D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

We're in the Muppets panel now. I can't believe it's going to be our first panel of the expo (I'm not counting the Mousequerade, which was really fun but not a panel). There's been so much to explore!

Looking forward to OBB tonight and Parks panel tomorrow

Yeah it really sucked. I got here at 3:10am and did not get in. I heard they only had 216 wristbands for standby.
I’ve seen speculation that Marvel requested to hold seats, which ate into the bank of other seats.

Hence the small standby group. Interesting.

The whole 2:30am thing is another issue. I can’t remember a time when Saturday entry was worse than Friday.
Yeah, it reall

I’ve seen speculation that Marvel requested to hold seats, which ate into the bank of other seats.

Hence the small standby group. Interesting.

The whole 2:30am thing is another issue. I can’t remember a time when Saturday entry was worse than Friday.
That’s been normal with the movie panels since at least 2017. The big change this year was that the basement wasn’t open overnight.

The weird part is I got turned away at the back of A standby. Then I see other posts there was a B and C standby? Then another pair that even some of the A standby didn’t get in? I don’t get it.

The saving grace for me is that the panel itself…. Didn’t seem to announce anything new at all?!? Like reading the live blogs and everything there was nothing really new other than confirming some stuff we already knew or was blindingly obvious (like the Thunderbolts lineup). No FF4 news. No XMen news. No further Phase 5/6 news. Just weirdly underwhelming.

I wish it had more for people who did get in (and maybe they’re happy?) but it made me feel a lot better about crawling back into my hotel room bed at 6am and sleeping for a few more hours before hitting the stores.

The weird part is I got turned away at the back of A standby. Then I see other posts there was a B and C standby? Then another pair that even some of the A standby didn’t get in? I don’t get it.

The saving grace for me is that the panel itself…. Didn’t seem to announce anything new at all?!? Like reading the live blogs and everything there was nothing really new other than confirming some stuff we already knew or was blindingly obvious (like the Thunderbolts lineup). No FF4 news. No XMen news. No further Phase 5/6 news. Just weirdly underwhelming.

I wish it had more for people who did get in (and maybe they’re happy?) but it made me feel a lot better about crawling back into my hotel room bed at 6am and sleeping for a few more hours before hitting the stores.
So A, B and C are sections not the order you go up in.

Same here, my daughter, who works at corp, and I didn’t get in but felt it wasn’t bad as there weren’t really any huge announcements. We walked in to the main floor with hardly anyone there, great photo opportunities and compared to when they got out, it was packed and some shopping standby’s were closed. Worked out ok for us. Only wish I hadn’t bothered gettiing up and there at 4!

Hi.. have you seen if there are bag services?
I’m considering bringing the carry on to go the airport from there
Thanks

Successful day 2 at the expo. Time to do it all over again once more tomorrow morning. Just have one more shop to hit up and I need to go a few more booths on the show floor plus revisit the dreams booth after the parks panel since they are likely to add something to it after the panel.

Yeah. So from what I can gather from Twitter one of the security lines opened earlier than the others so those people got it.

I also heard the 216 wristbands. If I was more industrious I could walk the line and count but I'm super grumps right now.
So i went to the guest relations, they said that you can't queue up on the property. So whoever started the line it was an unofficial line that when they came they honored it. But they will talk with the team about that going forward.

Does anyone know to line up for shops in the morning where does the line usually start. I see lines on the outside and in the basement.

What time would be good to get there tomorrow if we have RSPs for Parks? Getting through security has been very fast each day

Win its 25th anniversry, Has anyone seen Hercules merch in an of the stores or booths? I haven’t seen any posts about it besides Disney Insiders going out pins.

Welp, theres goes my plans today. I was hoping to get into mog pin store before parks panel started. But the app kept glitching and freezing to join the queue. I was hoping to get the chipmunks pin. Guess i can be happy my wallet is going to save today. Unless anyone knows what other vendors have chip n dale pins.

Fyi, certain vendors are not gonna be restocking and all they have out is what is left. Mickeys glendale merchandise expo 2022 the baseball jerseys only had XL, 2xl, and 3xl remaining around 645 ish. Some people did manage to grab a Large but it was gone really quickly.

Last edited:
Welp, theres goes my plans today. I was hoping to get into mog pin store before parks panel started. But the app kept glitching and freezing to join the queue. I was hoping to get the chipmunks pin. Guess i can be happy my wallet is going to save today. Unless anyone knows what other vendors have chip n dale pins.

Fyi, certain vendors are not gonna be restocking and all they have out is what is left. Mickeys glendale merchandise expo 2022 the baseball jerseys only had XL, 2xl, and 3xl remaining around 645 ish. Some people did manage to grab a Large but it was gone really quickly.
You may want to check the smaller individual vendors in the Emporium, I’m sure they will have something Chipmunks!*

*I got a vintage Dale cell from Van Eaton Galleries.

Well, I didn’t make it into Standby for theParks panel. Apparently it was full at 5:30 this morning. That just wasn’t in the cards for me today. At least I get to watch the live stream from my comfy sofa!

All checked in for parks (had an RSP so just arrived)! My husband decided he didn’t want to go through this all again so someone who appreciates the finer things in life will get his spot. I didn’t know what the sections meant as far as placement so I just hopped in A… whoops. Guess I’m off to the side but still psyched! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter