D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m debating on when to take my first (and possibly only) trip to Disneyland. I currently don’t have a reservation to SWGE, and I cannot afford the on property reservations. I’m a little bummed about the reservations but more concerned about the crowds.

Do you think crowds will be awful June 18-23? OR do you think most people will be waiting until after the 23rd when a reservation isn’t required to visit SWGE/the parks?

I know nobody actually knows, but I’m looking for your best guesses and theories. I’m trying to decide if I should move our trip back or keep it as is...

If you're only going to go to DL once in your life, and you don't have a SWGE reservation, I can't really see the logic in wanting to go June 18-23. You will be smashed in the crowds and, on top of that, you won't get the benefit of participating in the main draw.

So I would suggest to either move your trip before the end of May so you can go before SWGE opens OR go another time. Maybe next year (not weekends or holidays).

I’m debating on when to take my first (and possibly only) trip to Disneyland. I currently don’t have a reservation to SWGE, and I cannot afford the on property reservations. I’m a little bummed about the reservations but more concerned about the crowds.

Do you think crowds will be awful June 18-23? OR do you think most people will be waiting until after the 23rd when a reservation isn’t required to visit SWGE/the parks?

I know nobody actually knows, but I’m looking for your best guesses and theories. I’m trying to decide if I should move our trip back or keep it as is...
If you really want to see SWGE, but don't have access to a reservation, just wait until after June 23rd when reservations no longer will be required. But I would wait a little longer into the summer so that you can do as much research as you can here to prepare yourself for what to expect. Tips, strategies, updates, etc. will start showing up on this board very quickly after SWGE opens. Even if you keep your original trip dates, you might not see the new land, but you will be able to prepare yourself by reading all the news here before you leave.

Someone asked this on the Disneyland Annual Passholders Facebook page.
View attachment 398647

I have sort of an interesting question. Do you think the parks will be at capacity the first few days of June?

I'm asking because assume on June 3, for example, that I go to California Adventure in the morning. Then mid-late afternoon I decided to go to Disneyland because I have a SWGE reservation for 8pm-12am. If DL is at capacity, but I show them I have a reservation, do they let me in?
The first post above should answer your question (see the attachment) -- if the answer from Disney is accurate. According to Disney, if you can show a valid SWGE reservation for that date and time, you will be allowed in even if the park is at capacity. (Keeping in mind, of course, that there are different levels of gate closures -- level 1 or 2 would not be a problem; the highest level would mean that no one could enter until the Fire Marshall allowed it.)

Actually it was stated quite clearly in the TOS and on Disneyland.com before you even clicked to go to the reservation page that it is is one visit per person during the reservation period and the Terms and conditions (you know the fine print nobody bothers to read) states they can cancel your reservations if you violate them.

If that's the case then post a link or an excerpt from the applicable T&Cs. I don't remember reading it anywhere, which doesn't mean it wasn't written somewhere, but I did read everything I possibly could and the only definitive information I could find from Disney was that you were limited to one reservation per Disney account. That is different to one reservation per person.

Edit: I guess it says "per guest". It's still not black and white, though. I know there are many people with multiple reservations simply because of the way the system worked and friends adding friends as guests. No big deal.

Last edited:
If that's the case then post a link or an excerpt from the applicable T&Cs. I don't remember reading it anywhere, which doesn't mean it wasn't written somewhere, but I did read everything I possibly could and the only definitive information I could find from Disney was that you were limited to one reservation per Disney account. That is different to one reservation per person.
In all honesty my guess is this post is what was being referred to and caused the divide on here. Under Important Information About Adding Additional Guests

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...pening-may-31st.3738392/page-46#post-60568756

The two emails I received from for my reservations state:

There is one reserved space for each registered hotel guest. You receive only one Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge reservation for your entire stay. You do not have a reservation for every day of your stay.

When I called, I was told my stay is my reservation. Since I have two reservations, I have two “stays,” and therefore am entitled to two reservations for SWGE.

ok, my 2 cents

I dont understand why some people are all in a flutter that other people have multiple reservations. I say good for them, they have taken a risk and if it works out that they get multiple experiences, then wow, how amazing is that. Yes it is a risk, but the reservations are free and I bet that many others have taken that risk, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Yeah sure in a cutsey world, its nice to say, oh I'll just do one reservation, so that others can have a chance, but in the real world, its not like that.

All this conversation reminds me of a time 10 years ago, when a certain singer was supposed to do a concert residency in London. Concert tickets were approx $80. Alot of people , including myself were buying tickets for multiple concerts throughout the residency. We were local or could get to London easily and we had the money for multiple concert tickets, so of course we bought as many tickets as we could. We were called selfish, people told us we should not be buying multiple concert tickets, that it wasnt right that we would be going to 8 or 10 or more concerts, while others missed out and couldnt even get 1 concert ticket due to them being sold out. So what, I just saw it as sour grapes and jealousy. Like with the Star Wars Reservations, its the luck of the draw. These online sales for high demand events are a complete lottery. Some are more prepared than others and take steps to increase their chances, like having multiple devices logged in, or multiple people in the same party applying.

All this talk about the Star Wars Galaxys Edge multiple reservations is going no where. Those with multiple reservations are feeling offended and those with a single reservation are feeling jealous. Its just going round in circles and NOTHING can be done at this stage. Stop ruining the excitement for yourselves with pointless snipping at each over who gets more time in Galaxys Edge.

Lets get back to the fun, seriously people, we have DAYS to go until Galaxys Edge is open, and we are part of it.

Now has anyone any idea how much this Blue Milk will cost, as Im in the middle of my budget planning???

@BadPinkTink

Bravo!

All this talk about the Star Wars Galaxys Edge multiple reservations is going no where. Those with multiple reservations are feeling offended and those with a single reservation are feeling jealous. Its just going round in circles and NOTHING can be done at this stage. Stop ruining the excitement for yourselves with pointless snipping at each over who gets more time in Galaxys Edge.

Very well said.

Keep in mind also that once people have the reservations, there is no percentage for Disney in turning people away. They won't be opening up space for people in the standby line, because there is no standby line. There is no way to get reservations now aside from booking hotels, which would only involve future reservation dates. All Disney would accomplish is reducing the number of people who might spend money in SWGE on that particular day. Are they really going to do that? If they were, it seems to me they would be public and clear about it ("No guest may enter SWGE more than one time during the reservation period") instead of keeping it a secret that they spring on people at the gate.

There's definitely a balance though. The less crowded the land is, the more people are going to spend apiece. Especially on the time-consuming things that also happen to cost the most, like the droids and the custom sabers. There were so many things we'd intended to buy on our last World Showcase visit that we ended up just skipping because the lines at the register were too long.

Two different phone CMs (one for the hotel and one for the SW line) confirmed that they will not be tracking and trying to block repeat visitors. They specifically said that if an individual is listed on multiple reservations on different days, that is not a problem. Given the certainty with which both spoke, the specifics they mentioned, and the examples they gave, I feel pretty confident in that information even though we know phone CMs can give out faulty info... they were both using the same examples and terms, too.

As expected (but I wanted to double check), they also confirmed that there's no way to cancel a non-hotel reservation in a way that makes it available to anyone else. So there's no point to cancelling one if you have multiples at this point; you can't help anyone out that way the way you can with a dining reservation.

We plan to cancel our hotel stay and just keep the reservation we obtained this morning, but I wanted to know all of our options, and I thought this information might be helpful to others. I'm not weighing in on the ethics of having multiple reservations or anything like that.

I'm over the subject of, "Will I be turned away if I have more than one SWGE reservation", we'll just have to wait and see.

Any comments on whether the park will reach capacity on 5/31/19? If so, wonder what happens if one has a SWGE reservation at 2:00 and they show up at noon to closed turnstiles?

Actually it was stated quite clearly in the TOS and on Disneyland.com before you even clicked to go to the reservation page that it is is one visit per person during the reservation period and the Terms and conditions (you know the fine print nobody bothers to read) states they can cancel your reservations if you violate them.

As for planning on when to arrive, I would call Disney and find out when security is opening that morning and be outside security at least an hour before that. You will probably find people camping out overnight even though they aren't supposed to.

Based on what skygirl says, it sounds like they were anticipating people making multiple reservations under different accounts/friends/spouses
Two different phone CMs (one for the hotel and one for the SW line) confirmed that they will not be tracking and trying to block repeat visitors. They specifically said that if an individual is listed on multiple reservations on different days, that is not a problem. Given the certainty with which both spoke, the specifics they mentioned, and the examples they gave, I feel pretty confident in that information even though we know phone CMs can give out faulty info... they were both using the same examples and terms, too.

Again, enough with the debating and arguing about the multiple reservation issue. I don't want to lock this thread because there is good discussion going on here. Until we have an official answer from Disney, all speculation and personal interpretation is not helpful. Trying to guess other people's motivation also is unproductive and unhelpful. But working together to focus on getting the most out of and making the most efficient use out of our limited time in SWGE? That is helpful!

I am curious what time people with 8am reservations are planning on arriving to the parks and what the line up process might be.

I have a bit of a unique situation in rhE I’m leaving my baby home for SWGE, and I’ll need to pump immediately before entering the land at 8am and immediately after exiting the land. I’ll need to use the baby care center in DL before I get into line for SWGR. I wonder what time the baby care center is open? Before regular park opening since it’s on Main Street?

Please drop the multiple reservation topic. No more stirring the pot. When we get official word from Disney, then we can discuss that.

Good question on the hours for the Baby Care Center. If they're not open, would First Aid let you use a private area? I'm sure they wouldn't be busy at that hour.

I am guessing that there might be a line forming to enter before your designated time for entry. I personally don't want to stand in line for an hour just to get into the land. Any thoughts on how long it might take for that line to get through before I can just walk right in?

Please drop the multiple reservation topic. No more stirring the pot. When we get official word from Disney, then we can discuss that.

Will we at least be allowed to discuss what Disney is actually doing when the time comes, even if Disney never puts out a clarification of their rules. Our family has three reservations for June 8-9, and I will be very curious to see what Disney is doing in the weeks before in order to make a determination on how to proceed with our own reservations. I'd hate to see a total ban when plenty of people will benefit from sharing info about how return visits are being treated on the ground.

Will we at least be allowed to discuss what Disney is actually doing when the time comes, even if Disney never puts out a clarification of their rules...
I would ask you what answer your common sense tells you, especially based on your experience here on this board. Once people calm down and see reason once again, it should be much easier to discuss pertinent issues based on as much fact as we can gather. I just want to let the dust settle first so people here can see more clearly.
And no one said "total ban." Please don't put words in my mouth. Once things calm down and we actually get some facts to work with, the discussion (NB discussion, not arguing) can continue.

Last edited:
I’m assuming, and correct me if I’m wrong, if I show up at 8:30am for my 8:00am slot, we will still be let in?

I have to arrange DAS for my dad first thing that morning (with him of course) as their flight gets in late the night before. He isn’t a speedy mover so I’m pretty sure we’re going to be slightly late :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter