D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Still waiting for mine. Yahoo is slow and sucky.

EDIT: It's actually D23 that's slow. My Amazon order confirmation came instantaneously. Not surprised.

Last edited:
So apparently my cousin and I really lucked out. He got all Hall D23 panels for his reservations. I got one Hall D23 and two Premiere Stage panels. Between the two of us we got Legends and Studio Showcase on Friday, Muppets and Epic Experiences on Saturday, and Princess Concert and Conversations with Characters on Sunday. I feel very spoiled since this is my first D23.

Do panels tend to run over or do they usually end on time?
Also, you need to get there before starting time for all panels. If you have a reservation, that's only guaranteed up to a certain time, 30 minutes before I think.

Do panels tend to run over or do they usually end on time?
Christian Milan, who has been posting excellent daily YouTube videos leading up to the Expo, said that panels can run overtime and that it can take up to 30 minutes to exit Hall D23 if you're near the front of the stage. So don't expect to leave Hall D23 for a panel that ends at 12 Noon and get to where you're going to quickly.

For a first time person going to this event, This really sucks as all my choices are at the end of the day when I wanted to go to the parks. I got no main presentations the only reason I am going. Just might as well stay home and watch it now. I didn’t want to pay to stand in a line. That is what the parks are for. The bladheaded fat guy running Disney now needs to go. He is running the place into the ground and ruining my Disney experience. Seriously thinking of sell my dvc membership canceling d23 gold and not speniding anymore money. The whole process of doing anything at Disney now is mentally draining and is not fun anymore.

Questions from a total novice (for Sunday):

I'm considering skipping the Parks panel and hitting smaller stuff all day.

The schedule for Sunday lines up nicely if I do that (basically every other hour): Don Hahn, Tron, Animation Treasures, Ambassadors, WDW Book.

1) Are the standby lines for the smaller panels particularly long? Obviously hard to predict, but would the above schedule make any sense - is an hour between panels enough?

2) Do they clear out the rooms after each panel, or can we hang around for the next one? (I'm assuming they clear everything out.)

2) If I skip the Parks panel, would I still need to show up astronomically early to get into the venue? Or do they split off the Hall D23 line from everything else?

Questions from a total novice (for Sunday):

I'm considering skipping the Parks panel and hitting smaller stuff all day.

The schedule for Sunday lines up nicely if I do that (basically every other hour): Don Hahn, Tron, Animation Treasures, Ambassadors, WDW Book.

1) Are the standby lines for the smaller panels particularly long? Obviously hard to predict, but would the above schedule make any sense - is an hour between panels enough?

2) Do they clear out the rooms after each panel, or can we hang around for the next one? (I'm assuming they clear everything out.)

2) If I skip the Parks panel, would I still need to show up astronomically early to get into the venue? Or do they split off the Hall D23 line from everything else?
They clear the room. And possibly yes because if you are not going to the hall they still have holding rooms for the show floor after you get through security.

I'm seeing people on Twitter that got only giveaways - it really was random.
I guess that is the thing about being random...the chances of us both getting into the same two extremely popular ones AND the same random smaller one is infinitesimally small ... but not zero. Lucky him I suppose.. now he won't have to go to one just so I can be his guest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter