D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

Oh, you'll have tons of fun...just temper your expectations. You can't do it all and you'll have to make choices. Going in with that knowledge and an open mind will help! :earsboy:

Oh, you'll have tons of fun...just temper your expectations. You can't do it all and you'll have to make choices. Going in with that knowledge and an open mind will help! :earsboy:

Haha yeah :D My only expectation is to have a good time enjoying one of my fiance and my favorite things, Disney.

So I have a couple questions, if anyone is so inclined to answer :) I will be there Friday only and am trying to plan accordingly. I believe I saw there will be an early disney store opening at 9:00am and would like to attend but do I need a Gold membership? I only have a general.

Is there any way to be there for the 9:00am opening for 20 minutes then get in line for the 10:00 am legends ceremony? I wonder at what point that line will be full?

If I get a store pass for later in the day will things be sold out or do they occasionally replenish some of their limited items?

Thanks so much!

So I have a couple questions, if anyone is so inclined to answer :) I will be there Friday only and am trying to plan accordingly. I believe I saw there will be an early disney store opening at 9:00am and would like to attend but do I need a Gold membership? I only have a general.

Is there any way to be there for the 9:00am opening for 20 minutes then get in line for the 10:00 am legends ceremony? I wonder at what point that line will be full?

If I get a store pass for later in the day will things be sold out or do they occasionally replenish some of their limited items?

Thanks so much!

In order to get onto the floor/into the stores before 10am, you will need a Gold Membership. The doors open for general members at 10am.

As far as the Legends ceremony, you will have to be in line hours and hours before hand. People are being allowed to line up from 10pm the evening before inside Hall E, so there is no chance you'll be able to get in line at 9:30am and get in the Legends presentation. You'd probably have to be in line sometime before 5am, but that's just an estimate.

Yikes. Well I really wanted to go to the legends event but I have to drive 6 hours to the expo the morning of! :)

What time does the line start for the stores, ie. Mickeys of Glendale, Dreamstore and Disney store? If I purchase a gold membership and get in at 9:00 am, will there already be a line for the stores? Do they all open at 10:00? Aside from the 9:00am disney store event?

Thanks!

I watched a very informative podcast the other day describing predictions about the Expo. He was practically begging people not to do the overnight line up. He said to watch Twitter for updates about the line.

I really would like to go for it and stay overnight, but I doubt I have the stamina after visiting the parks for several days before the Expo. Probably should have scheduled the Expo first, but I thought the park crowds would be exploding come Monday with the lifting of blackouts.

I see now why a socrerer pkg is a good value. Might have to try for a couple in 2017 and leave the kids at home. ;)

Starting to feel the pressure to please my daughters this go around though. The Saturday morning panels was at the top of their list, second was OUAT, then the Broadway panel. First two look like long shots now. :(

I watched a very informative podcast the other day describing predictions about the Expo. He was practically begging people not to do the overnight line up. He said to watch Twitter for updates about the line.

I really would like to go for it and stay overnight, but I doubt I have the stamina after visiting the parks for several days before the Expo. Probably should have scheduled the Expo first, but I thought the park crowds would be exploding come Monday with the lifting of blackouts.

I see now why a socrerer pkg is a good value. Might have to try for a couple in 2017 and leave the kids at home. ;)

Starting to feel the pressure to please my daughters this go around though. The Saturday morning panels was at the top of their list, second was OUAT, then the Broadway panel. First two look like long shots now. :(

I doubt the majority of people will be doing overnight line up. It's just not that kind of convention (ie SDCC). My guess is the lines will really start to fill up around 5-6am. I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to make the OUAT panel if you're willing to wait in line for a while. It's at 6:00 at night, so there won't be any overnight waiting for that. I spoke to someone who said that the previous years, as long as you got into line an hour or so ahead of time you would make it inside. I don't see this year being any different except for the most popular morning panels on Friday and Saturday. Good luck! I'm getting excited and a little nervous!

I doubt the majority of people will be doing overnight line up. It's just not that kind of convention (ie SDCC). My guess is the lines will really start to fill up around 5-6am. I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to make the OUAT panel if you're willing to wait in line for a while. It's at 6:00 at night, so there won't be any overnight waiting for that. I spoke to someone who said that the previous years, as long as you got into line an hour or so ahead of time you would make it inside. I don't see this year being any different except for the most popular morning panels on Friday and Saturday. Good luck! I'm getting excited and a little nervous!

To be honest, the thought of SDCC's infamous Hall H is what worries me about getting there early. Although I'm also fairly sure I'm being ridiculous, and could probably get there a few hours early and be OK haha.

Well, SDCC was just a few weeks ago and I'm too old for camping in lines twice in one month. :) We're taking advantage of our hotel room and will show up early-ish morning and see what happens. I'm not sleeping in the lobby of the convention center. Last time, we got there around 6 and got in to Legends, Live Action Films, and Theme Parks so I'll take my chances. I really don't think the majority of people are going to camp and the hall is much bigger than it was in the past. It's the smaller rooms that required longer waiting and some of those we used the Pass for and got in with a minimal wait in the Pass line.

Just decided that I'm going for one day (Fri). Did the first and second expo but nothing since. Now I guess I have to do some quick planning. Can someone explain the "fast pass" thing? Dind't they have that last expo? I am sure there will be a LONG line just to get the fast pass. Any suggestions would be great.

Just decided that I'm going for one day (Fri). Did the first and second expo but nothing since. Now I guess I have to do some quick planning. Can someone explain the "fast pass" thing? Dind't they have that last expo? I am sure there will be a LONG line just to get the fast pass. Any suggestions would be great.

Back by popular demand, a limited number of StagePass tickets are available, at no additional charge, to guarantee seating at select sessions in Stage 23 and Stage 28.

Ticket Distribution Hours
Please note StagePass is not available for sessions starting prior to 11:00 a.m. (To attend sessions that begin before 11:00 a.m., please proceed directly to Stage 23 or Stage 28).

For sessions starting from 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., StagePass is available starting at 9:00 a.m. (until ticket inventory is depleted).

For sessions starting at 3:00 p.m. or later, StagePass is available starting at 12:30 p.m. (until ticket inventory is depleted).

How it Works
1. Visit our StagePass ticket distribution area, located in Hall A on the show floor, during normal operating show floor hours.

2. Choose which show you wish to attend.

3. Present your D23 EXPO ticket to receive a StagePass ticket for the show you’ve selected.

4. You are limited to one StagePass ticket for one session that starts between 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. You are welcome to return to the distribution line after 12:30 p.m. to receive one StagePass ticket for one later session. You may get StagePass tickets for your entire party, as long as you have a D23 EXPO ticket for each StagePass ticket requested for that day, while inventory lasts.

5. Arrive at Stage 23 or Stage 28 at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session, with your StagePass ticket, to guarantee your seat. If you do not arrive by this time, a standby guest will fill your seat.

NOTE: Stage 23 and Stage 28 are general admission seating only, filled on a first-come, first-served basis. StagePass tickets are not assigned to a specific seat. StagePass tickets are not available for Hall D23 sessions, or for presentations scheduled prior to 11:00 a.m. in Stage 23 and Stage 28.

With all these questions - are the Expos well staffed with cast members or people to answer questions? I am so worried about not getting in the right line for something/not being able to find something. I hope there are people to answer questions if I have some..?

With all these questions - are the Expos well staffed with cast members or people to answer questions? I am so worried about not getting in the right line for something/not being able to find something. I hope there are people to answer questions if I have some..?

I've heard it's a bit spotty. I was reading a site's trip reports from 2011 and 2013 and it seemed like there were distinct levels of workers (some might be CMs) and each level had varying levels of knowledge.

http://disneytravelbabble.com/blog/2013/08/15/d23-expo-2013-third-times-a-charm/

There will definitely be people there for questions, I believe there will be external staff and I know there will be Disneyland Cast Members there for crowd control and that sort of thing

This is my first D23 and I have a few questions...

I ordered my 3-day pass a few days ago so I will have to pick up my tickets at will call. Do you think there will be a long line for that? Will call opens at 7AM - should I arrive early? Also, I purchased tickets for my friends for Saturday - will I be able to pick up their tickets on Friday along with mine?

I am also primarily interested in the Tsum Tsum release. Is that more than likely going to be released in the Store?

This is my first D23 and I have a few questions...

I ordered my 3-day pass a few days ago so I will have to pick up my tickets at will call. Do you think there will be a long line for that? Will call opens at 7AM - should I arrive early? Also, I purchased tickets for my friends for Saturday - will I be able to pick up their tickets on Friday along with mine?

I am also primarily interested in the Tsum Tsum release. Is that more than likely going to be released in the Store?

This will be my first Expo, so I can't speak to the lines, but I do know that Will Call is open Thursday 8am-8pm, if you're in the area. I've got to imagine that the line will be much shorter than it will be on Friday.

I've read LurkyLoo's trip reports and generally what she's said is true - there are levels of staff. Generally, anyone in a plain tee-shirt (in 2013, red) were the least helpful. Someone with a Disney name badge (not Expo credentials, an actual Disney name badge), more helpful. Someone wearing a suit with a Disney name badge was generally the most knowledgeable.

In 2011 we arrived just at opening and encountered a mass of humanity. We stopped a Disney Cast Member with a name badge, suit and radio and just asked where we were supposed to be. She literally walked us through the throngs and into the Convention Center because I was a member and could get in at that point. So I generally look to company staff for answers...and if someone sounds off, asking someone else. :rotfl:

Since this is my first expo I was wondering, I have my tickets but they're kind of large. Is there some sort of lanyard/holder they hand out or I can buy?

You'll get a holder when you go to the floor the first time, they hand them out at the door as they check your tickets and give you a program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter