D23 Expo 2019 (First page with major info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the Genie details, but it sounds like something they could use to get people to pay for things that are currently included... Like, say, fast passes.

Am I way off?
That's what I think. Along with the rumors around, it makes sense to package it this way to appear you're paying for a service, not fastpasses themselves. But essentially we'll be paying for fastpasses.

Thoughts: Darn! No Ratatouille ride for our trip. I know there was a teeny slim chance anyways. XD Okay... so really I just wanted Ride merch. I cannot help the rat love. Love all the rats!
Afraid of Spaceship Earth refurb... mostly because it's my hubs fave ride and it might be down when we go. ROTR looks boss!!! Cannot wait! Space 220 looks awesome IF I can get an ADR... then again I don't even know at this point if it will be normal TS or signature. YES for Target! Only place I shop anyways! Yes to all the Epcot goodies! Yes to all the Marvel DL stuff! Time for my first ever DL trip soon perhaps... Thank you guys for all the great news!!!

Also makes me wonder: if they don't add countries as part of the "biggest park overallhaul ever" when will they?
2000-never.

Kinda disappointed! They didn’t wow me with any WDW announcements. Walt Statue is probably the best announcement. Mary Poppins can be cool but not enough details to know yet. Pretty much sounds like they are going to rip apart Epcot just to get it up to date.

More thoughts - sorry!

Love the Walt statue in Epcot. If anyone wants me, I will be found there!

Not sure about this Reflections resort and the PATF restaurant there. Surely better themed elsewhere but happy to wait for further details.

Star Wars hotel, wow! I really want to stay there. Looks so so immersive and nothing I’ve seen before. Better start saving!

Loved the logo, concept art and reverse launch news about GOTG cosmic rewind. Just need to accept that it’s in Epcot and this is the future of where the parks are going. Wasn’t happy with Zack Ridley basically saying that he loved the parks as a kid but understood they needed to change. Need to listen to his speech again. Almost like he was bought on by Chapek to vouch for the IP changes - hey if this kid visitor turned imagineer can get behind it, you should too! Eurgh.

Would have liked more news from Tokyo as well, considering the BATB expansion is due to open Spring. Also wanted a date re the new Hong Kong castle, which looked amazing, as we are waiting on this before planning our next trip East.

Disney Parks Blog has a blurb about Lighthouse Point:

Construction at Lighthouse Point will begin only after an Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Management Plan are reviewed and accepted by the Government of The Bahamas and public consultation has occurred. Construction could begin in 2020 with completion in late 2022 or 2023.

I wonder if the new ships will share CC or could mean the rumours re the older ships going to Asia or other destinations is true.

This may have been discussed as I had a hard time keeping up here when the live streams were up. Disney Genie. So is this trying to move in on TP’s business? To me it seemed like TP with better graphics.

This may have been discussed as I had a hard time keeping up here when the live streams were up. Disney Genie. So is this trying to move in on TP’s business? To me it seemed like TP with better graphics.
Thats what it seemed to me as well. Seems to create more personal plans for guests.

Thats what it seemed to me as well. Seems to create more personal plans for guests.
Worries me a little (aside from taking TPs business). Are all the open FPs going to get gobbled up instantly by constantly searching apps that get to have a swipe at any open FPs before someone just naturally looking for one can have it? Are the days of drop times going to be long gone unless you're waiting in the Genie queue?

Worries me a little (aside from taking TPs business). Are all the open FPs going to get gobbled up instantly by constantly searching apps that get to have a swipe at any open FPs before someone just naturally looking for one can have it? Are the days of drop times going to be long gone unless you're waiting in the Genie queue?
We aren't really sure just how all of it will work just yet. I think refreshing and finding FPs will still be an option.

Yeah, and I would think using algorithms to propose plans/changes

Like if you want to do Splash, BTMRR and Space it will help set it up so you aren't criss-crossing the park

Also, hopefully it can like autocheck for FPs .... So if none available for 7DMT it will notify you if any become available

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter