D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Haunted Mansion and then another upstairs, but I think the small one up there didn’t have a gold line. HM was just messed up though.
It seems like haunted mansion had its own issues. I thought the smallest stage last time was archives which did have a gold line.

It seems like haunted mansion had its own issues. I thought the smallest stage last time was archives which did have a gold line.
OMG…. That Haunted Mansion panel queueing was the worst one ever…. First off… who thinks that having the queue area in the same place as the exit with not much time between panels was going to be a good idea? 😬…. When security arrived and asked people to leave and they didn’t….the poor guy looked visibly scared. It was a mess …

Oh man as much as i want to purchase pins, i don't thinknits feasible with time with a preferred pass.

I also tried emailing them again about water bottles but they said nope. I can't believe they are not gonna bend rules on a heat wave as well as possible blackouts in certain areas. If there is a feedback form on this expo I will definitely respond back. Like I dont want to go and refill from a water fountain or pay and arm and a leg for bottle. You betcha if i leave and come back im gonna show them a receipt of the water bottle I purchased inside then.

Oh man as much as i want to purchase pins, i don't thinknits feasible with time with a preferred pass.

I also tried emailing them again about water bottles but they said nope. I can't believe they are not gonna bend rules on a heat wave as well as possible blackouts in certain areas. If there is a feedback form on this expo I will definitely respond back. Like I dont want to go and refill from a water fountain or pay and arm and a leg for bottle. You betcha if i leave and come back im gonna show them a receipt of the water bottle I purchased inside then.
Unless I get a shopping VQ, I probably won’t try to get MOG pins. They will probably all be gone by the time I could get there anyway. Probably saved myself a lot of money.

I don't collect pins but do like to look at them. That Simpsons one is cute/funny!

My money will probably go to the Imagineering-branded merch or any hat or shirt I decide is cute. And I'm eyeing that Mickey watch by Citizen. Uh oh, DH is going to make faces at me as I grab merch to buy. Will have to get him something Muppets to make him an accomplice in my overspending 🤣

I don't collect pins but do like to look at them. That Simpsons one is cute/funny!

My money will probably go to the Imagineering-branded merch or any hat or shirt I decide is cute. And I'm eyeing that Mickey watch by Citizen. Uh oh, DH is going to make faces at me as I grab merch to buy. Will have to get him something Muppets to make him an accomplice in my overspending 🤣
I’m expecting most of my spending to be at MOG on t-shirts like last time.

I bought some cool t-shirts at MOG last time too. I am hoping to get in there, but I don’t know what will be left by the time I do. I think a friend is going to scope it out and buy stuff if anyone wants it. I did that last time at MOG. Most people were in the pin shop, so the line wasn’t very long,

I bought some cool t-shirts at MOG last time too. I am hoping to get in there, but I don’t know what will be left by the time I do. I think a friend is going to scope it out and buy stuff if anyone wants it. I did that last time at MOG. Most people were in the pin shop, so the line wasn’t very long,
I hope to dedicate Friday morning to shopping. Hopefully we get a VQ.

OMG…. That Haunted Mansion panel queueing was the worst one ever…. First off… who thinks that having the queue area in the same place as the exit with not much time between panels was going to be a good idea? 😬…. When security arrived and asked people to leave and they didn’t….the poor guy looked visibly scared. It was a mess …
And when the panel before was The Simpsons?! We were the second or third group to be let in to the HM event, and it was scary. We were pushed all the way up against the group ahead of us, all the while feeling the relentless pressure of mobs pushing us from behind.

Last edited:

A receipt won't make any difference if the security person doesn't think bottles of water should be allowed in. You might bring it in or not. Depends on who inspects your bag. We have a refillable bottle with a filter. It worked great at the last Expo.

Update on private cars from airport to hotel, never too late to submit a request. A few days ago my top pick told me unavailable, but I ended up submitting another request, and was able to get it today. Probably due to last minute cancelations. But never hurts to try

My merchandise wish was finally confirmed this morning, so now I have to to see what store it will be in...I have a theory, but it's just that...a theory. Ha!

I figure I will be standby for one of the stores for most of Friday, given my distrust of the app for the virtual queue.

My merchandise wish was finally confirmed this morning, so now I have to to see what store it will be in...I have a theory, but it's just that...a theory. Ha!

I figure I will be standby for one of the stores for most of Friday, given my distrust of the app for the virtual queue.
Merchandise wish?? How do u get that?

Merchandise wish?? How do u get that?

It was a bag from a specific company, they only confirmed there wouldn't be a collaberation with SHAG previously - not that they would or would not have something else at the Expo. This morning they finally confirmed that they would be there with one bag. ;) Still don't know exactly where, but baby steps forward!

Just boarded my flight to SNA. It’s getting real! :)

So for the shopping VQs how does it work if my first option I don’t get? Is there a chance to get a second option or will me trying to get MoG Pins and not getting it mean that all the other stores VQs fill up in those 15-30 seconds (or whatever)?

I honestly only want a few of the pins and otherwise I’m just looking for cool souvenirs. Not a Tshirt or bag person etc. Just unique little things. Oh and anything Sorcerer Mickey or Haunted Mansion. Lol.

Just boarded my flight to SNA. It’s getting real! :)

So for the shopping VQs how does it work if my first option I don’t get? Is there a chance to get a second option or will me trying to get MoG Pins and not getting it mean that all the other stores VQs fill up in those 15-30 seconds (or whatever)?

I honestly only want a few of the pins and otherwise I’m just looking for cool souvenirs. Not a Tshirt or bag person etc. Just unique little things. Oh and anything Sorcerer Mickey or Haunted Mansion. Lol.
We don't really know. This is the first year that they are doing this.

Update on private cars from airport to hotel, never too late to submit a request. A few days ago my top pick told me unavailable, but I ended up submitting another request, and was able to get it today. Probably due to last minute cancelations. But never hurts to try
Thanks for the information. Is this from SNA or LAX? We are flying into SNA and was hoping to just get an Uber/Lyft?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter