D23 Expo 2019 (First page with major info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play is in Wonders of Life.
Ah, ok. I wasn't watching any stream, just reading the downlow on the blog, and they have World Nature coloring in the entire side where Imagination, Land, and Seas currently are, but says:
  • World Nature is dedicated to understanding and preserving the beauty, awe and balance of the natural world. It will include The Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends pavilions.
So I didn't know if they were going to just scrap Imagination and throw something else in there or what.

My late-Feb 2020 birthday trip is getting more and more stressful without knowing when certain rides/restaurants/etc will be open. It’s harder to plan when you don’t have specifics :faint:

Maybe that is how this new Genie thing will help - will magically know what will open or not - are at least cast a spell on you so that you don't stress about it

I admit I didn’t look into whatever this Genie thing is but if it has anything to do with planning and their systems I am SO GLAD we miss it. I’ll stick with the enemy I know. Shout out to MDE!

@StarGirl11 so question what makes you think they won't announce it at the next d23? most of these announcements for Epcot at least are for next year maybe I just want more countries open? :)

Anyone else think this will be a paid, touring plan tool? Anyone else hoping it's a paid, touring plan tool, so fastpass+ and ADR availability will not change much? 🤣
I think it will be free but I also think this will make people do ADRs by accident.
EDIT I didn't notice the sarcastic smile at the end :)

Wow, this was vague when it comes to WDW. It looks like a lot is happening elsewhere at least.

I warned of this yesterday for anyone thinking of a big announcement for WDW. Between all the major expansions to other parks and all new stuff at WDW with TSL, Epcot additions, SWGE, Tron and gondolas I wasnt expecting much new to be announced.

First actual US news of the day!

There are other parks outside of the US which many fans choose to visit. It’s not always about WDW or DL!

Reinforcing they want to brainwash you to pay $100-$200-$300 for a very bland circus show that has Disney Characters.

I like Cirque shows so I’m excited. Can understand why people don’t but some people, myself included, will be looking forward to this. I’m so excited Eric is involved!

We know you will love food from the company who owns the worst restaurants in world showcase.... lol

Haha we said this too. Glad we aren’t the only ones who thing this, Via Napoli is so overhyped. We were really disappointed!

Where is Brazil?

Personally I’m not surprised, I never thought it was going to happen. I think it’s another thing that DisTwitter hyped up with no real substance. I will be very surprised if we get a new country before Epcot’s 50th.

To me Disney Genie sounds like the Disney version of Touring Plans.

Haha, this is what I was saying! I bet those folks aren’t very happy right now. It sound exactly like TP!

Just saying this then abandoning ship: am I the only one who has the impression that today was just to show what the parks would be like for the fiftieth and then nothing beyond just to focus on that part? Like thinking back on it, assuming construction and all everything announced this weekend could/will be done by the fiftieth and that was the focus of the world announcements

Magic Kingdom’s 50th is the next time everyone’s eyes will be on WDW after SWGE opens there next Friday. I can understand why are they focusing on it now, especially since at the next D23 Expo the 50th would like only be 6ish weeks away.

While it *was* a lot of info for WDW, it was all rather vague wrapped in a lot of hype. I loved the announcement for the Mary Poppins attraction—Step in Time, Dick Van Dyke—and then that’s it. No details whatsoever. 🤷‍♀️

Of course they are vague. If we don’t know what was originally planned, we won’t know how much they cut back on by the time it’s actually opened. We all know things never end up like they were originally announced.

Wow, I hardly know where to begin! Sorry for a super long post coming up!

So so excited for ROTR. The footage looked amazing. We are at WDW for the opening and then until the 14th December and as we are staying at Yacht Club and can walk there we already thinking of starting every day at HS to try and ride it. Yes it will take up most of our time but I want to see every detail on this ride!

Not surprised about no new countries for Epcot. Think that is something the fandom has whipped up with no real substance. I don’t think we will see new countries in Epcot until it’s 50th. Mary Poppins is one of my favourites and I’ve refused to watch the new film. I’m part excited for the attraction but don’t want to be at the same time because it till be all focused on the new film. I hope the UK pavilion is getting an expansion and not just changing the one side of it to Cherry Tree Lane. I want to be excited as if you had told 10 year old me I would one day walk on Cherry Tree Lane I would have been wowed. So perhaps I should just embrace it. I knew there was going to be an attraction announced in the UK pavilion, it was the only poster unveiled with characters on it!

Not sure about Genie planning. Not sure why it has to have that name and I think I would spend time battling with it as I want to plan my own things. I don’t need an algorithm to tell me where to go as they will never know what we really want to do. Interesting to hear him say it will look for ADR’s and FP’s on the day for you - all my favourites get booked up at 180!

Disney Wish! I’m so excited for this and Lighthouse Point. Joe Rhode will have this sorted, so happy he is involved. I thought one of the names would be Wish. Will definitely be on the Inaugural cruise and I’m really looking forward to LP, it looks so natural and beautiful. And Rapunzel looked amazing!

Harmonious at Epcot sounded great. Real natural song. I’m not a massive fan but had to admit all the campus stuff looks great, the Spider-Man attraction looked cool with the spider bots! The parade floats for DL’s Magic Happens looked awesome, not too sure about the song though.

Epcot’s new neighbourhoods look fantastic and I love the new logo. Made me laugh when Bob pointed out that new 3 level plaza saying you could see the fireworks from there, my husband and I turned to each other and said for an upcharge in unison.

The 50th logo for MK looks great. Not sure about them celebrating it across the 4 parks, that seems disjointed. Would have been nice to see more on Paris now it is fully Disney owned as the studios there need so much love and attention. Not visiting again until that all changes as it really is a one park only. The studios simply don’t count, it’s not even a half day park.

Lots to look forward too!

I haven't seen the Genie details, but it sounds like something they could use to get people to pay for things that are currently included... Like, say, fast passes.

Am I way off?

Probably not with the way some things are going. Paying to get extra things is going to keep ramping up as people do pay for them! And I include myself in that, it’s not a dig at anyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter