D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's crazy no ticket required and no presale preference for AP holders.

Guess ill be looking on ebay for a black market Disney SWGE resell reservation slot :(
Oh wow I didn’t think of that. Wouldn’t put it passed some people.

Don't buy off eBay or any third party, it would be a total scam and wouldn't grant you access to the land. They said that any resale would completely void the reservation.
I hope so!

So I think my game plan for all of this will be to try and get a reservation. If that doesn’t work, I’ll just wait until that virtual things opens. I’m only willing to see the new land for little effort and money as possible lol. I’m still scared what all of this means for crowds to get in and out of Anaheim.

So I think my game plan for all of this will be to try and get a reservation. If that doesn’t work, I’ll just wait until that virtual things opens. I’m only willing to see the new land for little effort and money as possible lol. I’m still scared what all of this means for crowds to get in and out of Anaheim.

The way I understand the virtual que is that it wont be for the land but for the ride. And I think its going to be like the jimmy kimmel ride at universal studios. You get to a certain point in the standby and they admit a large group to the falcon and they give you a colored card. Then you can loiter in general areas with exciting things like Holo chess inside the falcon until your group color is called.

The way I understand the virtual que is that it wont be for the land but for the ride. And I think its going to be like the jimmy kimmel ride at universal studios. You get to a certain point in the standby and they admit a large group to the falcon and they give you a colored card. Then you can loiter in general areas with exciting things like Holo chess inside the falcon until your group color is called.
http://blogmickey.com/2019/03/disne...visit-star-wars-galaxys-edge-after-june-23rd/

They missed 2 guests on my reservation and messed up the date... on hold 55 minutes and counting :faint:

Finally got through! CM was super helpful, fixed everything and changed our date All set and ready now! The date didn’t work for me - even the corrected date - so they switched it pretty easy. I’m 8-12 on the 21st now.

2) If your hotel stay has room to add individuals without going over room capacity, when is the deadline to add the names? There is no deadline, but to add a person to a SW:GE reservation you need to 1) call the HOTEL reservation line and add the names to the stay AND 2) call the STAR WARS GE phone line to add the names to your day/time SW:GE reservation. (Please note, I am not personally confident that 1=2, meaning there will be automatic capacity in the SW:GE reservation.)

I had added my parents to my reservation and they were not on my SWGE reservation. When I spoke to the CM they said it can take 24 hours until it updates in their system - so if you added someone they can’t update the SWGE until it updates in their system. Luckily I had done mine more than 24 hours before, but for some reason when they did the emails it wasn’t updated for them yet, which is why they weren’t on the email. But because it had updated when I called, he was able to fix it. So it seems you may have to wait to update your SWGE reservation after you update your hotel reservation.

How do people wait in the longer lines when you're solo? At some point you'll have to use the restroom... are people pretty good about letting you back in?

How do people wait in the longer lines when you're solo? At some point you'll have to use the restroom... are people pretty good about letting you back in?
One natural result of waiting in long lines for long periods of time is that you make friends with the people around you. You'll save their spots when nature calls, and they'll save your spot. And you'll make a food run and get snacks for them, and vice versa. Get friendly -- it really pays off!

One natural result of waiting in long lines for long periods of time is that you make friends with the people around you. You'll save their spots when nature calls, and they'll save your spot. And you'll make a food run and get snacks for them, and vice versa. Get friendly -- it really pays off!
LOL, everyone is a super geeky Disney fan like us so there is always plenty to talk about too!

:wizard:

Nope, that’s not the way the ride queue is set up and I don’t think it would work for such a popular ride. The virtual queue will be used to control the capacity of the land in total. They can only allow a certain number of people in at any time. That will include the people waiting in the physical line for the Falcon.

Nope, that’s not the way the ride queue is set up and I don’t think it would work for such a popular ride. The virtual queue will be used to control the capacity of the land in total. They can only allow a certain number of people in at any time. That will include the people waiting in the physical line for the Falcon.
Agreed, everything I’ve heard is virtual queue to the land itself. You’re spot on!

It was just announced by Mr Cheezypop of Disneyland fame. Non Disney hotel reservations can be made at that date and time. Here is the announcement.

A virtual queue seems to be the plan after the original 3 week reservation period. How do you envision this process? If you can't queue until inside the park do you think people will start lining up at security in the middle of the night to assure getting into DL early enough to get a spot? Disney has said reservations will not be required after June 23rd but do you think they will have another way to allow ticket holders to pre-schedule a time to visit GE? Lots of questions and hard to plan for dining and entertainment times.

I will be visiting during the second half of August. The scenario I anticipate is, I'll show up at 2:00 a.m. and wait half the night, then at 7:55 a.m. a CM will come out and say, "We regret to announce that SWGE is not operating due to [who knows what] but it will reopen tomorrow. Sorry."

I was thinking last night and recognized that the number of reservations per time period must be considerably limited. Because from 11-12 there will be 2 groups. Hopefully they limit them enough so everyone is able to truly enjoy the land during their time slot!

I’m still trying to figure out how they will enforce the end time, but at least we know the rumors of a hard sweep thru the land are false.

I was thinking last night and recognized that the number of reservations per time period must be considerably limited. Because from 11-12 there will be 2 groups. Hopefully they limit them enough so everyone is able to truly enjoy the land during their time slot!

I’m still trying to figure out how they will enforce the end time, but at least we know the rumors of a hard sweep thru the land are false.

I’m with you. Limited for variety of reasons. First, this is a TEST of how to best serve the guests as a soft opening. Second, the land is huge, but human areas are equivalent to cars land in Ca Adventure. I was told about 1,500 people at a time is what to expect. IF that’s, accurate, those with reservations are in for a magical day, even if there are glitches.

People are mostly nice, as the others have said: I'm friends with people I've met at the various Expos now. And being a D23 local means I see a lot of the same people at multiple events.

Sadly due to my work schedule I will only be able to go Saturday and Sunday this year. My first time missing Friday! I am still excited though. Can't wait!!

Adulting, ugh! :P But at least you get two days. YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter