darkside or Europe or darkside.......

Ndusmama

DIS Veteran
So here is my situation. I recently ran light side. It was my first race more then a 5k ever! So proud of myself. I did the rebel challenge. So now I have the bug and am registered for another local 15k race in February and Disneyland in September. My sister without giving me time to really think or plan asked if I wanted to go to London. I said ok but I needed to think first. I had never left my two young children for more then a night EVER, and two weeks in Europe is a long time away. Well she went and booked the flight for me, her, and my nephew (that I raised).
So issues:
She is willing to pay for the entire Europe trip,which I feel guilty about because I can't really afford a trip to Europe right now.
It's two weeks away from two young children. That at this point I have only spent a weekend away from.
The world is in sort of a political turmoil and I am not sure leaving the country right now would be good because who knows what more stupidity is going to happen and if I could get home. (Again the young children thing and an ocean between is a lot harder to walk across then land)
I have been to the places she wants to go so it's not like I havent seen where she wants to go.
My nephew has said he doesn't want to go

What I am asking: I would instead like to go and do the dark side challenge at wdw. I could get the kessel medal cause seriously who doesn't want a millennium falcon medal. It's much cheaper and I could afford the trip myself or split with my sister. Now my sister didn't train properly for lightside. She finished the 10k but she supposedly injured herself during the half (I have my doubts and she has a history and I wasn't with her at the time), anyway she was in medical tent. She met me at the 13 mile mark and walked back on the race (no I don't want to hear or read about her cheating cause believe me I can come up with it all on my own I am not her not my issue it is hers) so technically she has a finish time and did get the finish medal so she I think would technically get the kessel medal.
So should I convince my sister to do dark side with me or should I try it solo? Is it scary doing solo? I've met online people who want to get together but is that scary or I am not sure what I should be asking. I am not trying to have people convince me to go to Europe cause I think I am convincing myself it's not such a good idea just ideas to get my sister to do darkside with me or convince me that darkside alone is not so scary and I should just do it. Scatterbrained I know but go.....

Personally I wouldn't turn down a free trip to Europe, but I understand your concerns (especially the political ones).

It sounds like you don't want to go to Europe and she wouldn't want to do Darkside (have you asked her?), so I'd say Darkside by yourself. :confused3

Personally I wouldn't turn down a free trip to Europe, but I understand your concerns (especially the political ones).

It sounds like you don't want to go to Europe and she wouldn't want to do Darkside (have you asked her?), so I'd say Darkside by yourself. :confused3
I have asked her and she said she's doing Europe either by herself or not but I don't think it's a good choice for her either. She's looking for a new job and maybe moving across state if she finds and gets a new job at the same time.

My first rD race was the Dark Side Challenge last year, and it was also my first solo trip to WDW. It was fun; I had no problems; and I am doing it again this year. Like last year, I am offering a DIS meet-up for early dinner on Saturday. I think we had seven people at the dinner (Portobello Italian Restaurant in Disney Springs) including @Z-Knight and @Fruto76, plus friends. This year, I have made reservations for eight at Il Mulino (Swan Resort) for 5:00pm if you are interested. We only have two so far, but I assume others will join as we get closer.

In any case, going solo is different but fun. You are not tied to anyone's schedule which is unusual and awesome, so I don't think you should be nervous about it.

Okay I went and signed up for the challenge. Now just to tell my sister I am not doing Europe with her. First solo wdw trip here I come! Now to find a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter