• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

They already closed the line?!

Yeah. So from what I can gather from Twitter one of the security lines opened earlier than the others so those people got it.

I also heard the 216 wristbands. If I was more industrious I could walk the line and count but I'm super grumps right now.
I heard that they only had 216 wristbands to give out to the standby....the rest were for private invites, media, preferred, and the lottery.

So I’m in one huge line that is supposedly for literally everything but Marvel. Feels wrong.. is everyone else in the same boat? I was shooting for the archive stage (and not being stuck for hours outside trying to get in).

That's correct. You'll head to your line once they release us.

Thanks to everyone who posted so far from being on site. Your tips are helpful! The D23 app was cracking me up yesterday – push notifications all day long from the Expo…..while I’m at home on a regular work day! I’m Sunday only and heading to the airport this morning. Hoping to avoid any random Kay bands of rain while in transit once I land. I still can’t believe I snagged a Trader Sam’s reservation for tonight!

Thanks to everyone who posted so far from being on site. Your tips are helpful! The D23 app was cracking me up yesterday – push notifications all day long from the Expo…..while I’m at home on a regular work day! I’m Sunday only and heading to the airport this morning. Hoping to avoid any random Kay bands of rain while in transit once I land. I still can’t believe I snagged a Trader Sam’s reservation for tonight!
There have been SO MANY drops leading up to and during this weekend. They need a new system if people abuse it this hard. Very few BB and LLL ones which I also had alerts for.

Same. Although I think I only missed it by minutes. Very frustrating. If you say no queuing before 4:30, enforce it. Otherwise, don’t say it.

Oh well. Next time, I think I either win the Sorcerer / Preferred lottery up front or I think I just skip it. Everything is a line, which is fine, but when you get to the end of the line, there’s nothing left (panels or shopping). Event just doesn’t seem scaled right to the number of attendees.
Oh wow. You can't queue up for any panels at all now?

Hearing everyone’s stories is really making me anxious about getting into the Parks panel tomorrow. My initial plan was to get there around 5 AM and see how things were going, but if tomorrow is anything like today that’s just not going to cut it!

Hearing everyone’s stories is really making me anxious about getting into the Parks panel tomorrow. My initial plan was to get there around 5 AM and see how things were going, but if tomorrow is anything like today that’s just not going to cut it!
Sitting upstairs now and person next to me received a text from someone downstairs that they just made cutoff for main hall and they were in line at 3:25 if that helps.

If anyone has a plus one for Marvel and wants a buddy Id be eternally grateful. 🙏 I hope they just do an official overnight next time because this whole there is no overnight business while not enforcing it is very frustrating. At least with an official line its easier to manage.

They walked us back the same way I came this morning which meant by a bunch of security gates. Folks coming in were just joining us. I much preferred the way they did it yesterday…. No benefit to arriving over two hours ago now. Even outside the doors they have us just merging into the mass of folks outside the hall. Hopefully I can get where I wanted to go without any separate lines to help.

I'm reading all these comments about lines and early mornings, not really understanding any of it. Except... it seems like D23 is way too early in the morning for me! LOL have fun everyone, looking forward to updates.

They walked us back the same way I came this morning which meant by a bunch of security gates. Folks coming in were just joining us. I much preferred the way they did it yesterday…. No benefit to arriving over two hours ago now. Even outside the doors they have us just merging into the mass of folks outside the hall. Hopefully I can get where I wanted to go without any separate lines to help.
so if i’m reading correctly, the folks that were waiting before 04:30 didn’t benefit much— just got mixed in with the rest of the folks that came in during the “permitted” times? I wasn’t brave enough to find out myself…

Sounds like the same problems D23 has every time with lines and overnight. Their line are always a mess, with no real control or destination. At least in San Diego, the lines make sense and have omewhere to go and security is observant to not let people just join.

We had 84 yesterday for the Marketplace and the timing was pretty accurate, it was called just before 11:30am.
I got marketplace boarding grp 81 originally 320 minutes. Those who had 320 estimated minutes for marketplace for the 6 am session what time did it let you in? Im going to marvel panel today. Hopefully 29th century goes last so i can skip that part if it came down to it

Always thought about going to D23, never have been but I like to follow along.

Totally uninformed question: with all this talk about people lining up at 3am or 430am and still not getting into panels… why don’t they just distribute tickets in advance for the individual presentations? Just like a theater or concert. You are row 3, seat 7, etc?

The same number of people would get to go, the same number of people would not get to go, but at least no one is waiting in a line outside all night!

so if i’m reading correctly, the folks that were waiting before 04:30 didn’t benefit much— just got mixed in with the rest of the folks that came in during the “permitted” times? I wasn’t brave enough to find out myself…
I spoke with more people - and while I was outside watched them fill the queues I was in yesterday. I must have arrived too late at 6:40ish to make it in the first holding hall. That one works well; the first overflow and on is just a mass of folks. I’m in standby for the archive stage now.

Always thought about going to D23, never have been but I like to follow along.

Totally uninformed question: with all this talk about people lining up at 3am or 430am and still not getting into panels… why don’t they just distribute tickets in advance for the individual presentations? Just like a theater or concert. You are row 3, seat 7, etc?

The same number of people would get to go, the same number of people would not get to go, but at least no one is waiting in a line outside all night!
The issue is how to decide who gets to go. Nothing seems fair when you don’t win. I think what they have now is the best method TBH. A % can toss money at it (still hard to do since so many are willing). Another % can get lucky with a lottery. Then the line is still there for more folks fo have a shot if they are willing. The line itself isn’t the problem; the sheer hassle of what people are willing to go through is. I heard folks used to line up days in advance when they allowed it. Whatever time Disney says, some folks will go harder. 😬

I’ve seen speculation that Marvel requested to hold seats, which ate into the bank of other seats.

Hence the small standby group. Interesting.

The whole 2:30am thing is another issue. I can’t remember a time when Saturday entry was worse than Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter