Dancing at Disney

Dancemomof3

Mouseketeer
My daughters' dance troupe will be dancing in the Spectromagic parade in June 2016. (June27-July 4 to be exact) the price per person will be $1354 for dancers and $1134 for friends and family. We'll be fundraising like crazy for the next 18 months. Included in our cost is 7 nights I the Carribean Beach resort, 1 CS meal per day per person, resort mugs, backpacks and costumes for the girls, 8 day deluxe park hoppers which include the waterparks and Disney Quest. This seems like a pretty decent package to me but a friend of mine is disgusted and ranting that we should go on our own with dining for half the price.

I've been a few times. We don't do dining usually. We went in August. Dining was going to be $1400. We spent $900. We tend to be meal sharers. So, my question is, is she correct? Does the package above seem like a good deal and also save me plaanning or can I do significantly better on my own?

I have not run any numbers but I'm thinking that $1100-1350 for a moderate hotel, park hoppers and one meal a day is a bargain. Remember you'll be there through July 4 which is high season. When we went over Easter in 2011, we stayed at a value and used the deluxe dining plan, had park hoppers withOUT water parks and DQ and I think it was at least that, if not more per person after breaking it down.

Edited to add that if those costs are including costumes and backpacks, go for it. I have sons who do not dance but I have heard costumes are very pricey. Not sure what your friend is thinking that she could do it cheaper.

Can I just say how jealous I am? My daughter would be in 7th heaven if she had that opportunity. :)

How many people are they putting in each room? If you fill up a room, downgrade tickets, and pay for meals out of pocket, you might save some money. But, for what you get, it sounds like a decent deal to me.

I hope you mean the nighttime parade. There is no more (saddly) Spectromagic.
. What ever she is in, enjoy it

I have not run any numbers but I'm thinking that $1100-1350 for a moderate hotel, park hoppers and one meal a day is a bargain. Remember you'll be there through July 4 which is high season. When we went over Easter in 2011, we stayed at a value and used the deluxe dining plan, had park hoppers withOUT water parks and DQ and I think it was at least that, if not more per person after breaking it down.

Edited to add that if those costs are including costumes and backpacks, go for it. I have sons who do not dance but I have heard costumes are very pricey. Not sure what your friend is thinking that she could do it cheaper.

It's a Disney designed costume too, made especially for the parade

How many people are they putting in each room? If you fill up a room, downgrade tickets, and pay for meals out of pocket, you might save some money. But, for what you get, it sounds like a decent deal to me.

They're putting up to 5 per room or the pricing is for families of up to 5 (which we are) I was unclear because I was exhausted during the meeting. I just know my price based on our family of 5,lol.

We always pay out of pocket for food. The dining plan is just too much for us.

My daughters' dance troupe will be dancing in the Spectromagic parade in June 2016. (June27-July 4 to be exact) the price per person will be $1354 for dancers and $1134 for friends and family. We'll be fundraising like crazy for the next 18 months. Included in our cost is 7 nights I the Carribean Beach resort, 1 CS meal per day per person, resort mugs, backpacks and costumes for the girls, 8 day deluxe park hoppers which include the waterparks and Disney Quest. This seems like a pretty decent package to me but a friend of mine is disgusted and ranting that we should go on our own with dining for half the price.

I've been a few times. We don't do dining usually. We went in August. Dining was going to be $1400. We spent $900. We tend to be meal sharers. So, my question is, is she correct? Does the package above seem like a good deal and also save me plaanning or can I do significantly better on my own?

It definitely sounds like a decent package to me. For the sake of comparison, my DH and I stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter for seven nights with 6-day standard park hoppers and free dining for roughly $2,350 (just under $1,200 per person). We went in September, so we weren't even paying peak season pricing. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity, and getting a Disney designed costume would be such a treat!

Seems close to me. Pricing out CBR for April 4-10, 2015 (Easter), and adding 8 day tickets with PH & WP&M is $3,412.76 for 2 adults & 2 kids (around $850 pp). Of course that does not include the extras like meals, etc. And that is also the price for spring 2015. Summer 2016 will obviously be higher due to inflation, if nothing else.

I don't think I'd be "disgusted" by the price difference, but you might be able to get it cheaper on your own.

Thanks for your input everyone :) All along my thought has been, I could probably do a cheaper trip but this experience is worth so much. Then she started making me second guess myself. Plus we have over 18 months to save and fundraise

Thanks for your input everyone :) All along my thought has been, I could probably do a cheaper trip but this experience is worth so much. Then she started making me second guess myself. Plus we have over 18 months to save and fundraise

I'm assuming you have to do the package for her to get to attend? If my math is right that look like $5890 for you family of 5? And did I read that right, that is only 1 CS a day? So you will be out more money for the rest of your food. Definitely could do a cheaper trip. But, if it is the only way she can do it, well it's worth every penny. Just because I'm a numbers person:

7 nights @ CBR - $196 x 7 = $1327
8 day tickets PH&WPF = $2172
7 CS meals for 5 - $75 x 7 = $525

That is regular rate for the room in June. Tickets from WDW no discount and includes the tax. And it totals $4024. So... did I miss a detail or does the $5890 include expensive airfare as well??

I'm assuming you have to do the package for her to get to attend? If my math is right that look like $5890 for you family of 5? And did I read that right, that is only 1 CS a day? So you will be out more money for the rest of your food. Definitely could do a cheaper trip. But, if it is the only way she can do it, well it's worth every penny. Just because I'm a numbers person:

7 nights @ CBR - $196 x 7 = $1327
8 day tickets PH&WPF = $2172
7 CS meals for 5 - $75 x 7 = $525

That is regular rate for the room in June. Tickets from WDW no discount and includes the tax. And it totals $4024. So... did I miss a detail or does the $5890 include expensive airfare as well??

There are a few other "perks" that I didn't list because I was at work and didnt have my papers in front of me. There will apparently be a "Farewell Gala" on our last night. It will be a big private dinner/dance party
With characters and VIP fireworks viewing. Also the costumes will be the girls to keep (both of my daughters are dancing).

I marched in a Disney parade in high school and know that the behind the scenes stuff is once in a lifetime. I also know that what I did and what my girls are being offered are worlds apart. This trip seems to be beyond anything I've heard even the other local dance studios talk about when they've been to Disney. Apparently Disney will be providing a choreographer, how that's working, I don't know yet. I haven't seen the nighttime parade before so I'm not sure if they're on a float or walking but I guess it's with other dance studios from all over the world.

There are a few other "perks" that I didn't list because I was at work and didnt have my papers in front of me. There will apparently be a "Farewell Gala" on our last night. It will be a big private dinner/dance party
With characters and VIP fireworks viewing. Also the costumes will be the girls to keep (both of my daughters are dancing).

I marched in a Disney parade in high school and know that the behind the scenes stuff is once in a lifetime. I also know that what I did and what my girls are being offered are worlds apart. This trip seems to be beyond anything I've heard even the other local dance studios talk about when they've been to Disney. Apparently Disney will be providing a choreographer, how that's working, I don't know yet. I haven't seen the nighttime parade before so I'm not sure if they're on a float or walking but I guess it's with other dance studios from all over the world.

Hmmm... this makes me curious whether MSEP will be a completely different parade by then. I guess we'll see. That would be exciting news.

Like I said in my PP, it would be "worth" any amount you could afford really (and I know I would do it for my girls - I have two as well and one dances.) But, certainly not a "deal" by any standards. For that price you should at least get the QS dining plan not just 1 QS a day. So, I do understand why your friend is complaining. They should be charging 'at worst' the same price any joe schmo can get plus the cost of the costume. I don't think the costumes cost a grand a piece.

I've seen MSEP many times and can't imagine how it is working either. You can see the current parade at you tube. Just put in Main Street Electrical Parade. It was the nighttime parade at MK from 1977-1991 (if you were there any of those years) and then replaced Spectromagic for good in 2010, so last 4 years as well if you went in that time frame.

That is a great price!

We went a few years ago when both of my DDs danced at Magic Kingdom and where also in a parade and we paid a little over $2,500 for the 4 of us. I will say that we upgraded from CBR to Poly

My DDs loved it!

Dancemomof3
My daughters team did this in June 2014. Its a package from an agency and there are only a few choices to make. The food coupons and the gala. We chose not to do the food and just used the magic bands to pay for what we needed. Definitely do the gala dinner. The kids have a lot of fun there with a DJ and characters showing up. In the end the money is really unimportant. Its the girls experience that will be priceless.We are DVC and have annual passes and paid for the package anyway because it was that important for our daughter to experience this. They will really enjoy the parade and being bussed in backstage to be treated like actual cast members. Be prepared because pictures are very hard to get during the parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter