• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2018

This is 100% on the judges...a 30, really?

The judges are not blameless, Bobby should have gotten 7s for that freestyle.

The judges may not always be really voting as they really think. I think the producers may be altering their scores at times. Remember the season when Maks was a guest judge for a couple weeks? He and Bruno each gave a star 10's. But, when it came to holding up the paddles, their votes were changed to 9's. Both men shook their heads and said THEY had voted 10's. Meanwhile Tom was telling us the producers said they each had originally voted 9'sand turned that in on their sheet they handed in. But both men were shaking their heads - that is NOT how they voted.

The NEXT week, Ginger Zee, gets all 10's. The FIRST perfect score of the season. :rolleyes1

Had Maks & Bruno's scores of 10's stood for the week before, THAT star would have had the first perfect score of the season. But the producers were pushing Ginger at us all season, all the way up to the Finals. :sad2:

I feel like I just wasted 9 Monday nights, it is no wonder that ratings are down. . .

I feel that way too. Mandy announced that there may not be another DWTS till next Fall. It may take all of us that long to forget this season and come back. :sad2:

they sent the best dancer home last week and gave the second worst dancer of the season the mirror ball, I'm surprised ABC didn't give it to Joe.

They probably tried. But, that was too unbelievable that he'd get that many votes.

It was unbelievable he lasted as long as he did. No other Bachelor(ette) lasted as long. Yet THIS season there is a sudden surge of Bachelor Nation fans to keep a contestant (not the star) on the show on weeks longer than the others? I don't think so. :rolleyes:

It was unbelievable he lasted as long as he did. No other Bachelor(ette) lasted as long. Yet THIS season there is a sudden surge of Bachelor Nation fans to keep a contestant (not the star) on the show on weeks longer than the others? I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Melissa Rycroft came in third on her original season and then took the mirror ball on all stars.

The judges may not always be really voting as they really think. I think the producers may be altering their scores at times. Remember the season when Maks was a guest judge for a couple weeks? He and Bruno each gave a star 10's. But, when it came to holding up the paddles, their votes were changed to 9's. Both men shook their heads and said THEY had voted 10's. Meanwhile Tom was telling us the producers said they each had originally voted 9'sand turned that in on their sheet they handed in. But both men were shaking their heads - that is NOT how they voted.

The NEXT week, Ginger Zee, gets all 10's. The FIRST perfect score of the season. :rolleyes1

Had Maks & Bruno's scores of 10's stood for the week before, THAT star would have had the first perfect score of the season. But the producers were pushing Ginger at us all season, all the way up to the Finals. :sad2:

I do remember that but the judges tonight didn't seem upset with the scores. I was just amazed when they did it, I wonder if the reason we had a one night finale was so that Bobby could win? I really didn't like the format tonight, I always enjoy seeing all the stars dance again. This made the freestyle irrelevant, instead of the most important dance of the season.

Melissa Rycroft came in third on her original season and then took the mirror ball on all stars.

You're right. I stand corrected. And she was GOOD. I was very happy for her and Tony winning the All-Stars. :yay:

Yet, I was talking about the ones who couldn't dance and rightfully got booted after several weeks. That's why I forgot about Melissa.

I do remember that but the judges tonight didn't seem upset with the scores. I was just amazed when they did it, I wonder if the reason we had a one night finale was so that Bobby could win? I really didn't like the format tonight, I always enjoy seeing all the stars dance again. This made the freestyle irrelevant, instead of the most important dance of the season.

I'm actually glad now that we didn't sit through two nights of a Finale.

I also have to wonder what stars they can possibly book for the next season, knowing it's no longer about who is best? The pros & stars actually have been getting hurt trying to compete. But, who wants to even try when they know it's not going to matter in the end? :confused3

This is a first for DWTS, but has happened on other shows. Adam Lambert coming in 2nd on American Idol, anyone? Can't even remember the guy's name that won.

The judges pretty much give all 10s for freestyles in the finale, to leave it up to the audience. All I can think of is the audience split so well between the other three, or at least between Milo and Evanna, that Bobby's fans pulled him through.

Milo's freestyle was fantastic, one of my favorites ever. Big future for this kid, and Witney should get an Emmy nod. I see Milo as a Hugh Jackman successor - musical theater!

Had to vote before the show, and gave my votes to Evanna. But would have voted for Milo if I got to watch first.

Hey, at least Sharna got a win. Wonder how she feels about it?

Even ok with the blonde lady winning. I'm so annoyed I can't even think of her name right now.

Evanna. She has the Harry Potter fandom and they are in the millions. J.K. Rowling became a billionaire even before the books were made into movies. And the fans of the books & movies are multi-generational: parents, plus kids who are Evanna's age who grew up with her, reading the books, and current kids who are just now reading them & watching all the movies on TV - which their parents probably got them involved with DWTS by letting them vote.

Alexis has her millions of followers. Whether they tuned into vote seems moot now.

I was really hoping for a Milo win, but I would have been OK with either of the girls.
Bobby was the only one I absolutely did NOT want to win.

I should have stuck with my initial reaction to the cast and not even watched this season.
What a disappointing ending.

They didn't even say who came in 2nd-4th. Total scam.

Yes, you pointed out something crucial.

I tuned in late, so I missed quite a bit. Usually on the finale night, they boot off #4 right away and the Final 3 dance it out. Even though I tuned in late, I thought it odd that all four couples were still left. I thought maybe, it has to do with the finale only being one night this time.

But, think of it: if they already know at the beginning of the show that Bobby is going to win, they CAN'T get rid of any of the 3 other couples. ALL of them can dance better than Bobby. The reaction would have been the same as what happened when Juan Pablo got the boot over Bobby, all. over. again. :badpc: There would almost be no WAY they could continue the show with that dark, nasty, angry cloud hanging over the show.

Yet, they ALSO couldn't do a count down at the end, saying who came in fourth, (What??? Not Bobby?) NOR could they just start with an, "In third place. . ." and start from there, as again whoever got third, got it instead Bobby. Nor could they then announce second runner up. LEAVING Bobby up there with the last couple, to then announce Bobby as the winner.

The producers KNEW they couldn't do a count down. :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: They could only do one quick announcement of who won.

I like Bobby after this (sorry Robin ;) ). I didn't know who he was before. However, he did not deserve to win. I was pulling for Evanna, and was indifferent to Alexis. Milo blew me away with his free style, and even though I was pulling for Evanna, I think Milo deserved to win.

BTW, totally ticked off at DWTS Facebook page. They announced the winners before the show even started here in California, and it popped up on my feed - huge picture of Sharna and Bobby with the mirror ball. Not happy.

Also, btw - I'm glad for Sharna. I just love her on the show.

I am so glad I am at Disney and did not watch I would have been so mad.
I had a bad feeling as he kept staying in that he seemed to have the fans behind him and would win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter