• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Daily housekeeping returns for all Deluxe

I will just be happy if they change the sheets once or twice during a ten day stay. I actually like the every other day schedule at the values and moderates, but I didn’t like that they weren’t doing the full cleaning, or at least making the bed.
I would ask the front desk about it. I believe they used to change them on day 4. You might be able to request it.

I saw the news, but if I do now my online check in (I'll be there in April at BC resort) it still say to me that we'll have light mousekeeping every other day. Frankly, I'll wait to do the check in until they remove (hopefully) this statemente on the check in. I really want daily cleaning of my room....
Now we expect Disney IT to update the online check-in? Our expectations are getting way out of control.

Now we expect Disney IT to update the online check-in? Our expectations are getting way out of control.
Yes, I expect that. Since I pay a ton of money for a Deluxe resort and you (Disney) spread the news, I expect you to make me do a check in where I'm not accepting something different from what I'm expecting. It's not getting out of control, it's being clear on what I'm signing for.
And Disney has always being fast in changing things online even before official announcements. So, it doesn't seem something so crazy to me.

I would ask the front desk about it. I believe they used to change them on day 4. You might be able to request it.
I will definitely ask. I remember when they made the switch from every day to every fourth day, and understood why they did it. But not changing them for stays longer than a week is kind of gross. Most of my stays are solo, so I would switch beds halfway through the stay to get clean sheets. But my next stay my sister is going too, so that wouldn’t be an option.

I know I could have asked for linens and changed it myself, but since they use flat sheets instead of fitted ones on the mattress, I can’t get them to stay on the bed.

I vaguely remember the line they used was something about being environmentally-friendly and trying to cut down on water usage/washing.

Why waste water and energy to wash sheets/blankets that otherwise don't need to be washed?
I have kids I know exactly what a room looks like while vacationing that doesn't mean you have to treat your room like a trash can just because your vacationing. If you treat your room like you treat your own place then daily housekeeping isn't needed.
We do not treat the room like a trash can but at home my family of 5 plus 1 under 3 are not sleeping, eating, bathing, sharing one 380 sq ft bedroom and one tiny bathroom, so yes I would like it cleaned daily. And part of vacation for me at least is not having to pick up and clean up after my family of 5 plus 1 lol…It’s nice to come back to a clean room hence why I choose not to DVC, but to each their own.

Yes, I expect that. Since I pay a ton of money for a Deluxe resort and you (Disney) spread the news, I expect you to make me do a check in where I'm not accepting something different from what I'm expecting. It's not getting out of control, it's being clear on what I'm signing for.
And Disney has always being fast in changing things online even before official announcements. So, it doesn't seem something so crazy to me.
It was sarcasm due to Disney’s well deserved reputation for bad IT 😉

I feel like this makes sense. I think it should be daily at all hotels since you are paying for it, but I can see why Disney can't even make that work. It's so much harder to maintain a hotel with 2K rooms than a much smaller resort and I'm certain disney isn't fully staffed in housekeeping/maintenance personnel.

I vaguely remember the line they used was something about being environmentally-friendly and trying to cut down on water usage/washing.
That was when they brought in green recycling trash cans with a Green liner for them. They had the Note counter about by default your linens changed to be washed every 4 day by default but you could request daily replacement

Note: the the Green liners dispersed leaving green plastics behind but they become very stiky with fluids so thy brought the thing Green Recycling bags but on plastic bin to hold them with the green plastic bin.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter