• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

They updated the Planning Your Day part of the things to know page with arrival times for the panels.
https://d23expo.com/things-to-know

StagePass reservations guarantees entry to sessions at Hall D23, the Premiere Stage, the Backlot Stage, the Walt Disney Archives Stage, and the Hyperion Stage. Seating is filled on a first-come, first-served basis in general seating areas. StagePass reservations are not assigned to a specific seat. If you are assigned a StagePass reservation, please check for the arrival time noted below. If you do not arrive on time, your seat may be given away to a guest from the standby queue.

For Hall D23, arrive at the Hall D23 queue in Hall E to check in for StagePass at least one (1) hour prior to the start of the presentation. In the morning, allow time for parking and security screening. When you enter the event, let staff know that you have a StagePass for Hall D23 so you may be directed to Hall E to check in.

For the Premiere Stage, arrive at the Premiere Stage queue at North 200 at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.

For the Backlot Stage, arrive at the Backlot Stage queue on the 3rd Floor at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.

Walt Disney Archives Stage: For the Walt Disney Archives Stage, arrive at the Walt Disney Archives Stage queue on the 2nd Floor at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.

For the Hyperion Stage, arrive at the Hyperion Stage queue on the 2nd Floor at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.

Please note:

• A valid, activated D23 Expo adult badge is required to check in for a reservation. Children under the age of 16 are unable to make reservations, but can accompany an adult as their designated guest.
  • All reservations are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
  • If you do not arrive by the time specified prior to your reservation, your place will be filled by standby guests.
  • If you are assigned a StagePass reservation, please check for the arrival time noted in your confirmation email. If you do not arrive on time, your place may be given away to a guest from the standby queue.
  • If you are assigned a Talent Photo reservation: If the spacing between talent and guest is 6’ or MORE, guests may remove masks while taking their photo. If the spacing between talent and guest is LESS than 6’, guests must REMAIN masked.
  • If you are assigned a Talent Signing reservation: Guests will not be allowed to hand items for signature directly to Talent. They will be received by a staff member and handed back to the guest once signing is completed.
  • Masks will be available in areas where they are required. Areas where masks are required for all guests will be clearly marked and enforced. Those who refuse to wear a mask will be asked to leave the area. Signage will be present at the event regarding masking and symptoms.

It’s all in one building except the premiere stage but you get there from the 2nd floor of the main building.
I went to Destination D last year and there wasn't all that much outside of the hall where the panels took place. This is so huge by comparison, there's so much just on the show floor.

We're actually about to go to the airport. Starting the trip by visiting San Francisco and will start driving down Tuesday to arrive in Anaheim Thursday evening. So excited!

I went to Destination D last year and there wasn't all that much outside of the hall where the panels took place. This is so huge by comparison, there's so much just on the show floor.

We're actually about to go to the airport. Starting the trip by visiting San Francisco and will start driving down Tuesday to arrive in Anaheim Thursday evening. So excited!
Yes, that’s true. The main show floor is one gigantic room. It’s multiple halls that are completely open.

Are you going to the Walt Disney Family Museum while in SF?

I had to print up the map in 4 sections in order to have a readable copy. Already begun planning out each day so that I can have a (relatively speaking) relaxing and enjoyable experience rather than a frenzied, forgettable one. Fingers crossed.

Yes, that’s true. The main show floor is one gigantic room. It’s multiple halls that are completely open.

Are you going to the Walt Disney Family Museum while in SF?
I wish! I was trying to get DH into it (we're both Disney fans but I'm the bigger fan) but the website didn't do enough of a good job selling it, I guess. Since we're doing so much Disney at the end of the week, I didn't press on about the museum. We're going hiking north of SF instead 😉

I wish! I was trying to get DH into it (we're both Disney fans but I'm the bigger fan) but the website didn't do enough of a good job selling it, I guess. Since we're doing so much Disney at the end of the week, I didn't press on about the museum. We're going hiking north of SF instead 😉
Bummer. It’s a wonderful musuem. I was there last weekend to see the Jungle Book exhibit they have going on right now.

Wow, your kitty goes on road trip with you? How cool! Our old guy can't stand long car rides

Yup! She's been coming with us on Disney trips since December 2014 (she was 6 at the time). It's partially for my sanity and partially for her safety. Boarding her did not work out well nor did having a sitter.

And now my 14 year old cat is on daily medication and a prescription diet so it's just easier at this point 🙃. She'll take her pills from me with little complaint and I don't have to worry.

She hates the car ride 😂. But loves the hotel stay.

You're going to the Disney Family Museum yes 👀? Also stay in SF. Rest of the Bay has several 100+ days coming up, but SF should be downright fantastic weather wise.

Edit: just saw you aren't! Noooo, it's REALLY a good museum. There's still time to change plans!

Has everyone gotten their emails? I don’t see mine yet.
I haven't gotten mine either. It's not in spam, trash, inbox, or my other email account. I did search for all D23. I guess they are still coming.

I haven't gotten mine either. It's not in spam, trash, inbox, or my other email account. I did search for all D23. I guess they are still coming.
Thanks. I’m getting panicked that I screwed up my submissions. Like didn’t hit continue and the last step. There’s some mention we should get an email confirming our selections and I don’t see any such email when searching. Did people get a confirmation email of selections and if so from what address?

Sigh. I’m going to be so frustrated if I screwed this up especially since I didn’t go back in during the week to confirm they were there like I planned to do.

Thanks. I’m getting panicked that I screwed up my submissions. Like didn’t hit continue and the last step. There’s some mention we should get an email confirming our selections and I don’t see any such email when searching. Did people get a confirmation email of selections and if so from what address?

Sigh. I’m going to be so frustrated if I screwed this up especially since I didn’t go back in during the week to confirm they were there like I planned to do.
I did get confirmation every time I made a change, yes. They all came from confirmation@d23expo.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter