• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Yes. The only time you’ll likely be outside is if you are outside of security. I’m assuming that they will use the north basement again for overflow holding. The used a portion of the hall e basement for the show floor for the first people that showed up in the morning before using the north hall basement.
for anyone that has never been to the expo before, where is the basement located?

I've been watching the YouTube videos of Christian Milano that he has been doing on a daily basis. He's been answering questions and giving great information leading up to the Expo. That's where you can learn about lines, shopping tips and what times to get on lines even if you don't have an advanced reservation. That's where I learned about the line to the Hall D23 events. Regarding ECV's, hopefully staff outside of the Convention Center can let you know how to enter various areas.
I started watching his videos last night and found them to be very helpful!

FYI if you are looking at private transportation from airport to hotel now would be the best time to submit those requests. I was looking at them last week but didn't submit thinking they would still have spots. That was not the case today lol. I got an email saying they were booked. Feel free to let me know of any companies that are great to use. I don't really want to use a taxi, or uber/lyft.

Yes. The only time you’ll likely be outside is if you are outside of security. I’m assuming that they will use the north basement again for overflow holding. The used a portion of the hall e basement for the show floor for the first people that showed up in the morning before using the north hall basement.

Although here’s a fun thing - I was checking the long term forecast and there’s a decent chance of rain in the early morning (5am to 2pm) on Saturday. Which is right when hundreds (thousands?) of people will be waiting outside the arena to queue up for the Marvel panel. Gonna be lovely if they don’t let people queue overnight indoors to “keep them healthy” and then you have hundreds of people in a downpour at 4:30am outside.

I’m already thinking I need to get a few extra cheap parkas to cover an ECV if it starts raining. The weather is just going to make this all fun.

At least it should be over and cool things down for Oogie Boogie.

Is there a meet up set for sure? We arrive Thursday lunchtime, .... Please send me a message on FB, Instagram too.
Annette
Hey there! and Howdy DISers!
Since I don't use FB or Instagram, I started a thread to help coordinate meet-ups during D23 weekend. Y'all please feel welcome to use it to post if you're going to be in an area and want to meet up. It's all very informal and unofficial. (Similar to the meet-ups we do during DIScon, etc.) Looking forward to meeting other DISers, and especially the very lovely Ms. Annette, Lady of the Gentle Tea. :cutie:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d23-meet-up-thread.3895483/

Sorry for various questions but first timers! If we have reservations for Marvel panel, we do not need to join the line at 5am, correct? We would just show up at least an hour prior? (I think that is what someone said). If we do not have reservations for panels then we need to do the 5am line. For instance, we do not have Parks panel and really wanted that for Sun and that's a 10 or 10:30 start. Are the lines well marked such as this is the line for standby and this is for reservations? ANY guidance is appreciated!

Sorry for various questions but first timers! If we have reservations for Marvel panel, we do not need to join the line at 5am, correct? We would just show up at least an hour prior? (I think that is what someone said). If we do not have reservations for panels then we need to do the 5am line. For instance, we do not have Parks panel and really wanted that for Sun and that's a 10 or 10:30 start. Are the lines well marked such as this is the line for standby and this is for reservations? ANY guidance is appreciated!
Correct for marvel, but I still recommend arriving earlier than an hour because of security. If it’s like last time the lines are well marked down in the basement. You’ll check in with staff and be given a wristband based on which line your in.

Do you care about what seating you get? (Where in the room you will be?) If you do care about seating, then arriving as early as you feel is possible for you will be more beneficial than arriving later. I'm not sure about D23, but other conventions do have separate lines for reservations and for standby. For those wanting to do stand-by, and you REALLY want to get in, then arriving as early as they allow the queue to form is best. That said, I have seen panels that didn't even open the standby line at all, because the reservations completely filled the room.

I appreciate this stuff about lines might be hard to hear considering the cost and time it takes for a large-media-convention like this. It's why I tend to prefer fan run cons, but usually go to giant media cons because I'm either doing booth duty and/or seeing friends that I only get to see when they travel for these big media cons.

Do you care about what seating you get? (Where in the room you will be?) If you do care about seating, then arriving as early as you feel is possible for you will be more beneficial than arriving later. I'm not sure about D23, but other conventions do have separate lines for reservations and for standby. For those wanting to do stand-by, and you REALLY want to get in, then arriving as early as they allow the queue to form is best. That said, I have seen panels that didn't even open the standby line at all, because the reservations completely filled the room.

I appreciate this stuff about lines might be hard to hear considering the cost and time it takes for a large-media-convention like this. It's why I tend to prefer fan run cons, but usually go to giant media cons because I'm either doing booth duty and/or seeing friends that I only get to see when they travel for these big media cons.
At least for D23 in 2019 all panels had seats for standby. They did not give out reservations for the entire room.

Not to confuse or infuriate anyone even more, but sometimes people who arrive later than you get better seats, so be prepared for that. Sometimes they do the seating really weird. I waited hours for the Disney+ panel and while we were closer to the stage, we were really far off to one side.

Just try to be like Crush and go with the flow (if any of my friends see this post they will laugh because I am about the farthest opposite of Crush than someone can get).

At least for D23 in 2019 all panels had seats for standby. They did not give out reservations for the entire room.

Not all standbys were let in to all panels. Some of the smaller ones, not Hall D23, did turn away standbys. Ask me how I know :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter