D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the merch in the land is "in universe." The merch outside the land (outside of some stuff apparently "smuggled out" to Launch Bay) is out of universe. So most things that actually SAY Black Spire, or anything that says Galaxy's Edge, or what people are likely most freaking out about, merchandise dated to May 31st 2019/Opening day - all that will be outside of the land itself.

I've got the 8-12 noon reservation slot on the 31st, and I can't be in two places at once, if there happens to be an opening day pin left when I get kicked out of GE itself, happy day. If not, well at least I got to see the land itself right?
I have an 8-12 noon reservation for the 31st as well. Usually they open early and have you wait at end of Main St till park opening time. The Emporium is usually already open and per parks blog they will have opening day merch so hopefully people with 8am reservations can get opening day merch.

I have an 8-12 noon reservation for the 31st as well. Usually they open early and have you wait at end of Main St till park opening time. The Emporium is usually already open and per parks blog they will have opening day merch so hopefully people with 8am reservations can get opening day merch.

If people can start lining up at 2am I think the concern is that if you have an 8-12am opening day reservation you would use pretty much your whole reservation time waiting in line for merchandise since even if Emporium is open earlier than the park they're not going to be able to "process" 6-7 hours worth of people lined up that quickly. So with an 8-12 reservation either you better be at the front of that line to get thru before your res (which means being up all night) or risk no merch. And we don't know a ton about how the entry system will work for those with reservations anyway so you may not even be able to be in both merchandise and SWGE first reservation time window lines anyway.

SWGE53.jpg

Now I'm more excited lol

I wonder if those will be all the droid part options, or if there will be others....

I'm not sure if I want a BB Series or R Series yet.... leaning a bit towards BB. I don't want a BB8 or R2 clone though, I'd rather something of my own. hmmmmm the choices.... I like the Blue BB body, but not fond of the head.

If people can start lining up at 2am I think the concern is that if you have an 8-12am opening day reservation you would use pretty much your whole reservation time waiting in line for merchandise since even if Emporium is open earlier than the park they're not going to be able to "process" 6-7 hours worth of people lined up that quickly. So with an 8-12 reservation either you better be at the front of that line to get thru before your res (which means being up all night) or risk no merch. And we don't know a ton about how the entry system will work for those with reservations anyway so you may not even be able to be in both merchandise and SWGE first reservation time window lines anyway.
Logistically, if there is indeed a lineup early, as there seems may be for opening day, I have to assume they will also have a designated 8 am reservation line for those with reservations only (just as they also have lines or designated entrance for PPO meal reservations - at least this type of line exists at WDW, so I just assume the same for DL). So, in this case, I don't see how the 8 am SWGE reservation holders would actually need to fight the merch line.

Logistically, if there is indeed a lineup early, as there seems may be for opening day, I have to assume they will also have a designated 8 am reservation line for those with reservations only (just as they also have lines or designated entrance for PPO meal reservations - at least this type of line exists at WDW, so I just assume the same for DL). So, in this case, I don't see how the 8 am SWGE reservation holders would actually need to fight the merch line.
But presumably those 8am holders also want opening day merch.

Was part of the first group to preview yesterday morning. The place, in a word, is INCREDIBLE. Unlike Disney has done before. The attention to detail has been upped considerably over Pandora and Cars Land.

With regards to the cost of a lightsabre - I can tell you that my son paid $197 after cast discount - and I am glad he did. I got to go in with him to watch him make it. What an experience. One that I never would have gotten to have if he wasn't crazy enough to spend that kind of money.

On the whole, yesterday was a moving experience. I teared up walking into the area. This is my childhood come to life and it totally engulfed me.

Thank you for posting a spoiler-free review! Any tips on getting into the lightsaber workshop, since there is a mention that reservations may be required at some point? I'm sure it's very popular.

IF they wanted to be fair, they would allow Only those with GE reservations in at around 7 AM, and allow them to shop prior to their 8:00 reservation slot. I realize it's giving a slight unfair merchandise advantage to those people, but logically it seems like those people should not miss out on the GE opportunity, merely because they want to also purchase 1st Day souvenirs. Not to mention that the check out lines might be 1-2 hours long, so it would decimate their time in GE if they decided to get souvenirs first.

I got a Store Pass once, probably on Sunday, shopping is not my Expo priority. I was able to pick a time. this was for Disneystore, as it has the worst lines. I may skip that store this year. I find the Mickey of Glendale store the most interesting.

SWGE53.jpg

Now I'm more excited lol

I wonder if those will be all the droid part options, or if there will be others....

I'm not sure if I want a BB Series or R Series yet.... leaning a bit towards BB. I don't want a BB8 or R2 clone though, I'd rather something of my own. hmmmmm the choices.... I like the Blue BB body, but not fond of the head.
Wait, these are kind of cool. I wonder if these are the only colors they come in?

I've seen black and pink and purple pieces, not to mention clear R unit domes, so there are way more options.
Does anyone know if you can actually build the orange one with the hands shown in the middle? Of course, that's the one my kid immediately zeroed in on. He likes the red R3 unit also though. If there's purple, I want that!

I've seen black and pink and purple pieces, not to mention clear R unit domes, so there are way more options.
I read an article that says you're encouraged to carry it around so it interacts with the land. What does that mean? How will it interact if you can't use the remote?

I read an article that says you're encouraged to carry it around so it interacts with the land. What does that mean? How will it interact if you can't use the remote?
I suspect that whatever chip is in it interacts with signals implanted around the park. So if you're near the Millennium Falcon, it will know that. Likewise, it might know when you enter the cantina or get near ROTR. That's just my guess though.

Does anyone know if you can actually build the orange one with the hands shown in the middle? Of course, that's the one my kid immediately zeroed in on. He likes the red R3 unit also though. If there's purple, I want that!

You mean DJ Rex? He's pre-built. (And apparently the most expensive one!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter