• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Since there are 5 entrances, is there a better entrance to arrive at 4:30am for the standby line for Hall 23?
No way to tell. They didn’t have this many entrances last time. I assume the main fountain/front entrance could be the best one, but it might also be the most crowded.

No way to tell. They didn’t have this many entrances last time. I assume the main fountain/front entrance could be the best one, but it might also be the most crowded.
This. Last time I only remember the main and katella entrances. Katella was the one that was open for early morning lineups.

It seems that while we don’t have a lot of specific information at this point…Disney seems to have spent some time thinking about logistics of moving people in.

I’m cautiously optimistic but I’m still expecting a complete cluster…lowered expectations and all that.

Re: Food and drink - officially the communications say only for health/infant reasons. So bring it and expect it to be tossed. That way you won’t be surprised with either outcome. I’m bringing a water bottle to fill and a small kids bottle to toss, if asked while waiting. Going to be still warm this weekend.

You need to allow enough time to get into the building through the bag search, metal detectors, and badge scan. Friday is more of an unknown. Sometimes it’s not long, maybe 30 minutes to an hour, but some years it has taken 3 hours. It’s hard to tell what will happen this year.
Thank you! I don’t have anything early on Friday so I’ll get there around 7ish which will give me an idea for the next two days.

So have they had the app for past expos? It seems so useless right now as everything says "More information coming soon!", there's no map in there or anything. I'm used to convention/trade show apps being a little more useful than this. Will they still load this info or is the app something of an afterthought that they never really fill out?

Second question- is there usually a giveaway for the Legends ceremony? If so what has it been in the past?

So have they had the app for past expos? It seems so useless right now as everything says "More information coming soon!", there's no map in there or anything. I'm used to convention/trade show apps being a little more useful than this. Will they still load this info or is the app something of an afterthought that they never really fill out?

Second question- is there usually a giveaway for the Legends ceremony? If so what has it been in the past?
Yes. They’ve had the app since at least 2015. It should end up getting more filled out.

Some of my favorite experiences are things I wasn’t 100% on that turned out awesome!

Anything Archives driven, panels on smaller shows or projects, etc.!

Exactly. I was trying to get into a smaller panel a couple of expos ago. I don't even remember what it was now, but I thought I really wanted it. I lined up, but didn't get in. In another room upstairs, they were lining up for a panel about It's a Small World. I thought I'd give that one a try. It turned out that Richard Sherman, Alice Davis, and others who had worked on the ride were in that panel. They all talked about working on IASM and what it was like working with Walt. At the end, Richard Sherman led the whole room in singing It's a Small World After All. I'll never forget that experience and I almost missed it for something that wasn't even important enough for me to remember.

Since there are 5 entrances, is there a better entrance to arrive at 4:30am for the standby line for Hall 23?
There are suppose to be 3 lines: The central entrance into Hall B is the fountain line, to the left end is the line for Hall D23 and the far right is the line for the Arena and Hall A.

What email address are you emailing?

I got no email either. I also didn’t get any confirmation email for my selection. Makes me think it never saved to begin with. Sigh.
I got an email back that they have no record of me submitting a reservation. I honestly can’t be 100% sure I hit the final confirm button so it’s on me..

Oh well. Lots of line waiting for me. I’d feel better if I knew exactly how/when/where to be for the Marvel panel standby - I know it’s Hall E but how to get there with an ECV from likely a crazy 4:30am rush is making me nervous.

There are suppose to be 3 lines: The central entrance into Hall B is the fountain line, to the left end is the line for Hall D23 and the far right is the line for the Arena and Hall A.
Where are we seeing this map of the five entrances? And you mention three lines?

So does the line for Hall D23 go downstairs to Hall E somehow? Worried about having to get out of a line to use an elevator to get my ECV down.

I got an email back that they have no record of me submitting a reservation. I honestly can’t be 100% sure I hit the final confirm button so it’s on me..

Oh well. Lots of line waiting for me. I’d feel better if I knew exactly how/when/where to be for the Marvel panel standby - I know it’s Hall E but how to get there with an ECV from likely a crazy 4:30am rush is making me nervous.
FYI, if you did submit, you should have gotten a confirmation email titled "D23 Expo 2022 Reservation Selections"

Where are we seeing this map of the five entrances? And you mention three lines?

So does the line for Hall D23 go downstairs to Hall E somehow? Worried about having to get out of a line to use an elevator to get my ECV down.
The map is under Show Entry at the link below for entrances. It talks some about the lines as well but not in the detail mentioned above so not sure where that info is from.
D23 Guest Tips

The map is under Show Entry at the link below for entrances. It talks some about the lines as well but not in the detail mentioned above so not sure where that info is from.
D23 Guest Tips
I've been watching the YouTube videos of Christian Milano that he has been doing on a daily basis. He's been answering questions and giving great information leading up to the Expo. That's where you can learn about lines, shopping tips and what times to get on lines even if you don't have an advanced reservation. That's where I learned about the line to the Hall D23 events. Regarding ECV's, hopefully staff outside of the Convention Center can let you know how to enter various areas.

There are suppose to be 3 lines: The central entrance into Hall B is the fountain line, to the left end is the line for Hall D23 and the far right is the line for the Arena and Hall A
Forgive my Expo newbie question-- so it looks like standby lines for D23 panels (at least for the Studio Showcase ones) are outdoors? So it means we're pretty much sitting or standing in the sun?

Thanks. So for all stages including Hall D23, standy queues are pretty much indoors?
Yes. The only time you’ll likely be outside is if you are outside of security. I’m assuming that they will use the north basement again for overflow holding. The used a portion of the hall e basement for the show floor for the first people that showed up in the morning before using the north hall basement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter