D23 recap on podcast?

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Hoping that this week's podcast - or perhaps a separate episode entirely - will include a discussion of all the announcements made at D23 this weekend. There was so much announced that I'm sure I missed some things. Relying on the DIS Unplugged to bring me up to speed! :car:

They've been posting recap videos after the major panels - not sure if you have seen them (below is the one from the Parks panel as an example). I am sure they will touch on it during the podcast though - maybe not in as much detail as these videos

I hope they dedicate a large portion of the show (maybe skip rapid fire) with a discussion of the Parks and Resorts announcements at D23. I'd like to get everyone's take on it since most of the team is not at the conference.

Somewhat related, I'd like to hear Michael's take on the Epcot announcement and maybe a Connecting with Walt episode on Project Gemini from the early 2000s at Epcot. They're taking a lot of cues from that design it seems like, and I feel like he could provide further insight into what's going on and what they might have up their sleeves.

The coverage has been great this weekend. Their work is definitely appreciated.

Would also be great to have a follow up segment - not next week but in another week or so once the dust settles - and see if rteetz (Ryan) could skype in live to give his 2 cents on these developments. ps @rteetz & Jackie both did an excellent job covering D23 breaking new for the Boards.

I hope they dedicate a large portion of the show (maybe skip rapid fire) with a discussion of the Parks and Resorts announcements at D23. I'd like to get everyone's take on it since most of the team is not at the conference.

Somewhat related, I'd like to hear Michael's take on the Epcot announcement and maybe a Connecting with Walt episode on Project Gemini from the early 2000s at Epcot. They're taking a lot of cues from that design it seems like, and I feel like he could provide further insight into what's going on and what they might have up their sleeves.

If they are taking queues from Project Gemeni I hope they add the suspended rollercaoaster that would be rainforest themed and be around the Land pavilion

But let's not turn spaceship earth into Time Racers, ok?

Tuesday's show should be interesting as I would think all the "news" would be what came out of D23 anyway along with the rapid fires - maybe do the standard stuff quicker and then do a recap of the event and, like you said, get some other opionions for Kathryn and Julie, etc - and Kevin and John of course

Not detailing everything that they have already covered in their recap videos but more an overview and options

Would also be great to have a follow up segment - not next week but in another week or so once the dust settles - and see if rteetz (Ryan) could skype in live to give his 2 cents on these developments. ps @rteetz & Jackie both did an excellent job covering D23 breaking new for the Boards.
@samsteele - Agree with everything you just said about @rteetz and @WebmasterJackie !! :) (and having Ryan comment on which rumors turned out to be true - have been SOOO thinking about him and his hard work on that Forum all year all weekend!)

I've never seen so much announced in such a short period. It's exciting and exhausting. I did my best updating the boards. I'd be delighted if they decided to have me on.

I've never seen so much announced in such a short period. It's exciting and exhausting. I did my best updating the boards. I'd be delighted if they decided to have me on.

you did an excellent job - and how quick you got the separate threads set up for each major announcement was really impressive

It was a lot of fun this weekend following along on twitter during the major panels and flipping back to the main thread to see what was getting posted and what people were saying (and hopefully adding a few helpful/entertaining things as well)

Felt like our own little community that wasn't able to be there in CA

you did an excellent job - and how quick you got the separate threads set up for each major announcement was really impressive

It was a lot of fun this weekend following along on twitter during the major panels and flipping back to the main thread to see what was getting posted and what people were saying (and hopefully adding a few helpful/entertaining things as well)

Felt like our own little community that wasn't able to be there in CA
Thanks! Yes it really was great. I enjoyed how everyone came together and didn't get really negative or bashing Disney about these announcements.

I think last year they put up the audio versions of the streams. Don't remember if it was same day, or days later. In any case, I'm sure they'll discuss it in length this week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter