• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Daddy is deployed, so let's go to Disney {3 day trip report}

Anchored

DIS Veteran
Thank you for clicking my report!
A couple of months ago I found out that my husband was deploying on April 1st with the naval hospital ship USNS Comfort to do humanitarian work in Central and South America. He has been in the Navy for 10 years, but this would be his first deployment in 6 years, so I was really bummed to find out.
usns.comfort.jpg

My kids were scheduled to go on Spring Break April 3-12. I originally planned to take a trip to Tennessee and get a cabin, but my kids said NO thanks! A friend of mine in Atlanta said come visit me! So I planned to do that since my daughter has never been. See, we just went to Disney in August and have a tripped planned for Thanksgiving week, so I had ZERO plans to go to Disney again in the Spring. We always use the military salute tickets and go once per year.
24l0oow.jpg
August 2014

Then my friend in ATL told me that she couldn't get any time off except the weekend but still wanted to see us. My granny lives in Valdosta, GA and is getting up there in age, and my mom, sister, and brother all live in Tampa FL and my sister has a 1 year old I have only seen once, so I decided we would just take a road trip for spring break to visit everyone then loop back up 95 to go home to Virginia at the end of the week, where we are stationed.

Of course, once I planned to be in Florida, the Disney bug set in. How could I squeeze in a trip to the Mouse House? What better way to get our mind off of daddy leaving than by going to the most magical place on earth???
So I put my thinking cap on
Military tickets were blacked out. Regular tickets were very pricey. Ugh
BUT, I am still a FL resident since that is our home of record and we still keep voters registrations, a residence, etc there, so I looked into FL resident tickets. 3 day Discover Disney tickets were right in my budget! yay!
So I called my friend who is a travel agent and she booked us a room at All Star Sports with 3 day DD passes and the QS Dining Plan for me, my mom, and my son(10) and daughter (6) April 10-12
We were set!!!
sports_touchdown.jpg

ekfb4n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter