D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Hey y'all. A heads up that during the SW convention we had many folks talk about not getting notifications they got into a panel, but it showed up in a subsequent email. Basically there was a lot of communication/system issues. I don't know if D23 is using the same platform, so there may not be the same issues- but just in case make sure to double check multiple forms of communication methods. (At least until the reports come in from the first day.) Hope you have a great con!

Hey y'all. A heads up that during the SW convention we had many folks talk about not getting notifications they got into a panel, but it showed up in a subsequent email. Basically there was a lot of communication/system issues. I don't know if D23 is using the same platform, so there may not be the same issues- but just in case make sure to double check multiple forms of communication methods. (At least until the reports come in from the first day.) Hope you have a great con!
Thanks for the heads up

I think some people don't receive emails from D23. Hopefully, they are getting emails about badges, which means they might get emails about reservations. Also, I wonder if it will be in the app somewhere too. Being able to type in your badge number into a website to see your reservations would be very nice.

Whoa, just saw this beauty might be available for purchase:
Screenshot_20220901-221620.png
I've wanted a Mickey watch for a while! But it's got to be solar so I don't have to deal with changing a battery... If so, there goes my money!

So… as a first time attendee, any ideas which of the shopping experiences I should be trying to queue for first? I like exclusive Imagineering sort of stuff and have a large pin collection so I’m imaging I’m aiming towards Mickeys of Glendale or one of the pin options? I can’t get much from the store descriptions unfortunately… I think there was supposed to be an article that told more about each store?

Not a morning person but I guess setting an alarm for 5:55 to queue and then rolling over afterwards won’t suck.

We’re supposed to find out about panel reservations tomorrow right? So I’ll either be really happy (Marvel panel) or really annoyed (Marvel panel).

So… as a first time attendee, any ideas which of the shopping experiences I should be trying to queue for first? I like exclusive Imagineering sort of stuff and have a large pin collection so I’m imaging I’m aiming towards Mickeys of Glendale or one of the pin options? I can’t get much from the store descriptions unfortunately… I think there was supposed to be an article that told more about each store?

Not a morning person but I guess setting an alarm for 5:55 to queue and then rolling over afterwards won’t suck.

We’re supposed to find out about panel reservations tomorrow right? So I’ll either be really happy (Marvel panel) or really annoyed (Marvel panel).
So the MOG shop is split in 2. The pins are on their own and that’s usually the hardest shop to get into since it’s so small.

There have been some previews going around from the summer pin event showing which pins would be in the MOG pin store, and on which day. Lots of folks on Instagram, specifically - speedy_pin_trader has a post with the pins and dates.

Another reason why the lines were so long last year is folks were checking pins for flaws at the cash register and taking time to exchange them before they purchased. With limited space, registers, and each buyer taking soooo long, the line was molasses. Not sure if they'll change procedures this year to improve it.

The preview/line experience kind of helped me decide that I'd rather go to the main MOG store (Imagineering branded items - my Imagineering hoodie is one of my favorite possessions!) or the new Mickey’s of Glendale x D23 Expo Shop which may have ride-based merch (usually shirts, mugs, art, etc.). No idea what will be in the Marketplace or the Marketplace limited edition annex. Usually by now they have the event branded stuff released - spirit jerseys, tees, etc. I wonder if they're waiting until next week to do a rush of info?

There have been some previews going around from the summer pin event showing which pins would be in the MOG pin store, and on which day. Lots of folks on Instagram, specifically - speedy_pin_trader has a post with the pins and dates.

Another reason why the lines were so long last year is folks were checking pins for flaws at the cash register and taking time to exchange them before they purchased. With limited space, registers, and each buyer taking soooo long, the line was molasses. Not sure if they'll change procedures this year to improve it.

The preview/line experience kind of helped me decide that I'd rather go to the main MOG store (Imagineering branded items - my Imagineering hoodie is one of my favorite possessions!) or the new Mickey’s of Glendale x D23 Expo Shop which may have ride-based merch (usually shirts, mugs, art, etc.). No idea what will be in the Marketplace or the Marketplace limited edition annex. Usually by now they have the event branded stuff released - spirit jerseys, tees, etc. I wonder if they're waiting until next week to do a rush of info?
Here's a video link to previewing the pins that will be offered:

Just go my email. Got 3 panels that I really wanted - Sounds Delightful on Friday, Marty Sklar on Saturday and Duffy on Sunday. Didn't get any Hall D23's, Talent Passes or Show Floor Experiences. At least I got 3 that I wanted, one for each day, and will stand in line for a few others. Hope it works out for you all.

Didn’t get what I wanted for the smaller panels. Probably going to standby for the few I wanted to see the most.

Just go my email. Got 3 panels that I really wanted - Sounds Delightful on Friday, Marty Sklar on Saturday and Duffy on Sunday. Didn't get any Hall D23's, Talent Passes or Show Floor Experiences. At least I got 3 that I wanted, one for each day, and will stand in line for a few others. Hope it works out for you all.
Congrats on getting 3 panels. Just curious ….We’re the ones you received your #1 and/or #2 choices for the small stages for each day?

I saw this in the email but I don't see arrival time deadlines in my selections - anyone else have actual arrival time deadlines showing?

• If you were assigned a StagePass reservation, please check for the arrival time deadline noted below. If you do not arrive by the deadline, your place may be given away to a Guest from the standby queue.

For reference I got my last picks for Friday and Saturday for the smaller stages and didn’t get anything for Sunday. I did not get any of my show floor or talent picks.

Likely going to standby the 70 years of imagineering after the parks panel. And standby the Walt’s plane and Florida project panels.

I saw this in the email but I don't see arrival time deadlines in my selections - anyone else have actual arrival time deadlines showing?

• If you were assigned a StagePass reservation, please check for the arrival time deadline noted below. If you do not arrive by the deadline, your place may be given away to a Guest from the standby queue.
If it’s like prior years it’s usually 30 minutes before.

No times on my email. Ha, oh Disney. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter