Dapper Day at Hollywood Studios crowd prediction

BigThunderMike

Earning My Ears
I know trying to predict crowd levels this year takes an advanced degree, but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on this years Dapper Days is. I'm going to be at HS on Saturday the 21st of November and that is the Dapper Day park for that day. The park is already sold out, which seems par for the course for HS especially on the weekend. So it's going to be a crowded day for sure, but I was wondering about ride times. Does the dapper day crowd tend to go on less rides? I was thinking that if it was going to be at capacity either way, being there on Dapper Day might just take some pressure off wait times. What are your thoughts/experiences?

I'm also debating between doing HS again on Sunday or doing MK. If I choose MK that is the Dapper Day park for that day. Which park would you choose?

I’ve been to some of the parks during Dapper Days but I wouldn’t say they impacted the crowd significantly at all. The ones I did see did go on rides but for the most part, I don’t think they will be a large percentage of the crowd.

I was at Dapper Day DHS last year and it was the most miserable theme park day I’ve ever had. Jam packed shoulder to shoulder in SWGE. Jam packed on the road to ToT & RnRC. And lots of people everywhere else- SO. MANY. PEOPLE. And I looked like a total idiot to my fam because I’d seen multiple reports on DIS the Dapper’s didn’t affect crowds at WDW like they do at Disneyland (we’ve done Dapper Day at DLR and it’s jam packed so I know what that looks like). WRONG!! We ran away before lunch and park hopped to MK.

All that said- this year it shouldn’t matter because of the capacity restrictions. I anticipate it will be as crowded as you’re seeing reports of now. But many people will look much nicer 😉

I was at Dapper Day DHS last year and it was the most miserable theme park day I’ve ever had. Jam packed shoulder to shoulder in SWGE. Jam packed on the road to ToT & RnRC. And lots of people everywhere else- SO. MANY. PEOPLE. And I looked like a total idiot to my fam because I’d seen multiple reports on DIS the Dapper’s didn’t affect crowds at WDW like they do at Disneyland (we’ve done Dapper Day at DLR and it’s jam packed so I know what that looks like). WRONG!! We ran away before lunch and park hopped to MK.

All that said- this year it shouldn’t matter because of the capacity restrictions. I anticipate it will be as crowded as you’re seeing reports of now. But many people will look much nicer 😉
While that is an unfortunate experience you had, I still don't know if that can be attributed to Dapper Day. I think it's more just that DHS became busy once SWGE opened up and doesn't handle crowds well.

While that is an unfortunate experience you had, I still don't know if that can be attributed to Dapper Day. I think it's more just that DHS became busy once SWGE opened up and doesn't handle crowds well.
Most people were dressed to impress. I did SWGE on a normal weekend day a month or two earlier. That wasn’t it.

My experience doesn’t matter in the post-COVID world so I shouldn’t have relayed it anyway. “Real” crowds won’t be seen again at WDW in a long time. DHS is maxed in the reservation system basically everyday so what you see now is as full as it will be until Disney increases capacity. Events make no difference.

Last edited:

I know trying to predict crowd levels this year takes an advanced degree, but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on this years Dapper Days is. I'm going to be at HS on Saturday the 21st of November and that is the Dapper Day park for that day. The park is already sold out, which seems par for the course for HS especially on the weekend. So it's going to be a crowded day for sure, but I was wondering about ride times. Does the dapper day crowd tend to go on less rides? I was thinking that if it was going to be at capacity either way, being there on Dapper Day might just take some pressure off wait times. What are your thoughts/experiences?

I'm also debating between doing HS again on Sunday or doing MK. If I choose MK that is the Dapper Day park for that day. Which park would you choose?
Missed your ride q- they rode just as many rides. Except more pictures were taken in the lines and more random moment photo ops were snagged in public places. They were quite creative with their photos!

They were also a nice bunch of people. You know how sometimes the crowd can just feel mean? People shoving, using their strollers as battering rams against your ankles? Definitely didn’t feel like that. Personally I would stick with your res. DHS will be maxed no matter what day you pick, DD won’t give you any advantages but it should lend a fun old timey feel to the park- and ironically it might be the least crowded Dapper Day DHS ever sees going forward!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter