D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They added it to the Disneyland app and if you click on it you can get to a page full of FAQs. Not much new except repeated statements of ROTR not opening until ‘later this year’- also mentioned that Hangar Bay is definitely quick-service.

Also says that officially starting June 24th you won’t need a reservation to access the land. And this:

Will Disney FASTPASS service be offered for the attractions at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?

A. No. Disney FASTPASS service, including availability via Disney MaxPass, will not initially be offered for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, opening May 31, 2019, or Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will open later this year. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great Guest experience.

——

I could be over thinking this but the fact that both will open without FP makes me hope that the turn around for ROTR is right after it opens.

Or.... they will seriously wait awhile before implementing FP.

Either way, I’m feeling anxious. All my hopes of MaxPass and possible dining reservations and anything else are blowing into the sunset... gulp!

They added it to the Disneyland app and if you click on it you can get to a page full of FAQs. Not much new except repeated statements of ROTR not opening until ‘later this year’- also mentioned that Hangar Bay is definitely quick-service.

Also says that officially starting June 24th you won’t need a reservation to access the land. And this:

Will Disney FASTPASS service be offered for the attractions at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?

A. No. Disney FASTPASS service, including availability via Disney MaxPass, will not initially be offered for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, opening May 31, 2019, or Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will open later this year. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great Guest experience.

——

I could be over thinking this but the fact that both will open without FP makes me hope that the turn around for ROTR is right after it opens.

Either way, I’m feeling anxious. All my hopes of MaxPass and possible dining reservations and anything else are blowing into the sunset... gulp!
Yah, just the like the good old days before FP was invented. We survived then. We will survive now.

:wizard:

I can’t stand for long periods of time due to medical issues and don’t qualify for DAS since I could just use a wheelchair so..... I likely won’t be able to handle a five hour line and wheelchairs don’t work for me if I’m there alone wrangling with my kids.

Oh well, we’ll just see what happens! Can always go back next year and try again if I can’t get on the rides!

NO!! Hold your tongue! I never ever want to got back to a world before FP! There's a reason we only go to disney!

Amen! It’s a good system. I enjoy being able to book my FPs and never waiting longer than 15 mins for favorite rides! Makes it much more accessible for people too.

What do you all think the crowds will be like during the May 31-June 23 period? We were planning a trip in early June and were hoping to avoid Galaxy's Edge opening. This is an extended family trip and my parents are now rethinking going. My mom is afraid it will be hard just to get into the parks - as in to get there, get through security, enter the park, etc. I'm thinking it will be pretty well-controlled during that time period with the required reservations for those weeks. What do you think? My parents are hesitant to go if it's going to be a madhouse just to get into the parks every day. That's the part that has them worried.

Not sure where they got this info or exactly how Disney would monitor this (the app was suggested) but Freshbaked is saying that people can only book one reservation to GE in 3 weeks. That guests will not be allowed to book another reservation to enter GE until 3 weeks after their initial visit.

——

Here is the screen shot of it, and where you click the star to get the info.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_4c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4c.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 30
Not sure where they got this info or exactly how Disney would monitor this (the app was suggested) but Freshbaked is saying that people can only book one reservation to GE in 3 weeks. That guests will not be allowed to book another reservation to enter GE until 3 weeks after their initial visit.

Interesting! I can’t imagine that’ll be popular, but it makes sense; at least, initially. That should increase the opportunities for most people to experience the land if Disney is only allowing guests to visit the land once per 3 weeks. I wonder if this rumor will come to fruition.

Tracking it does seem tricky but I don’t doubt it can be done.

I think we have to remember that we are doing the exact same thing here as we were doing a couple of weeks ago - still trying to second guess everything! We have just moved on from guessing the opening date. We know an opening date and that there will be opening phases but still little else.

We don't know when these no cost reservations will be up for grabs for one, we don't know when ROTR will open and the main thing for me is will everything else open from May 31st or will other things be shoehorned into phase 2.

This is where Disney annoys me. They expect people like me to drop thousands on booking a last minute international trip but drip feed us little info.

Further to what I said above about this all being second guessing so take this with a pinch of salt - some people are saying on Twitter that it’s been confirmed by Disney that the no cost reservation will be available on the day of your park visit, once you have scanned your part ticket at the entrance. Thus making it like a MP.

This makes sense to me as the capability is there for them to implement this. Again, only seeing a few people saying it so take it how you want. I don’t like this because again it’s clever on Disney’s part. Come down for the day anyway and maybe get into our new land! If not, stay and spend some money anyway on other things. And you’ve already bought a park ticket if you aren’t a AP holder.

I booked our May 30-June 3 trip SPECIFICALLY to avoid this. Now this. We are staying on property so I assume we will get a reservation time.
Being there, it will be insanity but I'm just going to get Zen and flow. So much for my well planned trip.

Look at the bright side - at least you will be able to experience it and be there for the opening. Even if you're not a Star Wars fan, it's a cool thing to say you were there for opening weekend of it, especially years from now! Even if you choose not to wait for any of the attractions, it will still be cool to walk through and experience everything with all the buzz around it that weekend.

I'm really excited they decided to do a soft opening. It should help them with crowd issues and being prepared for the full onslaught once everything is open. I'm slightly bummed only because I just agreed to chaperone a grad nite at Universal on opening day...but I will live. I'm super envious of everyone who will get to go this summer.

I'd like everyone to consider how often your average person reads fine print. I predict a LOT of people who hear May 31st will be full stop and read or listen no more - they are going to show up in droves and ask "reservation?....what reservation?"

I think Disney should have put a big red "soft opening" stamp on this announcement rather than bury it in articles that only serious planners and Disney fans will read through entirely.

But how could you have thought that? There was a lot of speculation around here by, ahem, people like me and @Skyegirl1999 that SWGE would open as early as Memorial Day. Everyone was reading way too much into the (Deluxe) AP Blockout Calendar. All Disney ever said was “summer 2019”.

I find it interesting how people think summer includes May somehow - Summer starts around June 21st - so I don't think it was ridiculous for people to think that was the date they might use. However, it does seem that the further south you go of course summer starts earlier and earlier so I guess it's read as more of a weather thing rather than an actual season?

We live in Canada and I can assure you Winter does not wait until December 21st to rear it's ugly head!!

I can’t stand for long periods of time due to medical issues and don’t qualify for DAS since I could just use a wheelchair so..... I likely won’t be able to handle a five hour line and wheelchairs don’t work for me if I’m there alone wrangling with my kids.

Oh well, we’ll just see what happens! Can always go back next year and try again if I can’t get on the rides!

Then honestly, I think this is a legitimate claim for a DAS. I'd just be honest with them. It's worth a shot.

This might be a silly question, but when Carsland opened wasn't it also huge crows and really long lines etc.? Or will the opening of SW:GE be even crazier? I'm not a SW fan at all (never even seen a movie!) so maybe I don't understand how big this really is......

I find it interesting how people think summer includes May somehow - Summer starts around June 21st - so I don't think it was ridiculous for people to think that was the date they might use. However, it does seem that the further south you go of course summer starts earlier and earlier so I guess it's read as more of a weather thing rather than an actual season?

We live in Canada and I can assure you Winter does not wait until December 21st to rear it's ugly head!!
The “summer” season at Disneyland has traditionally started on Memorial Day, which is thought of as a summer kick-off for many people.

I also thought that the blockout changes - particularly knocking out the lower two tiers for ALL of June - indicated an earlier opening. There was no reason to do that to the lower passes if SWGE wasn’t going to be open.

This might be a silly question, but when Carsland opened wasn't it also huge crows and really long lines etc.? Or will the opening of SW:GE be even crazier? I'm not a SW fan at all (never even seen a movie!) so maybe I don't understand how big this really is......
This is going to be a whole different ballgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter