D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Now that I know I wasn't selected to get into any big or early panels on Friday, I'm considering trying to get into one of the shops. I'll definitely try the reservation at 6am; but if I were to show up at 4:30 or 5 and get in a line, how has that worked in the past? Do they mark the line well and does it hold its integrity until open? Which one has the most Parks/Imagineering stuff? I'm not huge into pins, though it would be nice to pick SOMETHING exclusive up as my parents like those.

Now that I know I wasn't selected to get into any panels on Friday, I'm considering trying to get into one of the shops. I'll definitely try the reservation at 6am; but if I were to show up at 4:30 or 5 and get in a line, how has that worked in the past? Do they mark the line well and does it hold its integrity until open? Which one has the most Parks/Imagineering stuff? I'm not huge into pins, though it would be nice to pick SOMETHING exclusive up as my parents like those.
Usually they put you into long lane queues either in the hall e basement where they also have the waiting areas for the hall d23 panels and they use the basement of the north building. They will bring people in to enter based on who showed up first. There are bathrooms to use in both basements and I made friends with the people around to me to hold spots to use the bathroom etc. And for merch it sounds like you will want the regular MOG shop.

Usually they put you into long lane queues either in the hall e basement where they also have the waiting areas for the hall d23 panels and they use the basement of the north building. They will bring people in to enter based on who showed up first. There are bathrooms to use in both basements and I made friends with the people around to me to hold spots to use the bathroom etc. And for merch it sounds like you will want the regular MOG shop.
Thank you so much! You're right about making friends... it is just me, so hopefully the folks around me are friendly and will let me back in! :)

For the Sorcerer RSP, they always explained it like this:
Item #1 (say a Mickey Funko) has x number of pieces (320). Once they go through all the people that put it as their #1 item - if they still have some left over, they start with all the people that put it as their #2 item. It's maddening to think about when you scale up the process by *thousands*. I'm fascinated by it.

It's totally computerized, which is why we're seeing some people get all their first choices and people getting something they ranked last, why people got all Talent Pass and nothing else. There will be plenty of standby lines and also...lots of chatter about everything online. ;)

Now that I know I wasn't selected to get into any big or early panels on Friday, I'm considering trying to get into one of the shops. I'll definitely try the reservation at 6am; but if I were to show up at 4:30 or 5 and get in a line, how has that worked in the past? Do they mark the line well and does it hold its integrity until open? Which one has the most Parks/Imagineering stuff? I'm not huge into pins, though it would be nice to pick SOMETHING exclusive up as my parents like those.
I'll be trying for MOG too!

In terms of holding integrity, lines are pretty good until the doors open. That said, IDK how the general show floor line was initially organized. Sorcerers were told to queue in a certain Hall for a certain store. Not sure if they're giving us (everyone) that option this year, or if that's too many lines to manage?

In 2019, entry was a [bleep]show with folks running and a colliding queue at the MOG pin store at 9 AM. All the doors were opened at once, which didn't help things. I'm hoping they learned from that debacle, and folks will be walked back to queues through a smaller entrance. Not sure how that would work exactly, but there's got to be a better way.

Just preparing for the worst like the 50th day 1 debacles at wdw. As the computer systems will break down and no one will know what to do with out their little pads.

I'm hoping they learned from that debacle, and folks will be walked back to queues through a smaller entrance. Not sure how that would work exactly, but there's got to be a better way.
It did sound like they PLAN to do it this way this year, but I suppose we'll see Friday. Guess we are guinea pigs since we'll be doing it first! :laughing:

Just wish we knew what might be released later and which items really are Expo exclusive…
Usually any merch that’s in MOG that’s leftover goes back to MOG after the expo. I bought a bunch of discounted MOG merch from the 2019 expo at the d23 shopping day in December 2019. So if you have cm friends or go on a backstage magic ABD you can shop that stuff after expo.

I know the dapper dans pops from the dream store ended up in the parks last time.

Maybe they should try to do genie + at the expo. since that debacle is still a work in progress. monetize the standby queues

Hey guys so I opened up my D23 expo confirmation email today and I got not one not 2 but 3 pixar balls! 😆 So let me start off by saying yes I did want a pixar ball so I set up one per day and thats exactly what I got one selection for each day. Now the irony is that since time slots were not given for giveaways every single one of my pixar ball giveaway slots takes place during a panel that I am going to. So no pixar ball for me unfortunately 😅 Hope to see my fellow standby buddies in hall E! 🥲

Pretty popular panels though, you can probably swap with some people.

I'm starting to think everyone got Muppets but me.

View attachment 699212

Nope, I'm right there with you. Number 1 choice on both my pass and my mom's and didn't get it. I'm super sad since that was the one panel the whole weekend I really wanted to go to. Standby for my mom and me it is I guess because that's not one I want to miss :confused3 . At least I got Duffy I guess. I also got a Simpsons duplicate lol

Not sure how all my outfits will fit, but Princess Kida does and is ready for Expo ...

View attachment 699243

I wish it was this easy to pack my cat Riley for the trip lol. She's going to see the bags come out and know it's road trip time again and hide at the last moment when I need to load her in the car 😂

Omg just saw the merchandise 😱 any other doll collectors freaking out right now? Anybody? Just me? Giselle is stunning omg. They are all very detailed my wallet is hurting right now.

I'm Sunday only and all I got was a Pixar giveaway slot. So I'll be roaming around figuring out standby queues for sure! It's my first D23 so I'm excited regardless!
That's the spirit!
I wish it was this easy to pack my cat Riley for the trip lol. She's going to see the bags come out and know it's road trip time again and hide at the last moment when I need to load her in the car 😂
Wow, your kitty goes on road trip with you? How cool! Our old guy can't stand long car rides

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter