D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Sorry if its already been asked but, i understand they are going to live stream some of the panels/talks, who gets access to those? Do i need to be a gold member?
I'm not sure if they've provided details on this yet? Lots still to come with the final-ish schedule, reservations, streaming for certain panels, and processes/rules for onsite. Hoping it'll be announced over the next few weeks!

Is anyone else finalizing hotel plans. Like I keep going online and reading reviews of hotels because I'm torn between Westin and Hilton. I know Hilton is right by the convention center but I just read a review that was 4 months ago that it had bed bugs in a room from google. I want a hotel that has daily cleaning service but seems like both hotels are hit and miss when reading reviews with that.

I booked the Westin through the expo and I have stopped looking at reviews or other hotels about 2 months ago so I would not have the situation you find yourself in. I did pick the Westin over the Hilton this time due to the Westin being more direct to the Katella entrance. The entrance between the Hilton and Marriott was not open in the early morning hours during the 2019 Expo so we had to go down Hotel Way and over to Katella. Later in the day, we could go back and forth to the Expo from the one near the Hilton. This expo, I do not think I will go back and forth as often so I wanted more direct for early morning hours. Plus I prefer to walk along Disneyland Drive to the parks and the Westin is more direct than the Hilton for this route.

Star Wars Celebration had a security line open at 6am in between the Hilton and Mariott. I can't comment on the opening of the security line on Katella. There were more exits to leave, but you couldn't return through an exit-only area. I found the security lines moved quickly for Celebration. There was no overnight queuing for Celebration. There was queuing in the downstairs hall that felt like a warehouse. Early in the morning (fri) it was very hot, eventually cooled off about 8:30am. If you're queuing early and you're in that warehouse area, I suggest thinking about layers. (And masks if uncomfortable with crowding/masking)

I booked the Westin through the expo and I have stopped looking at reviews or other hotels about 2 months ago so I would not have the situation you find yourself in. I did pick the Westin over the Hilton this time due to the Westin being more direct to the Katella entrance. The entrance between the Hilton and Marriott was not open in the early morning hours during the 2019 Expo so we had to go down Hotel Way and over to Katella. Later in the day, we could go back and forth to the Expo from the one near the Hilton. This expo, I do not think I will go back and forth as often so I wanted more direct for early morning hours. Plus I prefer to walk along Disneyland Drive to the parks and the Westin is more direct than the Hilton for this route.
Never been to the convention center before but which entrance is closer to the main hall panels for preferred seating?

Never been to the convention center before but which entrance is closer to the main hall panels for preferred seating?
Probably the one in the middle, but the katella entrance I think was the one you had to go through for lining up for the panels early in the morning.

Howdy!
We purchased (2) 3-Day Gold Adult Passes when they were first released and we are now unable to attend. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I'm stuck with one pass but I can transfer the other 3-Day Pass to another person if I want as they haven't been assigned yet. With that said, is there somewhere that I can offer a 3-Day pass to another Disney fan that wants to attend?

I'm not sure if they've provided details on this yet? Lots still to come with the final-ish schedule, reservations, streaming for certain panels, and processes/rules for onsite. Hoping it'll be announced over the next few weeks!
Ah ok thank you for the reply, im not actually a d23 member (im from the uk) so wondering if i would need to become one so i can view the panels etc and at what level i would need to join.

Howdy!
We purchased (2) 3-Day Gold Adult Passes when they were first released and we are now unable to attend. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I'm stuck with one pass but I can transfer the other 3-Day Pass to another person if I want as they haven't been assigned yet. With that said, is there somewhere that I can offer a 3-Day pass to another Disney fan that wants to attend?
I purchased a resale through stubhub and all has been well so far

Howdy!
I’m sorry to read you won’t make it.

As long as you offer it for free, it’s fine on these boards. Otherwise, your best bet is to contact Disney directly, or maybe go to Facebook. You might be able to transfer both tickets.

Howdy!
There are some D23 Expo social media groups that are allowing people to post badges for sell. I could only find one that did; most did not. That's where I sold 2 of mine. I had 4 and transferred 3. My 4th is a preferred and does not have an option to transfer. So, I think they are enforcing it. I would contact D23.

Anyone else feeling anxious about this years reservations? Last time it was a nightmare and I didnt get any of my top panels. (Not even gonna mention Shoppass 😒) I just want to reserve already so I can preplan my days.Yes I micromanage everything 😅 Also I heard there is a possibility there will be no overnight que if so with that,a combination of the reservation system, and my rotten luck I will end up not getting in to any the big panels 😭

Anyone else feeling anxious about this years reservations? Last time it was a nightmare and I didnt get any of my top panels.
Last time it was first come, first served once you got out of the randomized waiting room which meant the lucky few who got through first snagged up all the best reservations. This time it sounds like (fingers crossed) they are using an SDCC-style lottery where you submit all your top picks and there is a lottery from amongst all the submissions, which seems like a much more fair way to distribute the popular reservations.
Also I heard there is a possibility there will be no overnight que if so with that,a combination of the reservation system, and my rotten luck I will end up not getting in to any the big panels
They said "no overnight queuing" for the last expo too, but that didn't stop unofficial queues from forming and D23 having to accommodate those people anyway. So unless they say no overnights and actually enforce it on Friday, there will probably still be people attempting it for Saturday.

Anyone else feeling anxious about this years reservations? Last time it was a nightmare and I didnt get any of my top panels. (Not even gonna mention Shoppass 😒) I just want to reserve already so I can preplan my days.Yes I micromanage everything 😅 Also I heard there is a possibility there will be no overnight que if so with that,a combination of the reservation system, and my rotten luck I will end up not getting in to any the big panels 😭
I’m with you…. I just want to start planning. Plus, I’m wondering what the hold up is on telling us who the Legends will be? Even once they announce them, it doesn’t mean they will be in attendance. Just would like to know who they are honoring this year….

Last time it was first come, first served once you got out of the randomized waiting room which meant the lucky few who got through first snagged up all the best reservations. This time it sounds like (fingers crossed) they are using an SDCC-style lottery where you submit all your top picks and there is a lottery from amongst all the submissions, which seems like a much more fair way to distribute the popular reservations.

They said "no overnight queuing" for the last expo too, but that didn't stop unofficial queues from forming and D23 having to accommodate those people anyway. So unless they say no overnights and actually enforce it on Friday, there will probably still be people attempting it for Saturday.
I was just thinking theyd actually enforce it this time because of covid. I heard there was no overnight during Star Wars Celebration which I know is different but its the same venue.

More info on how the virtual queues and mobile checkout will work for expo shopping: https://d23.com/how-to-shop-at-d23-expo-2022/

They've mentioned StorePass in previous announcements, so I'm assuming this is in addition to store reservations for select limited edition items.

ETA: Just saw this update under Things to Know. We now have reservation dates!
https://d23.com/d23-expo-2022/things-to-know/

Upcoming key dates:

• 8/14, 11:59 p.m. PT – Last day to transfer your additional guest badges to family and friends.
  • 8/15, 12:00 p.m. PT – The Reservation Random Selection Process opens! You have a week to choose and rank your preferences.
  • 8/22, 12:00 p.m. PT – The Reservation Random Selection Process closes. Reservations will be granted a week later.

More info on how the virtual queues and mobile checkout will work for expo shopping: https://d23.com/how-to-shop-at-d23-expo-2022/

They've mentioned StorePass in previous announcements, so I'm assuming this is in addition to store reservations for select limited edition items.

ETA: Just saw this update under Things to Know. We now have reservation dates!
https://d23.com/d23-expo-2022/things-to-know/

Upcoming key dates:

• 8/14, 11:59 p.m. PT – Last day to transfer your additional guest badges to family and friends.
  • 8/15, 12:00 p.m. PT – The Reservation Random Selection Process opens! You have a week to choose and rank your preferences.
  • 8/22, 12:00 p.m. PT – The Reservation Random Selection Process closes. Reservations will be granted a week later.
Thanks for the information. I wish it didnt take that long for the reservations to be set. Its basically one week to plan one week for them to choose. So we wont know anything until at least the 29th. :( Also Im guessing theres no que for the Disney Store since its not on the list?

Thanks for the information. I wish it didnt take that long for the reservations to be set. Its basically one week to plan one week for them to choose. So we wont know anything until at least the 29th. :( Also Im guessing theres no que for the Disney Store since its not on the list?
The expo marketplace I believe is the combined dream and Disney stores from past expos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter