D50 vs D70

pattyT

DIS Veteran
Cliff notes anyone??

What are the big diferences between the two. :confused3
there bolth 6.1 mp

I see the special on the D50 body for $659 at Ritz and am thinking I should just BITE the bullet and go with that one rather than wait and buy the D70 at $900

Whiel I am reasearching and not finding much of a difference in these two cameras -
I also am not finding that my Sigma Lenses withh be compatible??

the major difference that I need the most: high ISO performance. The D50 has much better high ISO performance than the D70. It is as good (if not a tad better) than my 20D.

pattyT said:
Whiel I am reasearching and not finding much of a difference in these two cameras -
I also am not finding that my Sigma Lenses withh be compatible??

I have a Sigma 28-70 Zoom lens which works fine with my D70. As long as it's a Nikon AF lens mount, you should have no trouble.

The D50 has a more advanced sensor. I found the D70's 1600 ISO excellent and the D50's should only be even better.

sooo the less expensive D50 is actually better than the d70 by all revues -
just missing a few options (that aren't important to me anyways!!
DH is goint o the mall tonight ;)
I better print out the specs
THANK YOU :banana:

pattyT said:
sooo the less expensive D50 is actually better than the d70 by all revues -
just missing a few options (that aren't important to me anyways!!
DH is goint o the mall tonight ;)
I better print out the specs
THANK YOU :banana:

Isn't technology grand? btw, Nikon will probably have a better and cheaper one out in the next 6 months. I have learned to never look back once I make an electronic purchase. Besides, if you wait, you won't have it to use in the meantime. Have fun!

I just purchased a D50. Ritz Camera had a great on-line deal a few weeks ago (free shipping and no sales tax). I actually ended up purchasing mine off of E-bay. I was a little nervous about doing it but I thoroughly checked the references of several sellers. I couldn't believe how many sellers had ratings above 98% but still had several negative feedbacks. I finally found a seller with very few negatives and they were just minimal complaints. I took my camera with me to WDW two weeks ago and I had several of their photographers ask me about it. They use the D70 but one cast member told me he was getting ready to buy a D50 for himself.

I just stopped at our Ritz Camera store this week to buy my nephew a Coolpix for Christmas. I was inquiring about some accessories for my D50. The salesclerk was shocked at the deal I had found. My camera came with several accessories including and extra battery, 1gb card, soft case, tripod, and card reader. I just printed some photos from my trip and I was amazed at the difference from my Coolpix to my D50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter