D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are ways to stop the running. They did it with RSR. Will it still be a massive herd? Yep! But if they choose to, they can curb the running. No FP initially is also good news for those that arrive early to the park. This will increase the speed at which you are able to board the ride. It will be harder to experience both with a short wait once ROTR opens. I imagine the best strategy would be to RD each one on two separate mornings... can’t wait to see how it plays out!

This could be a little awkward for those needing DAS if they get an entrance that doesn't have/is far from the one with the new Information Kiosk, e.g the Critter Country entrance. I wonder if all the Kiosks can give return times for MFSR? (The CMs I spoke with on Sunday were emphasizing the Kiosk just outside the Big Thunder Trail entrance to SWGE, but there is a green umbrella in TL not far from Launch Bay which would be more convenient to use just after checking in.)
I think they may just use both Frontierland paths as the entrances. The Critter Country would be an exit? Easier to funnel people out of the land that way too!

This info might help. I was on with the hotel GE reservation line yesterday and the cm offered up this gem without my even asking, ALL EXCLUSIVE MERCH WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE INSIDE OF GE!!! I sure hope that’s true. She seemed very confident about it, but I would verify and confirm it.
But, what does she mean by "Exclusive Merch". The actual Batuu merchandise that is sold in Launch Bay will also be sold in SWGE, plus some things that will only be in SWGE. But the ones that say "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge" or anything with "Opening Day" won't be available in the land. That would pull you out of the immersive nature. But that is also what will be sold in places in Disneyland, DCA, and the hotels. People are mostly worried that all the opening day merch will be snapped up by people who aren't entering the land at 8am.

Disney is starting to send emails out to those that have the free reservations. I just got one with instructions for checking in etc... Can't wait!

I just typed all this out

Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  • We’re excited you’ll be joining us soon at Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  • Because you have a reservation, please take a moment and review what to bring, how to check in and how to enter the land.
  • Also , please inform the Guests on your reservation what they need to bring.

WHAT TO BRING
  • Star Wars Galaxys Edge confirmation emil with QR code. This was sent to you when made your reservation.
  • Valid Disneyland Park admission for the date of your Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  • Reservation is required for each Guest included in the reservation.
  • Government issued photo ID
  • The Primary Guest (the Guest who made the reservation) must be present and show a valid government issued photo ID at check in or the entire party will be unable to access Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  • Each adult (age 18 or over) Guest in the party must present a valid government issued photo ID at check in or they will be unable to access Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  • A Government issued photo ID includes, without limitation, drivers licence, passport, military ID government employee ID and permanent resident card.
HOW TO CHECK IN
  • In order to use your Star Wars Galaxys Edge Reservation, you must first check in. If you show up at Star Wars Galaxys Edge entrance at the start of your reservation time, without having checked in, you will not be granted access to the land.
  • WHERE: Check in is located on the first floor of Star Wars Launch Bay in Tommorrowland
  • WHO: All Guests listed on your reservation must be present at check in.
  • WHEN: You may check in beginning 2 hours prior to your reservation start time. If your reservation begins at 8am, you may enter Disneyland Park as early as 6am to check in. Please note attractions and entertainment will not be available to be enjoyed until Disneyland Park opens.
  • WHAT: At check in your confirmation QR code will be scanned and your name and the names of your guests on your reservation will be checked against applicable government issued photo ID’s. Your reservation information must match you and each of your guests government issued photo ID’s. Only guests listed on your reservation who present proper ID will be allowed into Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  • Each eligible member of your party will be issued a wristband at check in. Please leave the wristbands on until your party’s visit to the land has concluded.
  • Cast Members will tell you which Star Wars Galaxys Edge entrance to use for admission into the land when your reservation start time begins.
  • After check in you and your party may enjoy the rest of Disneyland Park until your reservation time.
ENTERING AND LEAVING THE LAND
  • After you have properly checked in and at the beginning of your reservation time, you may proceed to the Star Wars Galaxys Edge entrance indicated by the Cast Member at check in. There is no need to line up earlier than the four hour reservation start time. If you have a reservation and are checked in, you will have access to the land.
  • Your party will be required to leave Star Wars Galaxys Edge at the end of your 4 hour reservation period.
Additional Information
  • The current Disneyland Resort costume policy will be in effect in Star Wars Galaxys Edge . Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing outfits inspired by favourite characters is permitted.
  • Each guest who is 3 years old and older must have both valid Theme Park admission and must be listed on your reservation to enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge. Children 2 years and younger will be granted admission along with their party, no Theme Park admission or reservation needed.
  • Guests under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a guest who is 14 years or older.
  • Reservations are void if transferred or sold and have no cash value. Unused reservations are forfeited and will not be replaced.
Local Terms on Black Spire

Bright Suns = Good Day
Rising Moons = Good Evening
Till The Spire = Goodbye , Till we meet again
Good Run = Good Luck

I just got an email about check in information. I have a free reservation, not one from a hotel. So they are sending emails about it now! General info from it
- You check in on 1st floor of Launch bay 2 hours early. If you have an 8 am reservation, then you can enter and check in beginning at 6 am.
- You get your wristband at check in and leave it on until your reservation begins
- No need to line up before your reservation begins
- Primary person needs an ID; all people who are in the party over the age of 18 need an ID
- Currently DL costume rules will be followed (i.e. costumes for only those 14 and under)..bounding is allowed
- Guests who are under 14 years old have to be accompanied by someone who is 14 or older

I'll be there in late October and I'm curious, does anyone think Galaxy Edge will open early with the magic mornings or whatever is offered to the on property hotel guests? I'll be on property (DLH) checking in on the 19th (though won't be in the park that day) and checking out on the 24th (half day in the park, then Knotts Scary Farm). I usually don't make use of those early morning deals since it's kinda hard to get up that early when I don't make it back to the hotel till like 11pm or midnight the night before (I love being in the park at night), but this year I might have to drag myself out of bed at 6am a couple times to be at the gate right when they open... Now if the second attraction is up and running by then this will be the PERFECT trip!

How The Virtual Queue Will Work After June 23 2019
  1. Star Wars Galaxys Edge will open to ALL guests at general park opening hours
  2. Once capacity has been reached, Disney will open the virtual queuing system
  3. There are 2 ways to access the virtual queuing system A. By using the Disneyland App B. By using a Fastpass kiosk and obtaining a paper Boarding Group ticket
  4. You will be assigned a Boarding Group with a specific time to enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  5. When you Boarding Time opens you will be alerted through the APP
  6. If you are not using the APP and have obtained a paper Boarding Group ticket , you will need to check the Digital Display Monitors to see when your Boarding Group opens. There will be no return time on the paper Boarding Group ticket
  7. Once your Boarding Group opens, you will have 2 hours to check into Star Wars Galaxys Edge. This means that if you get an alert that your Boarding Group can enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge, and you are in line at Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventures, you can still ride Radiator Springs Racers. You will have plenty of time to get back to Star Wars Galaxys Edge.
  8. Once inside Star Wars Galaxys Edge, there will be no time limit on how long you can stay

I'm really hoping they're aggressive with the limits on letting people in, I understand this will be insanely popular, but without FastPass for these rides, I fear wait times won't just be a couple hours, but like SIX plus hours. Wasn't RR over in California Adventures like all day waits when it opened? Or Guardians of the Galaxy? I get that FastPass slows things down, but I really wish they had at least allowed MaxPass users and maybe limit it to once a day, or even just for hotel guests or something.

Got one too! Makes it more real! Our reservation is for June 23rd, 8am for anybody curious.
Me too and we have the same reservation date and time.

One thing I’m wondering that doesn’t seem to be addressed is whether or not your entire party must be together to enter the land. I’m a nursing mama leaving my baby at home for this visit and I’m hoping I can skip over to the Baby Care Center to pump after checking in at the Launch Bay... I don’t want my husband and son to have to wait for me in case I have a delay.

Me too and we have the same reservation date and time.

One thing I’m wondering that doesn’t seem to be addressed is whether or not your entire party must be together to enter the land. I’m a nursing mama leaving my baby at home for this visit and I’m hoping I can skip over to the Baby Care Center to pump after checking in at the Launch Bay... I don’t want my husband and son to have to wait for me in case I have a delay.

The email mentions that your entire party must be present at check in. It does not mention the same for entrance into the land. So I would say that your entire party does not need to be present to enter the land, only for check in.

ERQ

Last edited:
Hi, I’m going for the first time solo this year too. ‪We just started a ******* for the D23 Expo 2019 where you can chat with other attendees about the latest expo news, plan and attend fan meetups, share your cosplay progress, and so much more. Maybe it’ll help us feel less alone in this. ‬😁 You can join by emailing me here: austin@oswaldfamily.com

Hi, I’m going for the first time solo this year too. ‪We just started a ******* for the D23 Expo 2019 where you can chat with other attendees about the latest expo news, plan and attend fan meetups, share your cosplay progress, and so much more. Maybe it’ll help us feel less alone in this. ‬😁 You can join by emailing me here: austin@oswaldfamily.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter