I did go to that Fair! Already did my on-line check-in and made FP+s.
Not going to go off property though. Will not have a car and already have too many plans now!

Going solo to D23 Destination D. Will be going to MVMCP on the 21st - first time for that!! This trip will be just for the weekend. I will be going back with a friend in January for a week. Hope to see some of you at Destination D!

So I have booked MVMCP for 11/16, the Steam Train Tour, Marceline to MK Tour, and Backstage Safari Tour. Then one day at Epcot just to wander around, shop, see entertainment, etc. Going to spend part of each day going to different resorts to see the decorations. Very excited about the '64 Worlds Fair part of the D23 presentations as I did go to that Fair! Already did my on-line check-in and made FP+s.
Not going to go off property though. Will not have a car and already have too many plans now!

Oh my gosh that sounds crazily awesome! Jealous about all of those tours.

We're coming in on the 20th, doing MVMCP on 11/20 and staying through the 24th. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter