D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am past the age where I camp out for things. I don’t care what it is. I also just don’t get why anyone would camp out when they have a reservation and Disney isn’t allowing a standby line. Being first in the park or first to ride smugglers run isn’t worth an uncomfortable sleepless night. No thank you.

The only reason I can see camping out day 1 is for the people who want to be "first" to ride MF. I don't foresee capacity being an issue that weekend.

Hm... I don’t know the review sounds like fun but if you think about it how this is supposed to work out when the generell public is riding... I don’t know...

Using information out of the previous posted spoiler...so I use a spoiler as well...

How will the experience change for the group if there are guests who don’t participate in the ride/ don’t understand what to do...

And how is the seat assignment going to work with the average guest... I am a little worried about people not understanding which seats they are supposed to take or people who want specific seats and might not follow the assignment but choose their own seat and start arguing... sounds like this could slow the proces down a lot...

To me it sounds like the experience will depend on how well the group will „handle“ the ride... I don’t know but I fear that this will be a big problem...

I wonder if they were being more random with it because it was cast previews. I would hope they'd take a look when handing out roles with families. If not I definitely would want my kids to swap to a simpler role because they have no clue how to play video games.

View attachment 399455 Saw on Twitter, DLR may allow camping out in line the first night. UGH!

I just saw a follow up to this on Twitter that indicates that Disneyland will not allow overnight lineups. It is in the same thread posted above. The person that commented stated that he called Disney (1-888-834-9125) and they told him they will not allow overnight lineups and confirmed that they will allow the 6 am entry into the esplanade for those with 8 am reservations through out the reservation period.

I hope this is true! It seems completely strange that overnight lineups would be allowed. It negates the whole reservation system/process.

I just saw a follow up to this on Twitter that indicates that Disneyland will not allow overnight lineups. It is in the same thread posted above. The person that commented stated that he called Disney (1-888-834-9125) and they told him they will not allow overnight lineups and confirmed that they will allow the 6 am entry into the esplanade for those with 8 am reservations through out the reservation period.

I hope this is true! It seems completely strange that overnight lineups would be allowed. It negates the whole reservation system/process.

I wonder, though, can they stop people from lining up on Harbor?

There are always going to be people who want to be "first."

I wonder, though, can they stop people from lining up on Harbor?

There are always going to be people who want to be "first."
What would be the point of lining up on Harbor? Most of the 8am are hotel guests, who would use the GCH-DTD checkpoint or the one closest to DLH.

I’ve been told by hotel, reservation, and other cast members that “hotel guests can enjoy their rooms” and will not be camping out. Hope it’s true, otherwise it is a huge waste of money.

I am past the age where I camp out for things. I don’t care what it is. I also just don’t get why anyone would camp out when they have a reservation and Disney isn’t allowing a standby line. Being first in the park or first to ride smugglers run isn’t worth an uncomfortable sleepless night. No thank you.
Although many hotel guests have the 8am slot on opening day...there are plenty of people out there who got opening day/morning slots who aren’t staying at a hotel. So maybe those people are the ones thinking about camping.

Even if I had a opening day reservation, I would not camp. The last time I camped out for something was for the final Harry Potter movie in high school. I don’t have the patience for energy for that anymore lol.

Sounds like a complicated ride for young kids, older folks, and people who generally don't play video games. Not sure how this is going to go over with the masses.

I agree. I can see my three kids (DS16-video game master, DD11- not so much a video game master and DS7.5 thinks he's a video game master) fighting about who gets to do what. I am excited, but worried about the level of crazy this will bring to my family of 5 and the poor 6th person that gets stuck with us :) If the sight lines aren't great for all the seats I can see my kiddos arguing with each other about it and someone crying because they couldn't do their job or see anything. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are all too mesmerized by being in the land and actually being on the ride to make too big a deal of it.

Although many hotel guests have the 8am slot on opening day...there are plenty of people out there who got opening day/morning slots who aren’t staying at a hotel. So maybe those people are the ones thinking about camping.

Even if I had a opening day reservation, I would not camp. The last time I camped out for something was for the final Harry Potter movie in high school. I don’t have the patience for energy for that anymore lol.

We have an 8 am reservation and are not staying onsite. I am happy that our trip is a couple of weeks after the opening of SWGE so we can learn some firsthand knowledge from all of you going before us.

We are coming from MN so I am very confident that we won't have any issues getting up early for the 6 am line up. We are naturally early risers and with the two hour time difference we should be in good shape. My fingers are crossed!

I’ve been told by hotel, reservation, and other cast members that “hotel guests can enjoy their rooms” and will not be camping out. Hope it’s true, otherwise it is a huge waste of money.

Oh I hope so! We did two overnights at SWCO and they were at least indoors and they were still complete DISASTERS. 6 AM I get, heck I've been lined up at the former security point when it was up by the esplanade at 5:45. It's hard, but doable. The never ending race to be FIRST resulting in people being outside for over 24 hours? Nope, no way, no thank you.

View attachment 399455 Saw on Twitter, DLR may allow camping out in line the first night. UGH!

I sure hope they don’t allow it! But our trip covers both the reservation period and the free for all (June 22-26) - anxious about the morning of the 25th. Guessing a good day to sleep in and/or hit DCA.

What would be the point of lining up on Harbor? Most of the 8am are hotel guests, who would use the GCH-DTD checkpoint or the one closest to DLH.
Why are you saying most of the 8am are hotel guests? When I got in the reservation system after 35 mins there were still ALL time slots including 8am available. Those did not go faster than other times on the opening weekend.

Why are you saying most of the 8am are hotel guests? When I got in the reservation system after 35 mins there were still ALL time slots including 8am available. Those did not go faster than other times on the opening weekend.

Agreed. I got into the system after like 55 minutes and could still get an 8am opening day slot, which we did not want. We got 8am on Fathers day, which is perfect for us since my husband is THE SW fan in the house.

I think they’re saying this because almost everyone with a 1 night stay on property got the 8-12 time slot. So at least for the first few days when lots of people only booked 1 night, a lot of the reservation slots went to hotel guests. Of course it’s hard to say definitively if they’re really the majority, when we don’t know how many reservation slots there are.

The point would be getting closer to the main entrance earlier than either of the other checkpoints would allow. The Harbor checkpoint is the closest to the turnstiles and if they open them all at the same time, those people will get to the DL turnstiles first.

Is there a reason people would need to camp out with the reservations in place? Just how many reservations did they give out??

I was just wondering the same thing. I don't get it at all.

for those who dont understand why people would camp out.

Those are planning to camp out are most likely the Star Wars superfans. It does not matter to them if they have an onsite hotel or not, there will be firece competition to be first in line, to be in the first rotation of Smugglers Run.

If I had an 8am Star Wars Galaxys Edge reservation on May 31, I would defiantly be one of those camping out, even if I was staying onsite. Im guessing there will be unofficial lines from about 3am or 4 am on May 31, who will be staking out their spot to be the first through security checks both on Harbour and Downtown Disney side. Most likely the first 100 people will organise themselves into a line, and will police this line themselves to stop queue jumpers. Then at 6am, when security opens , they will reform in their original order. Im predicting that between 6am and 8am on May 31, it will be a party atmosphere.

If you have an 8am May 31 Star Wars Galaxys Edge reservation I would plan to be there by 7am the latest. If you just turn up at 7.45am for the 8am opening you will most likely be at the end of the group, end of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter