• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

It is 10:15 and we are in the basement (hall a?) with long lines not moving .. my group for MoG has been called… so i might be in the wrong place LOL

Anyone know where i can purchase a cable charger? I brought portable chargers and the cable i brought doest fit my phone

Basement floor line started to move around 910. We walked right into MOG. Kind of disappointed with the selection. Not much attraction merch.

Did the music emporium. Got a Susan Egan Hercules record for $25. Got my Tron backpack at the marketplace. Lorcan card pack (think they are gone now). Then got in our stage pass line for society of explorers and adventurers. Pretty good seats.

Off to a good start.

Attachments

• PXL_20220909_172546086.jpg
    PXL_20220909_172546086.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2
I agree… I was so excited for MoG and only ended up with one shirt…. Meanwhile at the expo booth I nabbed a ton of great things. How bad is it to get into boxed lunch..? They have some cute things too looks like from the snippets of that video I watched.

I agree… I was so excited for MoG and only ended up with one shirt…. Meanwhile at the expo booth I nabbed a ton of great things. How bad is it to get into boxed lunch..? They have some cute things too looks like from the snippets of that video I watched.
I got a WDI hat a shirt and DH got a Muppets Tshirt. But yeah, I actually thought they had more stuff last year at Destination D, so that's surprising. Looking forward to Expo Marketplace in a few minutes

Are any of the stores with virtual queues running standby lines at all? Sitting here waiting for my MoG pins group for the next hour or two and figure I could at least wait in a line for a different one. But the show floor ones seem to be virtual only.

Are any of the stores with virtual queues running standby lines at all? Sitting here waiting for my MoG pins group for the next hour or two and figure I could at least wait in a line for a different one. But the show floor ones seem to be virtual only.
I don't think so.

I have asked 3 staff around here and nobody knew the answer. Hoping someone here does. Where do I go for rideshare pickup?

Scored a decent virtual queue for the Marketplace but headed over to the ACC at 6:30am anyway.

No wait for security, it was amazing! Was funneled into Hall E to wait, so I wasn’t stuck outside. They moved us around 9:20am due to congestion upstairs and then we ended up in C instead of A, but I swerved and headed to A once inside.

I was able to see Step in Time and the Voluntears pavilion with no crowds, then wandered over to the Marketplace. They still had a standby line before 10am, so I waited about 20 minutes and got in.

After spending too much, made a virtual reservation for the plane, saw that then got the members poser and visited the Emporium…all before 11:30sm!

However: it was hot and crowded. Eek!

Non-con update from those of us outside the "con bubble":
- Trader Sams.... Open Seating! Actually got to sit inside about 1pm. Open spaces available for about an hour. Magical!
- Rain! The feeder bands from Kay are coming through. Just light drizzle at the time of this posting. If you have to walk a decent ways tonight (Friday) you may want to think about a ride share.
- Ride Share: I gently suggest considering going to a hotel to call for your ride share. With the multiple exits form the convention center, your driver may not fully understand which one you're at. Going to the Hilton or Mariott will help increase your chances of your driver finding you. :) (Or If it's 8pm and you're at the Hilton come find other DISers to say hello!) https://www.disboards.com/threads/d23-meet-up-thread.3895483/

So what time are y’all heading over tomorrow..? I heard some chatter that there were outside lines to get in and then folks were still held in the basement until 10am or later..? So I might just do the same as today.

Soooo I underestimated how much space the 3 dolls I bought would take up. How much does the fedex hilton charge? Any other advice appreciated.I thought about buying another luggage but it literally only fits one.

So disappointed in mog, if i known main mog wasn't doing any expo stuff i would have skipped it and did the other vendor. I was so happy i got into marketplace after legends panel and was still able to get stuff I wanted. Only bad thing is one of the ears i got has a slight scoff on it. Receipt says all sales final so can't return or exchange, which is a bummer. I saw things low so quickly grabbed in case they weren't gonna restock. Ears will be on shopdisney on Monday at least for those wanting the other ears.

Soooo I underestimated how much space the 3 dolls I bought would take up. How much does the fedex hilton charge? Any other advice appreciated.I thought about buying another luggage but it literally only fits one.
Not sure what rate will be, but if u want to compare westin anaheim has a ups store.

So disappointed in mog, if i known main mog wasn't doing any expo stuff i would have skipped it and did the other vendor. I was so happy i got into marketplace after legends panel and was still able to get stuff I wanted. Only bad thing is one of the ears i got has a slight scoff on it. Receipt says all sales final so can't return or exchange, which is a bummer. I saw things low so quickly grabbed in case they weren't gonna restock. Ears will be on shopdisney on Monday at least for those wanting the other ears.
Ask them to exchange the item. I saw a tear on a shirt I got and they swapped it out for me. Now a scoff is not the same as a tear, but it's worth a try.

We want to the the panel at Archives (it's about Imagineering) in the morning and are thinking that's not going to be a super sought after. What time might be good to start lining up?

We want to the the panel at Archives (it's about Imagineering) in the morning and are thinking that's not going to be a super sought after. What time might be good to start lining up?
If it’s early you still need to get through security and people heading to the show floor so I still recommend showing up around 7am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter