Damaged Merchandised Shipped back from Parks

Litharia

Earning My Ears
Anyone else ship merchandise to their home from their resort at the end of their stay and once they get home and receive it, that most of it is utterly damaged?

We just got back from our WDW trip not long ago and got all the merchandise we bought at the parks shipped home from our resort. We did this last time and had no issues and everything arrived perfectly. This time was another story and we had most of our items completely damaged, broken, scratched and smashed. Everything was perfect when given to the cast member and now its a mess. The box itself had a giant tear in it and looked like it was kicked repeatedly. I have never had any other shipping order that has ever arrived in such disarray.

Anyone else have this experience and what happened and what can I do in order to get this corrected?

Did you have insurance on the package? If so, it's covered. If not, if may be a total loss because you don't know where in the transit process it got damaged.
With that being said and depending on the items, definitely contact corporate in regards to the issue. They may be able to replace the damaged goods being that you send the damaged goods back to them for claims.

Did you pack the box or just give everything to a CM and assume they would pack it with care? When I shipped stuff from the resort I packed it myself so I was responsible for how it was packed. I would never expect that someone at the resort would take care to carefully pack my purchases for me before shipping. I've had mixed results having items shipped directly from point of purchase and rarely bother due to the expensive shipping charges. One time when I paid at point of purchase for shipping my package arrived and it was just the plastic bag full of the items I had purchased thrown into a box with no packing materials. Other times everything has been individually carefully wrapped & shipped with adequate protection. Still other times its been a mix. Once I purchased quite a few items from the Days of Christmas at DS and paid for shipping. The CM who rang me up carefully wrapped & boxed each item individually. Imagine my surprise when my shipment arrived and all the careful wrapping & boxing she had done with my items had all been undone by the shipping department because nothing from that purchase arrived boxed or wrapped as carefully as I had watched her do. Fortunately nothing was broken.

Take photos of the box and everything and give them a call. But I'd wait to all operations return to normal. I'm certain they'll make it right.
We use the ship from store when we are there often and never had a problem. Well, I say we but I mean DH. He Christmas shops (for me) when we do our Fall trips and always ships stuff straight home

Did you use the ship from the store option? If so, they will replace it. Take photos. This happened on a trip of ours. I used the "contact us" option, explained what had happened and mentioned I had taken photos. They asked me to email a photo of the damaged item and then told me they would replace the item that arrived broken. I had it about 5 days later.

We used the option from disney to have them ship back your merchandise from your resort to your home. We did it last year with not problem, but this time everything was smashed into a box without a care, barely any packaging and some even looked like they were opened and handled.

I have all the receipts and took pictures of everything. Hopefully they will be able to do something!

I know with everything going on its rather crazy but when would someone recommend calling/everything is back to normal?

I'd call the day after they reopen the parks. If not 2 days after. But probably no reason to wait longer than that, unless there's major damage in Orlando where the employees aren't able to work and they are operating on skeleton crews. Not looking like that's going to occur but just don't know

I'd call the day after they reopen the parks. If not 2 days after. But probably no reason to wait longer than that, unless there's major damage in Orlando where the employees aren't able to work and they are operating on skeleton crews. Not looking like that's going to occur but just don't know

Thank you! I just want to make sure that it is possible that they can replace it, I have never received a package before in such a poor condition. This was clearly neglect on Disney's part.

Shouldn't be a problem. We got home last month and my son's Mountain Banshee he bought from Animal Kingdom was no longer working. Since it is in-store only there was no way for us to get a replacement. I emailed customer service and there was no issue with them sending me a replacement. Arrived a few days later. Was a painless process.

Thank you! I just want to make sure that it is possible that they can replace it, I have never received a package before in such a poor condition. This was clearly neglect on Disney's part.

Seriously, it is a non-issue. Stuff breaks all the time, they will make it right.

The only * to the entire process is item availability. If you have something you bought that has low stock it does certainly benefit you to contact them sooner rather than later, so I can understand why you'd want to get back to them as quick as possible. I'd probably even shoot an email off, with your photos, to the above address, and then call to follow up tomorrow.

Was all the merchandise from one store? Or from several?

We've shipped things home from DW many times. Sometimes the shipping dept will repack our stuff with more packing material, but other times they will just put the bags, as is, in a large box so now when we buy things, we ask the castmembers in the store to pack breakable items securely.

We've had items arrive damaged and contacted Merchandise Guest Services and they've been replaced without a problem. They usually ask for a photo of the damaged item and send a replacement quickly.

While your box arrived very damaged, there's no way of knowing when that occurred so it would be difficult to call it neglect on Disney's part. It definitely didn't leave the shipping facility in that condition.

We've shipped things home from DW many times. Sometimes the shipping dept will repack our stuff with more packing material, but other times they will just put the bags, as is, in a large box so now when we buy things, we ask the castmembers in the store to pack breakable items securely.

We've had items arrive damaged and contacted Merchandise Guest Services and they've been replaced without a problem. They usually ask for a photo of the damaged item and send a replacement quickly.

While your box arrived very damaged, there's no way of knowing when that occurred so it would be difficult to call it neglect on Disney's part. It definitely didn't leave the shipping facility in that condition.
The only thing I can say is, if things are packaged properly damages can be reduced in many cases.
While the PO/UPS manhandles boxes without a doubt the damage often happens when folks box stuff up and leave the contents loose to move around or have a lot of empty space in the box. This greatly increases their chance of being crushed or having the box damaged which will of course, damage what's inside. Well packed boxes usually arrive in better shape, no matter how rough they are handled.

Anytime we've shipped from a WDW shop the packaging was excellent. This includes some especially fragile things such a glass ornaments. Replacing damaged items is something they handle very well. On our last trip we bought DGD a Frozen sort of crafts kit that essentially fell apart on the way to the airport to return home. She was devastated and I assure her we'd get her another one. I emailed the address above, within a few days I rec'd a reply requesting a photo, the SKU # of the item, and a mailing address. A few days after that a replacement arrived. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter