D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news from today on how they are handling the Oga's Cantina crowd? I saw that over the weekend they started to take names/phone numbers, but wondering if this was working and is still the case. How long have people been waiting to get in?

We waited an hour during our reservation period last night. This was after DW gave a CM her name and a phone # to text us when we could line up for the Cantina.

After you get the text, you only have 15 minutes to get into the line before your "reservation" for the Cantina is cancelled. Good news is that you only wait another 15 minutes or so in that line before you can go in.

LOVE the Blue Bantha. Coughed up the Carbon Freeze...lol. Left with a bit of a buzz. What an amazing place!

I have an AP that is blocked on Friday/Sat/Sundays.

If I were to pull the trigger on a resort hotel reservation for a Thursday night, what do you suppose the chances are that I would get a reservation for a Thursday, when I COULD go, as opposed to the following day Friday, when I cannot go?
I was able to change my Galaxy’s Edge reservation to my check in day. We were given an 8am-12pm reservation the day after check in but we already had a free reservation for that time. I called the phone number on the email they sent and if there is availability they will change your date and time slot. We moved ours to 5pm-9pm check in day. It can be done as long as there is availability.

A good time to do these exhibits is Sunday as everyone is starting to die down. Lines for exhibits can stretch for hours on Friday and Saturday but really go down on Sunday.

I want to see the Once Upon a Time costumes.

I want to see the once upon a time costumes too! Most excited about those ones.

Am i correct to say this exhibit will be taking the place of the pirates one they had last expo?

I've seen a few reports of the Cantina being open for those who wanted to go in for a quick look from 11pm-12am (last hour). Has that been pretty consistent? Any reports from those of you in the 8pm-midnight slot?

I have an 8am reservation but also on someone's 8pm reservation. Was hoping to do a couple hours in morning and then had back for an hour at the end of evening to see it at night. Don't care about actually getting a drink but would love to see the inside.

I've seen a few reports of the Cantina being open for those who wanted to go in for a quick look from 11pm-12am (last hour). Has that been pretty consistent? Any reports from those of you in the 8pm-midnight slot?

I have an 8am reservation but also on someone's 8pm reservation. Was hoping to do a couple hours in morning and then had back for an hour at the end of evening to see it at night. Don't care about actually getting a drink but would love to see the inside.
Best bet would be to ask the CMs working if they will be doing tours. The morning CMs may not know, but the evening ones would have a better idea.

I would also advise you to consider making sure you are in the land for the fireworks around 9:30. The launch site is right behind GE, so the view of fireworks exploding above the spires and Millennium Falcon is pretty amazing!

I have an AP that is blocked on Friday/Sat/Sundays.

If I were to pull the trigger on a resort hotel reservation for a Thursday night, what do you suppose the chances are that I would get a reservation for a Thursday, when I COULD go, as opposed to the following day Friday, when I cannot go?
As long as it is more than 5 days away, you can book the room, wait for the reservation email about SWGE, call and see if you can change to Thursday if they inevitably give you Friday, and then cancel the room if they can’t move you to Thursday.

Is it enough to just go to Savi's first, or do we need to be in line early at the check in? We have the 8pm timeslot, but we aren't sure when we want to line up.

We waited an hour during our reservation period last night. This was after DW gave a CM her name and a phone # to text us when we could line up for the Cantina.

After you get the text, you only have 15 minutes to get into the line before your "reservation" for the Cantina is cancelled. Good news is that you only wait another 15 minutes or so in that line before you can go in.

LOVE the Blue Bantha. Coughed up the Carbon Freeze...lol. Left with a bit of a buzz. What an amazing place!
Did they tell you about how long it would be before they texted you? Ballpark? Otherwise you would be stressed to leave the area at all and get in line for anything I would think.

Did they tell you about how long it would be before they texted you? Ballpark? Otherwise you would be stressed to leave the area at all and get in line for anything I would think.
If you have 15 minutes to return, I'd say you can leave and move about the land pretty freely. You would need to judge the line for Smuggler's Run, but besides that you could leave anything else and get back there.

Has anyone gotten other merchandise outside of Droids and Light sabers? I saw T-shirts, pins, and cups in Star Trader the other day, but not interested in those. And I know about the Porgs and Monkey Lizards, but are there other items to purchase? Do they have any cookware? I have some Disney cookware, maybe I can add to the collection.

I’ve been trying to follow the thread to get an idea of how long the wait is to build a droid but I’m not seeing much. Can anyone share their wait experience? We were thinking we would hit that first and save the ride for the 2nd hour. No cantina or lightsabers for us.

Has anyone gotten other merchandise outside of Droids and Light sabers? I saw T-shirts, pins, and cups in Star Trader the other day, but not interested in those. And I know about the Porgs and Monkey Lizards, but are there other items to purchase? Do they have any cookware? I have some Disney cookware, maybe I can add to the collection.
They do have kitchen things in Droid Depot. Some plates/cups, a large bowl that looks like R2's head upside down. Apron, towels, and oven mitts.

The parks today were pretty dead for the morning but picked up in the afternoon. Basically walked on all of Cars land and Pixar Pier, then got a FP for Soarin’ for 5 minutes after we pulled it. 10am headed over to DL and grabbed FP for Indy, one hour return time, lunch, 15 minutes for BTMRR, and 25 for Space, walked on teacups. Still a lot of 5 minute waits when we headed out at 2. I’m shocked. It was perfect. We have the 2-6pm time slot tomorrow!

I’ve been trying to follow the thread to get an idea of how long the wait is to build a droid but I’m not seeing much. Can anyone share their wait experience? We were thinking we would hit that first and save the ride for the 2nd hour. No cantina or lightsabers for us.
Most current reports say 20-30 minutes. I had a 10 minute wait or so, but I think I went in at a good time because it built behind me. Hitting it first is a good idea, as you get it out of the way and can also see the droid interact with things in the land. Later that day and the next evening the line extended out the shop and had a taped queue on the ground. I don't believe it was every really "cut" because people are more constantly coming and going.

...I would also advise you to consider making sure you are in the land for the fireworks around 9:30. The launch site is right behind GE, so the view of fireworks exploding above the spires and Millennium Falcon is pretty amazing!
I was in the land on June 1, but did not think about fireworks :headache:
Missed them completely while riding the Falcon.
Watched the video posted here on DIS (high quality, using a tripod) and the fireworks are “Impressive”

And I know this was mentioned, but cannot find the answer. Where do they have the 11 am group enter? I want to head straight to the Droid depot when I go, then do the ride, then do other stuff. Trying to strategize on the park app lol.

I wonder how they feel about droids?

We didn’t have one so I don’t know for sure, but I wouldn’t hesitate to carry one on the plane. TSA will probably look it over really well then ask for a demo, lol!

And I know this was mentioned, but cannot find the answer. Where do they have the 11 am group enter? I want to head straight to the Droid depot when I go, then do the ride, then do other stuff. Trying to strategize on the park app lol.
On Monday, the 11am group entered at the Critter Country entrance.

All groups after the 8am group enter from critter country / hungry bear. The 8am group enters from big thunder trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter