D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been watching SWGE videos all day and I have one ? I can’t find the answer to: since everything is purposely themed ‘dirty’ looking, what do the bathrooms look like on the inside? Did they find a way to keep with the theme but have it look clean or does the theming end at the door?
Someone reported on this the other day. They said bathrooms were a little too well themed with rust, etc.

we have been looking for pricing details on robes. So far no one has posted any. Hope everyone is having a blast today
Jade, the above person linked to Black Spire Outfitters; they show "high end Jedi robes for $125". Don't know if that's what you had in mind. :)

All checked in for our 8pm reservation. We waited about 5-10 minutes in line to check in. We checked in around 6:30.
I can’t recall Dina, is this your second reservation today? If so, was there any trouble with having a second reservation? Maybe you didn’t go to SWGE this morning;I may have gotten mixed up with all the rapid fire posts this morning!!

any stories about Disney magic? My wife rushed her first reservation and only put her name. Wondering if we showed up tomorrow if they would do Disney magic and waive us through. Or be like. Thou shall not pass

Thank you for sharing your experience! Did you happen to notice how long the line for the Cantina was before they let in the 11am group? We’re staying onsite so will get my reservation time hopefully tomorrow but they told me it will most likely be 11am. I’m worried by the time we get there the lines will still be long with the people still there from the 8am group.
They actually stop letting people line up for Oga’s with 8am reservations around 10a to 10:15a so when the 11am reservation group comes in there is little to no wait. I recommend doing Oga’s first then smugglers run later. After 1pm smugglers only had 1/2 hour wait and imagine Oga’s had much longer wait.

Hi I have a question regarding Gold Family account.

The back of the card says it expires on 08/2019, but the website says it expires on 09/01/2019. Will I have trouble at the convention using it? Should I contact d23 membership services about this?

I would contact them just in case. It would really suck to have to deal with trying to get your tickets instead of doing other stuff. My D23 card was set to expire in November. I was going to Destination D then and needed a valid membership card. I got an email about my renewal, but it looked like the card wouldn't arrive until I had already left. I contacted D23, and they sent me an email that I could use to prove that my membership was valid. However, when I showed up to get my package, they just looked quickly at the card and name and didn't say anything. YMMV though. I would just rather waste time now via email than while trying to register at the convention.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Did you happen to notice how long the line for the Cantina was before they let in the 11am group? We’re staying onsite so will get my reservation time hopefully tomorrow but they told me it will most likely be 11am. I’m worried by the time we get there the lines will still be long with the people still there from the 8am group.
I didn’t see it, but I know they cut the line off pretty early so that it would be close to clear for the next group by the time they arrived. I think it’s the same with Savi’s. Have a great time!

any stories about Disney magic? My wife rushed her first reservation and only put her name. Wondering if we showed up tomorrow if they would do Disney magic and waive us through. Or be like. Thou shall not pass

Several people here reported they were able to call in and add one person to a single person reservation, but that was only a few days after the reservation was made. You may want to try calling in and see if they'll still do that before tomorrow.

I can’t recall Dina, is this your second reservation today? If so, was there any trouble with having a second reservation? Maybe you didn’t go to SWGE this morning;I may have gotten mixed up with all the rapid fire posts this morning!!
Yes and no issues at all. But our morning reservation was linked to a hotel stay.

For upcoming 8 am reservations, I would hope to hear that we can choose to head either into the First Order area OR to Savi/Droid Depot. The line of imagineers welcoming today's group obviously could only work if it funneled the group in one direction only. They turned the group to the right, whereas hopefully, beginning tomorrow, guests can either go right OR left first thing.

We asked about the line to get into the cantina at 10am and were told it had shut for our reservation period. We were within the first 700 people into the land and were told the line had closed. It needs working on I think from what I’ve seen today.

They actually stop letting people line up for Oga’s with 8am reservations around 10a to 10:15a so when the 11am reservation group comes in there is little to no wait. I recommend doing Oga’s first then smugglers run later. After 1pm smugglers only had 1/2 hour wait and imagine Oga’s had much longer wait.

I didn’t see it, but I know they cut the line off pretty early so that it would be close to clear for the next group by the time they arrived. I think it’s the same with Savi’s. Have a great time!

This great to know. Thank you both so much!

The land and overall theming are outstanding. The interactivity and overall experience of Falcon: Smugglers Run was an easy D Ticket attraction. The only thing keeping it away from being an E Ticket is that your experience is greatly enhanced if you have a good group of people working together. My group of friends and family went twice and the second run was much better and seemed to last longer than the first experience. Mostly due to us knowing what to expect.

The only issue that we ran into is that we were told an hour before our reservation expired that we couldn't get in line for the Cantina (probably a 10 minute wait based on what they told me earlier when the line was longer), Lightsaber Experience (didn't know I would need a reservation), or Re-ride Smugglers Run (Showing a 10 minute wait and 5 minutes before the next wave of guests came in). Well that made the end of our experience a horrible one. We already ate and we already shopped. Why turn me away when there is an hour left. A bit easier for me since I have an AP (hurts that paid for the one night at the hotel), but cannot imagine how disappointing it would be if this was my one and only visiting opportunity.

What we did on 5/31
Had Reservation from 5pm-9pm
- Arrived at the entry tunnel at 430pm
- Walked through the shopping area and ate at Docking Bay 7 first (dinner time)
- Walked through the other parts of the land, grabbed a blue milk by the falcon. No Wait
- Waited 45 minutes for first Falcon ride
- Went by Catina but line was long, went to the shopping area to explore, bought the popcorn and a coke
- Went the the Hammerhead store
- Checked out Catina again but line was long, decided to go try Falcon again and got on. Walked right into the first pre-show.
- At about 745 went over to the Cantina to only be told that I couldn't get in line, even though the line was less than half of what it was before
- Went to the Lightsaber area and got turned away there, was told to go to Falcon again.
- Went to Falcon at 8pm only to be told that I couldn't ride again.
- Left at 805 disappointed with that final experience.

With that experience, here is my recommended strategy.

Arrive 30 minute early of the start time of your reservation. When the rope drops, the majority of the guests will be headed to the Cantina of Smugglers Run.
- Go to the Cantina First. Cantina is constantly busy but the line for Smugglers Run will dwindle as the time goes on.
- After the Cantina, make a reservation for the Lightsaber Experience. I didn't realize I would need one, so do that second
- Now ride Smugglers Run. They may tell you that you can only ride once but if the wait time is walk on they will let you go again. You can also try for the Single Rider Line
- Save the Shopping and Eating for the last hour as that is the only thing I was allowed to do for that last hour of my reservation.

ME

Last edited:
:chewy:Question. What do the gunners and engineers do in the back in the millenium falcon?
the pilots fly and the ship reacts, like playing a game, what do the others do? see from afar and press some button?:chewy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter