D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know right now is overlap still, but any word on exit/entrance points? Designated exit? Did group 2 entrr the same frontier land as group 1?

Thanks for the info. I will be the only one going, so the tickets aren't for a 2nd or 3rd person. I just had to buy 3 individual 1-day tickets since the 3-day package was sold out. It seems kind of silly that gold members can't get the benefit for each day they buy for themselves.

Oh I see. Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. Again, it depends. Sometimes showing your card is enough (it was to get into a gold member panel line 2 years ago), sometimes it needs to be on the actual ticket.

Yes, I agree that is silly.

I know right now is overlap still, but any word on exit/entrance points? Designated exit? Did group 2 entrr the same frontier land as group 1?
So the 8am group comes in the main entrance off the trail. Every other group is going to be entering off of hungry bear and the trail is the exit.

I would call Guest Relations in order to get a definitive answer. They should hopefully have that information since they know people will be arriving early.

I called guest relations about my wheelchair rental question this AM. They had just gotten information, but did not have the exact answer since today was different. She told me to try back early next week after a few days of how it will go normally. So planning to call back Wednesday to find out what time wheelchair rentals will open. If anyone walks by in the next few days, will you note if it was open and at what time? Seems crazy that it may not open until 7 AM when we can get in starting at 6 with our reservation to get the wrist band,

For those there....are there any kind of restrictions with strollers??? Are they being allowed in the stores/cantina specifically?

So the 8am group comes in the main entrance off the trail. Every other group is going to be entering off of hungry bear and the trail is the exit.
For those there....are there any kind of restrictions with strollers??? Are they being allowed in the stores/cantina specifically?
For clarity, we have never been to DL, and we have 8 am time for our visit; and I have referred to the entrances as Fantasyland, frontierland, and Critter. Similarly, we have a stroller, but we were thinking of leaving it outside SWGE, and then picking it up again as we exit. So, group 1 went in via Frontier land and was required to exit via critter Country? If that's the case, we might be best advised to bring the stroller into SWGE, park it there and then just get it where we parked it inside SWGE and then exit via Critter, yes? Would hate to park it in Frontierland, exit at Critter, then go all the way around Rivers of America to get our stroller back, especially with why we have it to begin with.

This may have been reported earlier in this thread, but Saturday is completely sold out now - both Gold members and regular tickets. I gather that's not unexpected, right?

For clarity, we have never been to DL, and we have 8 am time for our visit; and I have referred to the entrances as Fantasyland, frontierland, and Critter. Similarly, we have a stroller, but we were thinking of leaving it outside SWGE, and then picking it up again as we exit. So, group 1 went in via Frontier land and was required to exit via critter Country? If that's the case, we might be best advised to bring the stroller into SWGE, park it there and then just get it where we parked it inside SWGE and then exit via Critter, yes? Would hate to park it in Frontierland, exit at Critter, then go all the way around Rivers of America to get our stroller back, especially with why we have it to begin with.
No exit is via Frontierland and fantasyland. Critter country will be entrance for groups 2 on.

A friend is at SWL now and tells me that maps are limited to one per guest. Hopefully that changes by Sunday... or at least in the near future. I suspect that if there were no limit on day one, many of them would end up on eBay. So I don't mind the limit. Someone I know works at the DL ticket booth. She says that guests often get day-one merch and then offer it for sale on eBay (usually at twice the actual price, which is why much of it goes so quickly). If Disney can track down who's selling it and they're AP holders, their passes will be revoked. In fact, it's relatively common. Crazy things happen there all the time.

Last edited:
But for group 1, entrance was frontierland and exit was also frontierland or Fantasyland?
Yes and no. If you didn’t enter at the very beginning of the time slot, like after 8:15 they were supposedly sending you down to critter country.

Yes and no. If you didn’t enter at the very beginning of the time slot, like after 8:15 they were supposedly sending you down to critter country.
Ok. We shall see in the coming days how that continues. Starting group 1 in Black Spire works fine, but then all the next groups entering the long way, they could at least spread out a little bit in marketplace, to falcon, or down to the other side. If all the groups entered the same way (with very little actually at resistance side), it would instantly backlog everything. So, that makes sense. I was just hoping that we in group 1 could choose to exit via Critter since there already would have been an hour's worth if Group 2 already entered. Our plan was to do SWGE, then exit via Critter, and actually do CC, NOSq, etc on our way back through to the rest of DL proper. Would be annoying to have to go back thru FL, then do that Western wing, and have to turn back around....but I suppose that's how everyone else has always done it anyway, with CC as a dead end stop point.

The 11am period did enter the same entrance we did at 8. However when they were coming in, a CM was stopping people going down the stairs towards the Falcon from Docking Bay 7. He wasn’t curt at all he just said it would be easier for travellers to go that way towards Spaceport.

A friend is at SWL now and tells me that maps are limited to one per guest. Hopefully that changes by Sunday... or at least in the near future. I suspect that if there were no limit on day one, many of them would end up on eBay. So I don't mind the limit. Someone I know works at the DL ticket booth. She says that guests often get day-one merch and then offer it for sale it on eBay (usually at twice the actual price, which is why much of it goes so quickly). If Disney can track down who's selling it and they're AP holders, their passes will be revoked. In fact, it's relatively common. Crazy things happen there all the time.
They’re special maps printed on heavy paper with shiny sections. I can see why they want to keep people from grabbing a handful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter