• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot. I didn't understand the "add a guest" and now have a problem. I have two different reservations (the first one, me only, my account) and a second in a different time through my husband's account with both names on the reservation. I'd like to either cancel the first or move hubby to my reservation (earlier time in the day). Ugh.

EDIT: Seems I'm not alone as I scan earlier posts. I'll try phoning in when the fury dies down some and hope for that pixie dust y'all talk about. Sigh.

Traffic must be thinning as my safari browser that has been open since before 10 just let me in.

I'm pretty sure that is what happened. Since my original browser window wasn't opening I opened one on a second computer (two browsers there for a total of three). About 10 minutes later, all three redirected to the reservation at pretty much the same time.

Shoot. I didn't understand the "add a guest" and now have a problem. I have two different reservations (the first one, me only, my account) and a second in a different time through my husband's account with both names on the reservation. I'd like to either cancel the first or move hubby to my reservation (earlier time in the day). Ugh.

Not gonna work. There is no modifying reservations after the fact. You need to just use hubby's reservation. It's not really a "problem."

Not that I can really change anything, but the nice thing about having reservations for June 12 is I'll be able to read trip reports prior to going and get an idea of just how much they are going to fill up the area. I'm really hoping it's not a shoulder to shoulder situation.

Not gonna work. There is no modifying reservations after the fact. You need to just use hubby's reservation. It's not really a "problem."
Will it be a problem that my name is both the "lead" on my reservation and the "+1" on his? If not, then agreed, no problem ... we'll use his. Thx

• I'm in too! Unfortunately, I didn't have time to coordinate with my friends, so hopefully at least one of them can do it at the time I selected and go with me.
  • The reason why they don't want people to keep refreshing is because it creates enormous load on the server (which could crash it). I don't think there's an actual virtual queue, because that would be logistically quite challenging to keep track of that many browsers.
  • As of 11:20am, there's still plenty of availability on most days, so don't lose hope if you're waiting.

DA33BE80-594C-481E-97FD-5392C874F0CD.png Just logged in to check times.
My dates June 1-6th are sold out so glad I changed to on-site and got one that way!
I was working today and this was the first chance I had to log on (2:25pm ET)
First times available are June 11th at 8pm for those curious.

I finally got in about 20 minutes ago. My first choice, June 8 was full, but I was able to get June 9 from 8 pm to 12 am.

My suggestion is to let it be. Call the phone line after this all dies down and see if they can help you. If people are adding guests to a hotel reservation, then I am sure they can accommodate you. Honest mistake. They should be good with that. Take heart....and pixie dust....and may the force be with you!
Thank you! The Force was with me and the pixie dust happened. I got a reservation for another day of our trip!

Are we allowed to have both one from a hotel stay AND one from the lottery?
The guidance I was given by cast member is that these are completely different reservation systems, and it is possible to hold at least one reservation from each. For hotel stays, reservations under different confirmation numbers may yield one reservation from each confirmation number (each stay).

Are we allowed to have both one from a hotel stay AND one from the lottery?
This is just second hand from my nephew who is a CM and will be working SWGE...but the main criteria for restricting entry to one time per person for the reservation period is the ticket used. If you try to use the same park hopper or AP twice, you won't be able to get in the second time. The ID's are just to limit the second hand market.

Not that I can really change anything, but the nice thing about having reservations for June 12 is I'll be able to read trip reports prior to going and get an idea of just how much they are going to fill up the area. I'm really hoping it's not a shoulder to shoulder situation.
I always feel like they have a few things to work out the first few days of any opening/event/festival. By the 2nd week, things seem to be running smoother. My opinion anyway :)

Unfortunately, I’m dumb and didn’t click see more dates and got the opening weekend. Oh well. On the plus side, I don’t have to take a day off. But I’m pondering if it’s worth the crowds and early arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter