D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today has been entertaining, I had no idea people could buy so much. :rotfl:

The A/C on the floor was horrible, mainly because all the loading doors were still open. Made for a warm day.

Yeah! I saw so many bags and was like *** are you buying? We got 2 bags each (one from each store we bought something at) and then the Sorcerer gift bags. I saw people carrying stuff out in carts!

So just thought I would update. They are being very strict on no outside food or drinks. Was just made to throw out a new bottle of vitamin water and a couple was eating the sandwhiches they had packed. So just be prepared.

Just checked in at the hotel. Walked over to get some pictures while it's quieter. Now I need to get unpacked and check my backpack for tomorrow.

Hoping the fantastic rumors are true!

So just thought I would update. They are being very strict on no outside food or drinks. Was just made to throw out a new bottle of vitamin water and a couple was eating the sandwhiches they had packed. So just be prepared.
Thanks for this info. Any insights as to how they are handling the special dietary exceptions for food ?

For panels in the D23 Expo Arena, how long should I plan on for lines? 2 hours sufficient?
For Live Action Movies, no way. I would arrive by 6AM at the very, very latest. I will be there by 5AM.

For Animation and Park & Resorts, 2 hours will likely be enough based on 2015.

:wizard:

Thanks for that. And ugh. I hate wasting time in limes just to get a stupid bottle of water that I'm going to refill all day.

For Live Action Movies, no way. I would arrive by 6AM at the very, very latest. I will be there by 5AM.

5 is probably around when we're coming in on Saturday as well. Not as in a hurry tomorrow since we'll be skipping the morning panel to take the floor in/hopefully get a shopping pass/figure out what we're doing.

Last edited:

Aren't those in Hall D23 though? I was specifically thinking of the Pirates panel on Friday. I've never been but I thought the Expo Arena was different than Hall D23.

We are going to the expo tomorrow (first timers!). It will be me and two young sons - 11 and 8. I've tried to keep expectations low, since we are only going one day and they are young.

So, I have a simple question: What time should we get there tomorrow? If we get there at 7ish, that's two hours before they open. What can I expect? How long does it take to get in once the doors open at 9?

Thanks!

We are going to the expo tomorrow (first timers!). It will be me and two young sons - 11 and 8. I've tried to keep expectations low, since we are only going one day and they are young.

So, I have a simple question: What time should we get there tomorrow? If we get there at 7ish, that's two hours before they open. What can I expect? How long does it take to get in once the doors open at 9?

Thanks!

That late you could be waiting a while to even enter since everyone enters at same time now.

My wife woke up at 2 and decided she wanted to go ahead and attend the legends panel. Plenty of people here but it also looks like there is a lot more room as well.

As far as the lanyard and intro items, there are large self service(at least they were self service at 3:30 AM) bins right after the metal detectors.

Got here a few minutes ago. They did not take my water or my snacks. Have fun everyone !!

We are here currently in line for security for the show floor. Pretty long line because they only have one metal detector open. Security for show floor is all the way back by the turnaround for the convention hotels.

I just want d to update as of 4:30 am we didn't bring any chairs with us nor any food after reading about rules. Well all kinds of people have the camping large chairs AND brought in all kinds of food overnight. McDonald's, pizzas, their own premise stuff. So thy must have changed the rules to allow it all

We are here currently in line for security for the show floor. Pretty long line because they only have one metal detector open. Security for show floor is all the way back by the turnaround for the convention hotels.
When I got here at 4:30 there were 2 metal detectors & they opened a third one. There were at least two others not yet being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter